test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patching problem

lobo#0863 lobo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Hello everyone!
Don't get me wrong, Neverwinter is a great game, but their patching system is terrible!
After recent updates, I started to have major issues with game performance, FPS went down to 4 or sometimes less, so I have searched for a solution to this problem, but could find nothing all over the internet. Then I have decided to reinstall the game. After downloading about 15%, my internet connection went down for a minute and after I fixed it, game download started all over again!!! It took GB from my limited internet already, so why this kind of data doesn't get stored somewhere on the hard drive? And I wasted an hour waiting for download, so I can start all over again... NEAT! In most games you can continue download from where you stopped, but not here... Why is that happening and will it be fixed?
And why is there no "repair tool" available for players with issues like mine? Many popular games have it, so why not Neverwinter? That would help and prevent players from being forced to reinstall the game each time something goes wrong...
I hope someone from the company will see my post and move some cogs in the machine, to make it perform better, cause I am pretty sure there is many other people with problems like mine.
Kind regards!

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    When it restarts downloading it restarts where it was in its download, so it does store it on your hard drive. They used to have a repair tool that could fix problems, but you can also use the "force verify" option from the launcher to fix issues.
  • lobo#0863 lobo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @rickcase276 Thank you for explaining, my friend! You made me feel safer about the download. I am still waiting for it to finish, biting my fingernails and praying, that my internet will not glitch again xD