test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATE [Console] Certain Dungeons/Trials Temporarily Disabled

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2021 in News & Announcements
Update 5:12pm
Tiamat and Demo have also been temporarily turned off while we investigate.

We have temporarily disabled Fangbreaker Isle and Lair of the Mad Mage on Xbox and PlayStation while we investigate crashing issues potentially related to Frost Giants. Please let us know if you experience crashes with Frost Giants outside those dungeons - any additional information will help with the investigation.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to have this resolved quickly.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Many dungeons and trials are getting caught in a Blue Screen loop. The entire group blue screens, reloads and as soon as you get back in, it blue screens again. It's a fight just to be able to abandon the instance. Has occurred in (but probably not exclusive to):

Temple of Tiamat
    Fangbreaker Island
    Lair of the Mad Mage

I'm hearing reports from across the alliance of this happening. Could this be related to the xBox issues.

As I'm sure you are aware, this is exceedingly frustrating for a lot of players

(apologies, I should have put this in Bug Reports, but I'm a fool)

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83
  • grimacefor#6158 grimacefor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This just happened to me too, and I saw at least someone else in Zone/public say it. I was on Random Epic Queue - Lair of the Mad Mage.

Got blue screened about a minute into the dungeon, then twice I tried to get back in and blue screened each time when it loaded LOMM. I had to log in on a different char and I guess that kicked me from the instance automatically.

It would be nice to get feedback on this.
  • muzza799#3349 muzza799 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    this is the way my lion looks after the rework. Not sure if this is a bug or as intended :)

• percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @muzza799#3349,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we can confirm this is a bug, the dev team will prepare a fix as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    RTX OFF

xD
    Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

After this announce, QA team was also able to reproduce it with Tiamat (white head is causing the crash)

Dev team is actively working to fix it as soon as possible

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    Update: does this bug only affects the mounts tab, or when the mount is summoned too please? Thanks in advance!
    Percemer
    ----------
    When the mount is summoned too.
    Thank you again for your help @muzza799#3349! QA team experiences some difficulties to reproduce this issue, but we hope being able to fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    edited February 2021
    tried to post a pic of a friends summoned lion but its not working lol
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Entire party blue screened roughly 6 minutes into Trial. Blue screened 3 times in a row. This needs to be addressed ASAP.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Downloaded the combat changes yesterday on PS4. My main got stuck in the stronghold. I went in, it blue screened and then every attempt thereafter to reload my main just blue screened. I swapped to an alt and did a random epic trial. Got demogorgon and it blue screened twice for me during the trial (although we did complete and get the rewards). I called out in zone chat and got a reply that other people were also experiencing crashes. I swapped to a different alt and did a random epic dungeon. Got fangbreaker and we had a complete party blue screen early on. When I restarted and got back in, the rest of the party were still out, but one by one managed to rejoin. At that point I'd had enough and went and played a different game.
  • tiltawhirling#1261 tiltawhirling Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Blue screened four times in less than 2 minutes fighting Fentaza in Fane.

Congrats, Arc-- you've managed to put out *the worst* "update" I've ever seen in a game.
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    After the update. I am doing the quest "defeat runechanged trolls" in The Sea Of Moving Ice. As soon as the frost giants trigger/aggro the game quits out to xbox home page. This has happened 4 times now as i tried to see if anything else was triggering the giants(like just being on screen without aggro etc), but it's as soon as they get aggro it happened straight away, Exact location of these front giants is 4623, -91.

I did install the 5gb update before the update was delayed so maybe it's the first update that was bugged, so if i need to i will uninstall and reinstall the game. for now i can work around these giants. I have more to do on this map so i will update if i run into any other issues
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Well well well just had my cherry popped aswell. Did my daily guild influence run in our stronghold and got a bluescreen during a heroic encounter. This is bad. Never happened before best believe!

Edit: Two bluescreens today (February 8, Monday) during heroic encounters in Lonelywood.
    Post edited by missdayum on
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
    edited February 2021
    uninstalled the game, reinstalled , this is still happening. This time on the frost giants ships.
  • aimeeisasimnutaimeeisasimnut Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Game crashes back to xbox screen while doing runestead. My character is stuck in there because it won't load. Trying to wait for instance to close to see if my character is freed before submitting a ticket.
  • aimeeisasimnutaimeeisasimnut Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Update waited 15 min for runestead to collapse and it freed my character
  • abysswalker#4253 abysswalker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My account is new, so I cannot post, but the same sort of situation is occurring to me in the Howling Maw instance on Spinward Rise. The instant any Death Slaad uses their poison cloud attack, the game crashes out. This effectively softlocks me from progressing in the quest.

Assassin Rogue 80
    Elemental Evil Campaign - Feeding The Slaadi
    Howling Maw, Spinward Rise

1. Approach any Death Slaad
    2. Wait for Cloud Attack
    3. Instantly on cast game crashes out

I've been able to reproduce this about five times now. I'm running the Series X, so I doubt it's on my end. Also, think it is isolated to the attack as I've stood still with no other enemies and it still crashes.

For now, I'll leave and try again later. Once my new account probation is up, I'll create a new thread.
    edited February 2021
    Greetings,

We identified an issue with frost giants, this is why the dev team disabled some dungeons and Tiamat (white head). They are actively working to fix this crash issue as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
  • richtayls#5929 richtayls Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    If it helps my friends on PS5 have this bug but not those on PS4, I assume your QA team has a PS5 to replicate the issue?
    Thanks for the update.
  • abysswalker#4253 abysswalker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Like to add Shadar-kai Witches of Vellosk also crash the game during their Daze attack
  • russelguppy#7025 russelguppy Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Have noticed a lot of textures failing to load whilst playing on PS5. Mounts, Armor, CODG, Svardborg.

It looks like Neverwinter Lego Duplo edition for me sometimes....
    edited February 2021
    im on ps4 not ps5. i've also noticed its not a constant thing. i was playing yesterday and everything seemed back to normal but then 20 mins later my mounts were back to the above state.
  • jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hi.
    As the title reads, some textures just never load in, not even after standing in the same spot for 5min+. This started after the combat changes patch and i have never seen this issue before that.

Screens,
    https://ibb.co/GRzV5vW
    https://ibb.co/5T4ZqVD
    https://ibb.co/GtS25N1

BR
    Jacob
    this is an issue on ps4 too. just did msva and it was off all the way through. the floor and the manticores were most noticable. Port Nyanzaru is off too.
    I've experienced some of the crashes in dungeons but there seems to be a few going on at the stronghold too. Killing random mobs can cause a blue screen and attacking green dragon at dragonflight.
  • jn1245jn1245 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Ah ok, none of the people in my chat that was on ps4 had the same issue, so i thought it was a ps5 thing.
  • polymath21#2400 polymath21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Bug report after Feb 4 maintenance:

The game keeps crashing whenever I encounter and engage (or be engaged) by a Soul Slaver mob. It seems to be limited to this mob (or an attack animation of this mob). I get booted and a get blue screen error. Upon relogging, I usually find myself killed with the post-death menu appearing as a starter screen.

I encounter this problem in Ebon Downs, both outside and inside crypts.

As a consequence, the quests “The Soul Slavers” and “The Drowned King” cannot be completed, breaking the subsequent quest lines in Ebon Downs. Hence, you cannot comoplete Ebon Downs and, furthermore, you cannot advance in the Cult of the dragon campaign.

Playing a lvl 46 warlock hellbringer.