test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Bugs/Issues/problems/Inconsistencies

Hellish Rebuke ( without No Pity No Mercy)
Triggers Bilethorn twice
Triggers Deadly Curse Twice
The second (extra) tick of bilethorns delayed effect is also triggering deadly curse+curse

Hand of Blight (melee)
Triggers Deadly Curse twice

Vampiric Embrace
Magnitude was not increased with new combat changes.
I think the generic increase across the board was 30%, so its magnitude should be 350-360

Arms of Hadar
The CD is so short once you reach 5 stacks the CD is only 10 seconds, where as the reset time is 15seconds, so unless you actively wait for the debuff to drop the CD increase stacks will never drop off/reset

Blades of the Vanquished Armies
Each tick Triggers bilethorns delayed damage, where as Hellfire Ring and Hadars Grasp do not

Dread Theft
Only Generates Action points for the 0.55 second cast time, While at the same time locking all other actions for 6 seconds preventing action points being generated during those 6 seconds
Each tick Triggers bilethorns delayed damage, where as Hellfire Ring and Hadars Grasp do not
Curse Synergy is rubbish

Fiery Bolt
Triggers bilethorn twice
Triggers Deadly Curse twice
The second (extra) tick of bilethorns delayed effect is also triggering deadly curse+curse

Curse Bite
Does not trigger a weapon enchants generic 8% extra damage
Sometimes still consume 2 charges at once

Hellfire Ring
Only triggers Bile Thorn on the initial hit
The DoT does not trigger either the bilethorn proc or the 8% extra damage
Cast time can be reduced below the duration, but only 1 hellfire ring can be active at once and the new one removed the first
Each tick of hellfire triggers Power of the Nine Hells.

Brood of Hadar
Miss leading tooltip, initial hit does 400 magnitude not 1600, total damage is 1600
Does not trigger weapon enchants 8% bonus damage but does trigger 1 bilethorn proc

Flames of Phlegethos
Does not trigger bilethorns delayed damage
Only triggers the 8% extra enchant damage on the primary target, not the AoE

Tyrannical Curse
The Split damage Still does not scale properly with the casters stats. it is not 15% of the damage done to the primary target

Soul Scorch
Seems to be classified as a "mechanic" not a power and thus does not trigger anything tied to powers, only "damage"
Does not benefit from from enchantments
Does not benefit from Risky Investment
Does not benefit from Executioners Gift
Does not apply curse when using Power of the Nine Hells

DOES trigger Blood lust ( which is supposed to be encounters only)

These are the things ive found, there is probably more

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Issues

AoE is very strong, perhaps too strong in some cases, although they do have there negatives as well, But an AoE should never be more effective against a single target than a single target ability

Hadars Grasp is awful, you cannot use the excuse that its a control power since it functions just the same as Entangling force which does nearly double the damage AND can be buffed to give longer control and there CDs are very similar
Same with Vampiric embrace, the damage is awful for a single target ability, IF the Double healing is the problem from the curse consume then remove it, we dont need it, Id much prefer it deal 50% more damage and summon a puppet than heal me for double the damage.

No Single target daily, they are all AoE hybrids, or pure AoE. Bite the bullet and just remove the AoE portion of Tyrannical Curse and up its initial magnitude. It hasnt worked properly since Pre Mod 16 anyway

The extra damage triggered from bilethorn and deadly curse under certain circumstances is really hurting the class overall, giving 1 VERY specific build a 10-12% damage advantage though Bugs/Inconsistences give a false impression on how well warlock is performing in reality.

SO if you ever actually get round to fixing this HAMSTER, take that into account and add that 10-12% damage back in elsewhere if you think warlock is in a decent spot currently

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I would like to add power queueing to this list. Hellfire Ring has about a 50/50 chance of actually firing and not being canceled. Lots of times it doesnt' trigger despite being the only encounter I'm trying to use. Maybe it's canceling itself? It's def being canceled by other things.

If your standing at a dummy pressing it once at a time you'll not reproduce this but use it in combat and see if you notice!
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Bilethorn is working as intended.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Many of the things you posted are infact working as intended, you need to understand tooltips and combat interactions better, then and only then you realize half of the "bugs" you posted are infact not bugs. Why do you think no pity removes the 2nd proc? Your removing the DOT portion of HR therefore removing a "hit" and losing a bilethorn proc. Same with your BOVA statement its always interacted as separate hits that's why it got reduced from 12 hits to 3 to better balance its weapon enchant procs, hellfire ring has always counted as a "dot" and dots never should multi proc enchants. Also hadars grasp is BIS for single target and DOES proc bilethorn multiple times(the % damage portion) and has a smooth cast rate to allow for more atwills (giving it its spot as BIS for st) this whole post is basically untested rage and not a valid representation of a warlocks postion at all
    Post edited by xavior44 on
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Nice of you to contradict yourself twice in one paragraph and be wrong all at the same time.

" Your removing the DOT portion of HR therefore removing a "hit" and losing a bilethorn proc."

"hellfire ring has always counted as a "dot" and dots never should multi proc enchants"

"hadars grasp is BIS for single target and DOES proc bilethorn multiple times"

Sooo....... which is it, do DoTs trigger weapon enchants or not?
    If the DoT from Hellish rebuke triggers bilethorn, why not from hellfire ring?
    If Each tick of Hadars triggers bilethorn then why doesnt each tick of Hellish rebuke?
    Why does each tick of of dreadtheft trigger bilethorn, each tick is separate and each can crit/non crit independently Just like hellfire ring?
    Is BOVA damage over time or not?
    Why is fiery bolt causing bilethorn to trigger twice? its only got one function? No Dot "hit" no added effects that might be causing it to trigger twice.

Heres a nice picture of you being wrong about Hadars Grasp, 4 ticks of Hadars, and only 1 bilethorn explosion
    https://ibb.co/QQ9q2cs

Heres a nice picture of Fiery bolt triggering 2 bilethorn explosions that doesnt fit into your "working as intended please dont fix broken stuff that benefits me narrative"
    https://ibb.co/bsqNKtD

Makes me a bit sad honestly that you can be so inconsistent on a post ABOUT warlock inconsistencies and still Act like gods gift to warlocks

• xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Your screenshot show exactly what i said lol i dont get where your going with that but sure and your lack of interaction understanding is truly relevant. "Dots" should not proc weapon enchants other then the first hit of the spell like any dot has interacted since day one and should always proc the % bonus damage per tic . I did not say a thing about fiery bolt so idk whats your going on about there? Hover over a spell and see if it says "dot" :) Just because a spell has separate ticks dont not classify it as a "dot" aka bova dread etc, where hellfire ring has a "dot" portion of damage. I regards to gods gift the numbers dont lie ;) last i checked you were 22% behind me, thats boarderline godlike.. in comparison. I do agree bilethorn has some interaction issues but lets not nerf the class because the enchantment has issues(which it does for most classes one way or another)
    Not really, my screen shot shows that each tick of Hadars its dealing an extra 8% damage as poison damage, But only procs bilethorn once which is exactly what it should do, for every daily/at will/encounter

It does not "proc" bilethorn multiple times which is what you said it did

Cute that you avoided the whole fiery bolt also triggering 2 bilethorns i guess thats working as intended then.
    oh so now its only the first tick of DoTs that should trigger enchants. OK, so wheres the tick from hellfire rings DoT?

Exactly what the post was about in the first place, inconsistencies
    BoVA clearly says deals physical Damage over Time
    Dread theft doesnt
    Hellfire ring and hellish rebuke both say added effect DoT, yet they function differently
    Hadars functions as a DoT yet theres no mention of it in the tooltip.
    So ye i stand by my point about inconsistency

Though I am interested to know how you would know how far behind you I am or not, since we dont play together
  • onethree13#1845 onethree13 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hopefully all of this things gets fixed because it introduces disbalance in an already disbalanced game.