test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bilethorn

The only thing that has an effect on both the normal server and the test server is Bilethorn. This situation forces players with only 1 weapon piece. Assasins, warlock, barbarian, archer, fighter, even cleric have to get this stone to be able to shoot. I don't find this logical. Make all things mythical, make all stones rank 14. But if you don't have bilethorn, you can't take any damage you want.

Comments

• Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    #TEAMVORPAL stretching and readying to go full keyboard warrior in 3.. 2.. 1.. ;)
  • Options
    gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Bile better? Yes
    Bile needed? Nope
    You can make any content even with a feytouched enchant
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    A variety of weapon enchants in group content can be a good thing. Many have different debuffs attached to them.

SW hasn't been able to effectively use anything except bilethorn for a long time, this isn't new for this class.

I still run Vorpal on my TR and she kicks HAMSTER! Might do better with something else but can run all content as is without bilethron and still does great damage! And keep in mind, I have R14 Bilethorn and choose not to move it to other toons. I don't feel the need! The few toons I play are between 40k-53k IL and perform well with various weapon enchants. Again bile might be better, but not something that HAS to be in place.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I've run several of the weapon enchantments on 3 characters and get similar results. None of the builds uses fast melee spam, which would favor bilethorn. All of them are within balance. I can't even decide which one is best or worst.

Flaming: 7-10% extra damage (also lowers target deflect severity by 4%)
    Dread: 6-8% extra damage (also lowers target defense by 4%)
    Lightning: 6-12% extra damage
    Bilethorn: 7-11% extra damage (also slows targets)
    Vorpal: 5-9% extra damage* (adds to standard damage, which helps proc %damage effects)

* estimated

NOTE: I have not run Plaguefire... but it sounds underpowered.
This discussion has been closed.