test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Crafting update

galdronegaldrone Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hi friends.

The 2020/21 Updated Neverwinter Roadmap indicated that there would be changes to master crafting late March/Early April 2021. Can we get an update on the updated roadmap please so that we know if the projected timeline will be adhered to or if there are further delays? Is there an official forum where I should ask this question to get an official response if this is not the correct venue?

Thank you.

Comments

• powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    It's already been bumped at least once. I don't believe any roadmap has been released since August so ... you do the math. But the professions update that occurred mid-summer was just a blip so I don't have high expectations for masterwork changes. MW needs more than an update, it needs an overhaul to make it relevant. Minor tweaks just won't do much IMO. The RNG on the explorer charts doesn't seem so random to me. Lacquer branches anyone?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I would love some Lacquer Branches, thank you.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I think they are planning to after they release better gear in module 20. Then they will bump up Master Crafting gear just less than the gear they currently release to keep all the professions running in dead last. That way when you complain about selling it in the AH, they shrug and say, "But we raised it up, what more do you want?".

They seem to have done this for a long time;
    • Best Armor - Current Module Dungeon - grind or pay.
    • Medium Armor - Master Crafting
    • Lesser Armor - Seals or Restoration
    I seriously doubt you will ever be top dog on that list. The only reason to bump the professions armor up is to keep it above the seal vendor.

Have a nice day! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
    Good ideas darth. Also the ability to change (or add) the bonus on a piece of gear like "at-will perk" (+3% damage for at-will powers from sentinel of the star's bracers). But the weapons are generally HAMSTER since the real benefit requires you to be in a party with others using the same weapons. That just won't happen unless those weapons are at least competitive.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Crafting (including masterwork) just needs a lot, lot more attention.

My pet peeve is that the size of the Material Satchel is totally unrealistic. It is not large enough to hold even one stack of every material (partly because of regular and +1 versions of crafting materials), which forces crafters to use various inconvenient measures, such as using the mail system as secondary storage, or have alts whose only purpose in life is to hold lesser-used materials for the primary crafter. If the size of the material satchel was increased by 50-70 slots, this inconvenience could be avoided.

I enjoy games with crafting, and NWO basically killing crafting is one reason why I am hoping for an improvement befere another, better game comes along.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I'd think my Artificers could easily make a Trunk or Chest that I can keep in the Workshop to store surplus materials. It would force me to unload things there that I'm only going to use there, but it would be a realistic inventory system compared to a massive materials-only bag that I haul everywhere. Make them bind on pickup if you don't want us selling to others. Or you could tie it to workshop upgrades, or unlock higher level recipes for increased storage.

As it stands now, I can't find any way to increase the Materials inventory. This is increasingly a problem when even high end recipes require you to still have some materials and components from "lower levels" of gathering and crafting (i.e., Hardsteel Ingot requiring Iron Ore, Velvet Cloth requiring Silk Thread, etc.)
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Yes, eladonwarps, I liked.

Being able to craft useful chests for extra storage and not just decorative chests would be a useful goal for mastercraft.

Leather or cloth bags, Runic bags or perhaps not "legendary" but "epic" tier bags.

A Mastercraft boon system is also something I've wanted for a long time.
    If they get rid of the "+1" bit, the inventory problem goes away - as does the problem with MC quests that will only accept the regular version. That concept just wasn't really implemented with a consistent vision of all things related to crafting. Do the MC quests still refer to the old material names? Was that ever fixed? And what about the tools you can craft in MC that still have lower stats than the cobalt ones that any level 80 can craft.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    adinosii said:

My pet peeve is that the size of the Material Satchel is totally unrealistic. It is not large enough to hold even one stack of every material (partly because of regular and +1 versions of crafting materials), which forces crafters to use various inconvenient measures, such as using the mail system as secondary storage, or have alts whose only purpose in life is to hold lesser-used materials for the primary crafter. If the size of the material satchel was increased by 50-70 slots, this inconvenience could be avoided.

I enjoy games with crafting, and NWO basically killing crafting is one reason why I am hoping for an improvement befere another, better game comes along.

Somewhat related, I have suggested tailoring should be able to make bags hold more. For example; 12, 18, 24, and 36 slot bags could be created from items by the tailors. These bags would no longer be sold for Zen, because most players (that I know of) run the larger legendary bags when they buy them for Zen. If the bags +1 they would add a few more slots; 14, 20, 28, and 40.

I have never run short on space in professions but I never worked more than one at a time. The thing that could alleviate, the storage would be allowing guild banks to store profession materials. This would make joining a guild more of an incentive as guild members would have a large "stockpile" to pull from.

In the end, Adinosii we can give them plenty of great advice, and they never seem to take it to heart. It can be posted here in the General Discussion or the CDP, they don't move on any of the good advice. I cannot believe for one minute they don't read our comments but it sure feels like a quick trip of in one ear and out the other.

wb-cenders.gif
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I'd think my Artificers could easily make a Trunk or Chest that I can keep in the Workshop to store surplus materials. It would force me to unload things there that I'm only going to use there, but it would be a realistic inventory system compared to a massive materials-only bag that I haul everywhere. Make them bind on pickup if you don't want us selling to others. Or you could tie it to workshop upgrades, or unlock higher level recipes for increased storage.

As it stands now, I can't find any way to increase the Materials inventory. This is increasingly a problem when even high end recipes require you to still have some materials and components from "lower levels" of gathering and crafting (i.e., Hardsteel Ingot requiring Iron Ore, Velvet Cloth requiring Silk Thread, etc.)

Or a bookshelf.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

adinosii said:

Somewhat related, I have suggested tailoring should be able to make bags hold more. For example; 12, 18, 24, and 36 slot bags could be created from items by the tailors. These bags would no longer be sold for Zen, because most players (that I know of) run the larger legendary bags when they buy them for Zen. If the bags +1 they would add a few more slots; 14, 20, 28, and 40.

I have never run short on space in professions but I never worked more than one at a time. The thing that could alleviate, the storage would be allowing guild banks to store profession materials. This would make joining a guild more of an incentive as guild members would have a large "stockpile" to pull from.

In the end, Adinosii we can give them plenty of great advice, and they never seem to take it to heart. It can be posted here in the General Discussion or the CDP, they don't move on any of the good advice. I cannot believe for one minute they don't read our comments but it sure feels like a quick trip of in one ear and out the other.

I would think that bags of holding would be of leather.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Player 🏠 with upgradeable chest or trunk storage would be lovely.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Well, there could be Workshop Level 5. Cost 15 million or the equivalent to Bugem. Achieving this provides:

The ability to tailor Improved Bags of Holding (42/48 slot +1)
    Storage Chest with 100 x 6 rows of slots
    Delivery Box increased to 42 slots
    Number of active Gatherers increased to 4
    Number of active workbench tasks increased to 6
    Total Number of Artisans increased to 40 (5 per skill including gathering)
    A quest to hire Tess (422/422 -75% comm, +100% speed, dab hand) in addition to Karmala on all characters on an account
    The option to auto-empty the Delivery Box to the Storage Chest when full - at no cost
    The option to set the interface to 'auto-confirm' each operation to eliminate the acknowledgement click from each item produced (80 items/80 clicks not 160)
    Increase Morale to 600/day
    Update the remote interface to view and change the Gathering queue remotely
    Ability to hire Mythical Artisans whose highest Proficiency/Focus plus a level 80 supplement and Cobalt tool is greater than the Master Crafting III minimal 100% success level (guaranteed production/no RNG) - currently that would be.1300-575-70 = 655.

All this because the high price of the level 5 workshop would take much longer to reach than the current one.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Another thing that would help a lot (and has probably been said many times) is the possibility to transfer materials between characters in the same account via shared bank slots. Mailing is just annoying and unnecessary for that intent (unless you're sending things to other players). Also risky to use the mail for that.