test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Bug?

anonturtlelover#0658 anonturtlelover Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
I did submit a ticket and was told to make a post here in the forum for reference and for anyone else who has experienced this to share any fixes or similar issues.
I recently started a new account after having played from years ago, I got my companion, a man at arms healer. Was leveling him up and got him to lvl 10 as well as unlocking him to Acolyte status. However after logging out and quitting the game, then reopening next day, my companion was back to neophyte status and since has not changed back. His level seems to still be 10 from what I'm seeing but have not gotten any way of bringing him back to Acolyte or even sending him out for training again.

Comments

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Since you posted in the PC forum I'm assuming that you play on PC. Companions don't have levels anymore since the combat rework dropped. The different looks what you are refering to as alcolyte and neophyte are just visual effects and don't change the stats of the companion or how he behaves. They are now unlocked when you upgrade the companion to the next rarity using astral diamonds or companion upgrade token.
  • was this done recently then? Because I never spent any diamond to change his appearance, he automatically went to Acolyte. But then was reverted back after logging in again
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    there is a check box for the appearance of companions. it may be defaulting to have the "use newest skin" checked every time you login.
  • I have noticed the check box. so if I uncheck it do you think that might do something? Cuz everything else shows locked besides the neophyte option
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2021

I have noticed the check box. so if I uncheck it do you think that might do something? Cuz everything else shows locked besides the neophyte option

The checkbox will not help you. Your companion is 'white'. It has only one appearance. Unless you upgrade him to green, you won't see Acolyte. There is no more training after recent change.

white has one appearance.
    green has two appearances.
    blue has three appearances.
    purple and after has four appearances.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Ok everything all makes sense now. Thank you everyone :)