test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There are some Mobs that are literally overpowered (This has nothing to do with scaling)

eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User

Can we please look at how much damage 1 pip mobs are doing vs 2 and 3 pip mobs? Something is SERIOUSLY wrong. This has NOTHING to do with scaling.

If you look down this list, I am getting hit for 14k damage by the Malar Savage's with their Claw attack every so often, whereas otherwise they hit me for 700-1500 damage WITH THE SAME CLAW ATTACK. If they're being buffed by something, that's literally a 10x buff. This is crazy and has nothing to do with scaling.

I also have noticed that the Snipers in the first part of Undermountain literally chunk me for 15-20k damage per shot all of the time, no matter what character im on. This, again, has nothing to do with scaling. Something is seriously off with the damage values that some mobs use. Please look into this, this cannot be right.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You might also rethink your tactics with the number of enemies surrounding your fallen form.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    A critical hit with combat advantage. I'm guessing you have very low awareness?

Combat advantage has always been a little hurty, now it is very, very BIG OUCHIES.

I'm guessing the snipers take large numbers off, because... well... it would make sense that snipers have combat advantage by default?
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    You would think that would be the case, but I went and redid it EXACTLY how I did it the first time (Before they shut the server down for 5 minutes) and I killed the mobs without dying.

The reason the mobs were circling me right there was because I shifted on top of my companion and then died, so they are standing on top of my companion and hitting it.

A critical hit with combat advantage. I'm guessing you have very low awareness?

Combat advantage has always been a little hurty, now it is very, very BIG OUCHIES.

I'm guessing the snipers take large numbers off, because... well... it would make sense that snipers have combat advantage by default?

No, that's not it. Combat Advantage cannot turn an attack that does 700-1500 damage into an attack that does 13-15k damage. The math literally doesn't add up. Combat Advantage can, at most, add 90% more damage.

It's not Combat Advantage, it's not Crits (You can literally see that they're getting crits off on the 1400 damage Claw's and the 14000 damage Claw's).
    edited January 2021
    Here are some screenshots a streamer/mentor took. Notice how often these attacks happen, and how much damage those attacks do. Look at the timestamps.

@noworries#8859
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

Can we please look at how much damage 1 pip mobs are doing vs 2 and 3 pip mobs? Something is SERIOUSLY wrong. This has NOTHING to do with scaling.

If you look down this list, I am getting hit for 14k damage by the Malar Savage's with their Claw attack every so often, whereas otherwise they hit me for 700-1500 damage WITH THE SAME CLAW ATTACK. If they're being buffed by something, that's literally a 10x buff. This is crazy and has nothing to do with scaling.

I also have noticed that the Snipers in the first part of Undermountain literally chunk me for 15-20k damage per shot all of the time, no matter what character im on. This, again, has nothing to do with scaling. Something is seriously off with the damage values that some mobs use. Please look into this, this cannot be right.

That looks like about 3 mobs of 5. Looks like your ego is writing checks 'Maverick' couldn't cash.

Word to the wise - In New Sharandar 1 mob at a time. Otherwise you are going to be dead-a-lot.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

That looks like about 3 mobs of 5. Looks like your ego is writing checks 'Maverick' couldn't cash.

Word to the wise - In New Sharandar 1 mob at a time. Otherwise you are going to be dead-a-lot.

That's "Sir Dead-A-Lot" to the peasants.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    At first glance it appears you pulled too much.
  • acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    It shouldn't matter how many ads he pulled since (to the best of my knowledge) CA isn't a multiplier based on the number of ads that have CA on the player. That wouldn't cause the 14k hit.

What would be helpful to know is whether this is WAI or not. We sometimes take for granted that we know all the math going on behind the scenes, but there could very well be a secret RNG death roll the devs snuck in to keep people on their toes. If that were the case, then all is well here, except for the poor adventurer laid out on the ground. :anguished:

Or it could be a bug. Who knows?
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2021

One mob at a time? Where in this game, other than bosses (which now spawn deadly numbers of adds in many places), are there mobs grouped less than 3 at a time?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I believe in this case, Grog is referring to a mob as the small group of critters standing together that activate at the same time. His advice is to not pull more than one of those mobs.

Hey smartass, if you haven't done that instanced quest mission before then I'll forgive you for not knowing that it is impossible not to pull all of those mobs at once. The moment you attack a single mob it hits you for truckloads of damage.

Also, thanks for ignoring the ACT logs I posted just above your post which very clearly show that there is something horrifically wrong with the damage of certain mobs.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I believe one of the devs was in that stream (could have been another) and took notes of a few other enemies that were hitting much harder than seems normal.
    Feel free to report all the ones you find so as to get them fixed (or confirmed WAI, whichever).

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    maybe the ranged hr mobs are dealing unresistable piecing damage to the players .

legacy coding from older mods and pvp/ pve etc
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    This can be anything, even a missclick. Imagine you put 900% instead 90% in Combat advantage damage, or critical severity of that mob. Who knows
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    yea - this needs to go to bug reports, imo :)