test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, Radiants

Anyone decide what to replace all the R15 radiants with yet for DPS? Exchange closes 2/4, correct? I have tested a few options on preview, but am no math guy and cant tell what is working.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Just in case you don't know already, the exchange one will be Bound to Account.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I found that your (offensive) enchants would be the last thing you want to put into your build. They give very little ratings and I believe you would want the offensive enchants to choose what stats you want to "specialize" in.

I didn't find Radiants to be very helpful on most DPS setups I saw. Most of those setups' Power would come from Forte and Dominance insignias, with the remainder filled with set bonuses (Lion Guard Arms/Lightguard Greaves) and/or Sorbet.

Most I saw chose to run 1 Teneberous (for the occasional proc) and then all Assassins, since Combat Advantage/Critical Chance/Accuracy were stats those players chose to specialize in.

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I only exchanged radiants that i got for free. Anyway, they already were bound to account. Not bounded I still use. I think they will be still usefull. For trading or for power cap/health for my tank loadout.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    1. Avoid swapping Radiant enchantments of yours that are unbound. Highly consider trading some and using some.
    2. For me, I am using a combination of Azure (Critical Chance & Defense), and Savage (Critical + Crit Severity), plus Radiants, with Dark on Utility.
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Thanks all. I think I have 3 Bound and 4 Unbound. I am glad that I already had my darks in utility. I really wanted some more time to test, but honestly I barely have time to play let alone test. I will try to see if I can find time to test the Assasin/Savage/Azure builds tonight.

Such a bummer that after all the work to get the R15 radiants, they are now a third class enchant for DPS. I may just move them over to my tank even though I don't play it much anymore.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I moved all my R15 radiants to defense slots and replaced them with triple-stat enchantments I have in storage (I didn't exchange them when all-radiants became the meta). I'm also building assassins and gigantics since they are relatively new and I never had a reason to build them before.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    The amount of stats you get from your enchantments is so pitiful that a well geared player could run rank 9 enchantments and do just fine.

Seeing as how you get scaled down to 40k in any dungeon (lower in some) I dont see the point in running enchantments in your enchantment slots after you hit 40k Item level.

The amount of stats you get from your enchantments is so pitiful that a well geared player could run rank 9 enchantments and do just fine.

Seeing as how you get scaled down to 40k in any dungeon (lower in some) I dont see the point in running enchantments in your enchantment slots after you hit 40k Item level.

Agree. A dps can slot 10 enchantments. If you equip 10x R15 Azure Enchantments, you'd pay about 20 million. For this price tag your Critical Hit rate increases by 3%...., but that amount erodes as you scale down. It's not significant. You literally wouldn't notice if you removed them all. Furthermore, the 300 stat points for one isn't enough to help re-distribute your stats, except for fine-tuning.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    That's one reason I'm using only freebie reward Draconic and Black Ice enchants from random queues I ran before the combat change. To me, the tiny bit extra points I get from triples is better than single stat enchants, and mixing those up in offense and defense slots give me an overall balanced boost to almost everything.

I seem to have a decent time playing Jane of Alltrades this way. No one area gets hit harder than the rest in scaling.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Do the double and triple stat enchantments still provide more total stats than single stat enchants?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

Do the double and triple stat enchantments still provide more total stats than single stat enchants?

all the enchants tive the same amount of stats, but triple enchants allows you to specialize more because they give 3 stats and less combined ratting, so you get less stats you dont want. But still, the difference is so tiny that you wont notice.

Enchants used to be a long time investment, now they are... worse than a major kit.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Enchants used to be a long time investment, now they are... worse than a major kit.

Well, not exactly. A R15 enchant gives a total of 3000 points,,,, a major kit gives what, 800 ?
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Well, not exactly. A R15 enchant gives a total of 3000 points,,,, a major kives what, 800 ?
    880 for +1.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Well, not exactly. A R15 enchant gives a total of 3000 points,,,, a major kives what, 800 ?
    880 in 1 stat you want for 45 IL and 40k AD?
    Versus
    300 in the stat you want and 180 to all the other stats you dont want, raising your IL in 200 (lowering the %s) for 2M AD?

Well we have different concept of "better"
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

adinosii said:

880 in 1 stat you want for 45 IL and 40k AD?
    Versus
    300 in the stat you want and 180 to all the other stats you dont want, raising your IL in 200 (lowering the %s) for 2M AD?

Well we have different concept of "better"
    quoted for truth
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I mostly run rank 9, today I exchanged 3 bondings and 6 empowered for 9 choose your own bags. I then chose 6 indomitable runes and place them at +9% more damage each, a total +54% more damage. The remaining 3 bags were banked for later should the need arise.

And once more, I will remind players who are near level 80; Module 20 Sharandar requires an item level of 40,000 to start their campaigns. However, for the first two weeks from launch, this requirement is off. When you complete the intro mission before February 23rd, you will retain access to Sharandar and be scaled up to 40,000 Item Level when in those zones. After the 23rd you will be out in the cold unless you are both level 80 and 40K item level.

I am running people to Sharandar with the help of my friends. I am not charging for runs to Sharandar, I was able to get there on preview solo play. However if you are experiencing issues with the introduction, be sure to contact me, or get with your guild or friends.

Have a nice day! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Yeah, I have tested a few enchant setups and have decided that they are a lower priority now, so I am not going to worry about it too much. On my test build, the best setup seems to be 4 Dark in utility, 3 Black Ice in defense, 1 Tenebrous in offense, 7 Azure in offense, Heart of Fire in offense, and 1 Gigantic in offense. I am going to take my time getting these slotted on live. Also using Holy Vorpal and Barkshield, just because. For the extra slot I may use a loot enchant, but who knows.

I am trying to decide now what to prioritize. I bumped my Xuna to Mythic, but she is my only Mythic comp. Don't have any Mythic mounts and only 1 collar.
    edited February 2021
    I have 4 top-end characters that I run, and only one set of max items. I am sick of transferring those items every week between each character. It is is a pain to unequip 20 enchantments, 15 insignias, 5 collars, and 3 companion gears, move them all over to shared bank slots, then to your alt... then equip them all. It can be done in 15 minutes of vigorous clicking, costs about 50 gold, and everytime you risk accidentally deleting a piece of your best equipment.

So... going forward, I'll take a 1-3% damage loss, and skip enchantments/insignias. Gonna put 3 of the 5 collars into a permanent storage dumpster. I'll put green insignias on their mounts to keep the mount bonuses running, and leave all stone slots EMPTY. The only thing needed to swap between alts now:

* 2 collars
    * 3 companion gears
    * 1 Armor/Weapon Enchantment
    * 2 rings (with the stones already in them)

For me, this reduces swaping time to 3 minutes, saves 49 gold, reduces risk, and means i don't have to invest in 100 million AD worth of stones.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

a total +54% more damage.

You are aware that it is 54% extra damage to pet only, right?

Bascially 0 * 54% is still 0 ;)

Or more seriously: Cryptic posted pets are intended to do 7% of your dps.. so it probably is a total dps increase of 3.5%-ish.

You might get better dps increase from those 6 runestones by adding stats.

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

You are aware that it is 54% extra damage to pet only, right?

Bascially 0 * 54% is still 0 ;)

Or more seriously: Cryptic posted pets are intended to do 7% of your dps.. so it probably is a total dps increase of 3.5%-ish.

You might get better dps increase from those 6 runestones by adding stats.

Yes I am aware, I do enough damage, my companions really suck at it. This is just my best solution at making them useful. Game mechanics is the least of my issues. Not that any of it really matters, not like I have been playing the dungeons in the last 5 years now. I do like my companions and I am not "in it to win it" but what I came here to do, is long gone now. I plan to help out on the weekends and the rest of my time and money is spent on my new game.

I spent a lot of time on this game in the past, but now I will be a weekend warrior. I plan to assist people, throw a party, but I don't see the so-called new content as "new" or even content. This stuff holds less interest to me than the last module, Avernus that one ran an entire year, it was just a colorization of the Stronghold although the dune buggy was a nice add-on. Where I spent 7 days a week before, it will just be a few hours on the weekends now.

Super Bowl Sunday LV is coming up so this weekend. I image this Sunday, players will be thin.

Have a nice day! :heart:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

You might get better dps increase from those 6 runestones by adding stats. The increase in the companion's DPS more than outweighs the decrease in yours in the long run.
    Not according to my calculations, no. (Assuming you have a decent active DPS companion, that is). Stick with Empowered/Profane/Enigmatic for augments, but Indomitable runestones seem to be the way to go for combat companions.

Hoping for improvements...