test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Economy - Problem of Mount Tokens

First, I would like to point out that there are many ways to obtain both companion tokens and the option for using AD if it is more feasible, which it currently is. Note that companion tokens should be sold by players for a value of below 10k per unit, as they have a competitor that is the game, as this provides the opportunity to upgrade the companion via AD at the previously mentioned price, and this is from the legendary version to mythical the most expensive of the game. Even so these tokens are sold above that. Of course it is a right of the seller to determine the price, and many who do not make basic calculations fall into this trap.

But as the title says, there is a problem in the mount tokens, since this for those who are f2p can only be acquired via AH (I know that they also fall into the baus of dungeons and in some events), and there is no option via AD that would serve as a parameter for these as there is for companion tokens. In my view the same system for companions should be implemented for mounts, even if the seller does the same as what it does with fellow tokens, we would still have a cheaper option since there is clearly inflation in the game due to the amount of AD of bondings and high demand for specific items for character improvement.

Only one option other than AH.

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I was really surprised you can't buy them in the Zen store. My guess, is they want people to open a lot of new lock boxes to get TB to use in the TB store because there is no guarantee how many tokens or TBs you get out of the new lock boxes so there is most likely a higher ROI this way (for them, not us.)
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @autumnwitch said:
    > I was really surprised you can't buy them in the Zen store. My guess, is they want people to open a lot of new lock boxes to get TB to use in the TB store because there is no guarantee how many tokens or TBs you get out of the new lock boxes so there is most likely a higher ROI this way (for them, not us.)

You can buy them in zen store .
    Iirc
    OP is asking for :
    When upgrading a mount , have the option to use mount upgrade tokens or AD .
    As you can upgrade companions with either AD or tokens
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Yup that's why i prioritize getting mount tokens, given the option. like for example with what to use favors on, etc etc.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Another 'speculative' evidence that they don't want to add AD sink. That could be a good AD sink.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Yup that's why i prioritize getting mount tokens, given the option. like for example with what to use favors on, etc etc.

In this last Nightmare event I prioritized the mount tokens. Already on the citadel I always have enough favors to buy everything, even not doing many hunts, since I do the quest of dungeons in my 3 chars.

• milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Mount upgrades like comp upgrades are one of the few AD sinks I would actually use. Right now I'm out of comp upgrade tokens but have AD so I can still upgrade a comp or 2. It would be nice if mounts could be upgraded with AD like comps. They've really screwed the ADX by not having any good(valuable to the players) AD sinks in the game.

I do have vip, and am hording the Forsaken lock box, specifically for the trad bars. There's nothing else that good in the trade bar store IMHO.