test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time out login

Comments

• zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Please tell the cleaning lady to plug the server back in after she has finished using the hoover.
  • bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Please tell the cleaning lady to plug the server back in after she has finished using the hoover.

and she can do some devs work too.
    how hard can it be?
  • morian#1561 morian Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It's just a planned interuption, so you can get to know the strangers that you have been living with for the last 10 years or so
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I am not sure another thread on it is going to help B)
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

• wrongun72#1436 wrongun72 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Given the server only has 1 power outlet they take the oscillating fan plug out when they hoover. Must have forgot to put it back in again..
  • trevor#1739 trevor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When will the pc server be back on.
  • xxsuperheroxx#8731 xxsuperheroxx Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    well he has questions and is all upset most likely didn't check to see if there was a thread already or maybe he doesn't like me so he took his ball to another thread I don't work here so not sure what to do about it other then maybe his threads way cooler then mine..
  • kohanaskohanas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    @earlgreybeard More places to complain :bleep_bloop:
    awesome now theres three mmaaahhhaahaaa count them three! One! two! three!!!! maaahhhaaahaaa
    It might be they have to move the whole thing to a new machine.. which would mean maybe hours... It seems a bit long for just a server restart. :s
  • artoffart#9449 artoffart Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i would like to know that too. couldnt find any informations regarding downtime anywhere on site or forums. started playing game yesterday and got addicted already :)
    I now have 15 minutes to get my key :#
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    yep, i was just about to wait for reset and refine AD then logout, great :(
    I would think they would do that on a server serve date giving advance warning about servers being down or give a heads up warning that an emergency server change is needed. I am still on the thought some one was down loading free adult video's of of hamster and got a bit of a virus and as we sit here chatting a large fire brigade of mad gnomes are running around the server room with fire extinguishers blasting each other and ever one missing the server thats on fire... but that just me..=P
    edited February 2021

same here, now "server unavailable"

sry edit: It has gone back to time out while contacting the server.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Answer ✓
    The login server is having a temper tantrum. They're aware and are working on it. I don't have any new information other than the patcher message, "We're having some issues, but we're working on it right now." As it's been a bit over an hour now, I expect they're running into issues getting it back up in a timely matter, especially since it's happening in the middle of the night where the Staff are located. I've sent out further notifications just in case. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
  • mrpeggle#7907 mrpeggle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2021

sry edit: It has gone back to time out while contacting the server.

It is a good sign, isn't it... *never give up hope*
  • melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I think its just the server being done with the game.
    Not even the server can handle both the "combat rework" and the "new mod 20" coming soon.
    The server is protesting!
    5m :/
    zebular said:

The login server is having a temper tantrum. They're aware and are working on it. I don't have any new information other than the patcher message, "We're having some issues, but we're working on it right now." As it's been a bit over an hour now, I expect they're running into issues getting it back up in a timely matter, especially since it's happening in the middle of the night where the Staff are located. I've sent out further notifications just in case. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the update. Appreciated.
    I left out of the game because I was in the UnderScar quest and 3 demons kept coming back to life near a pool. I would kill two and then get killed but when I ran back there where three again. no matter which demons I killed there where three there again and again and again. ever other quest when you killed it it stayed dead in lease it was a end boss where you have to kill the boss to stop them from making more. or does the quest change and you have to kill every thing again from the beginning?
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    really hoping we get some patch notes update with this unexpected server maintenance

also when's the next vip sale?!?!
  • bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    maybe some mad CW burned the criptic server station?
    @nukaze#1578

This is not an unexpected server maintenance. This is the server dying :joy:
    To be fair, this is not a maintenance, a patch or a downtime. This is the server dying and thats different.
    On another note though, you had another 22,5 hours to log in and claim your daily things. You didnt. So its also your fault for waiting until the last minute to claim your VIP things.
  • mrpeggle#7907 mrpeggle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    To be fair...picking rewards within the last two hours is not waiting until the last minute
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    This server crash came in the worst time possible - the day before any big changes they usually delete all the backup files so people cannot demand a roll-back. Now the last remnant files to survive are from beta...
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    melechest said:

To be fair, this is not a maintenance, a patch or a downtime. This is the server dying and thats different.
    On another note though, you had another 22,5 hours to log in and claim your daily things. You didnt. So its also your fault for waiting until the last minute to claim your VIP things.

I spend those hours at work, sleeping, looking after my family.

I really don't expect to have to rearrange my life to cater for "oh, the server might go down"

Right now, it's 9:30pm. The next hour and a half is all the game time I get for the day, If I don't get my key claim in tonight, I'll likley miss it today as I don't turn my PC on before I leave the house for work in the morning.

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
This discussion has been closed.