test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barbarian need a rework on his class features

aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
Hellow everyone!
First of all,i want to say thanks to the developersteam for the hard work they are doing, trying to meet deadlines and more.
today I want to tell you about the Blade Master Barbarian, one of my main characters.

I worked a lot on this class, trying to reach 90% offenisve stat, just like ALL other classes are doing. But there is an underlying problem.

The barbarian, before the COMBATREWORK, was a class that:
- it pushed everything on Critical severity, also thanks to the absence of slots for offensive companions like raptor+deepcrow (remember that the barb had 1 offendive slot, 1 utility and 3 defense).
- the lack of useful class feats was compensated by 2 unique class feats that guaranteed 25% crit severity and the other 2 managed them according to the situation (I refer to steel blitz and trample the fallen).

With the combat rework the barbarian had put critical severity in the forte, helping to increase even more the contribution in % of this stat.

I gave it a try, removing pretty much anything that gives me Critical severity, and yet the stat remains pretty much capped like in the screen!

Consider we have also 10%crit severity when we open battlerage.

It is very difficult to capping for example the other stat as a combat advantage, or critical chance.
you have two opportunities to cap these stats: either you become a Gith, and therefore have 5% CA (excluding the critical cap) or you become a wood elf and have 5% crit chance (and exclude 5% ca).

another solution COULD come from our class feats, but unlike the other classes we do NOT have any class feats that give us a contribution to reach that much desired 90%. none of them make a major contribution to our stat % like many classes have.

Also, all class feats are pretty much the same, and using one or another, DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE in terms of damage. I tested each class feat both on dummy and trials, and i showed u here.

STEEL BLITZ + IMPATIENCE

STEEL BLITZ +RAGING STRIKES

STEEL BLITZ+ STEADY RAGE

STEEL BLITZ+TRAMPLE THE FALLEN : this seems the best configuration to increase our dmg using our class feat, but need to change all the rotation

I ran a lot of times with a barbarian in my guild. we have the same build and the only difference are 1000 IL. we did a trials, and used differents class feat and how can u see the really difference depends on IL, and not on our class feat.

so my feedback, and what i suggest, is to totally change some class feat of this paraghorn, in this:(how they are currenty in live -> what i would)
-BARBED STRIKE: adds 2.5% critical severity -> adds 10% Combat Advantage
-STEADY RAGE: generate rage over time while in combat -> generate DOUBLE RAGE when u hit with at wills powers
-RAGING STRIKES: rage increase the damage your attaccks deal, up to a maximum of 5%. -> When u open ur rage u gain 5% dmg
-IMPATIENCE: generate an escalting amount of Rage, over time whenever you are in combat, up to a maximum of 5 Rage per second. Effect resets whenever you attack an enemy. -> adds 10% crit chance

that's all!
I hope you can take a look at this feedback from me and that you can make some changes to help this class.
Thank you in advance

AsteR

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
Official Content Creator
Wizard Reworker
Tagged:

Comments

• bonforte92#5276 bonforte92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It's a very good ideas. This class Need rework on his class feature. It's very impossibile to cap stats as CA and critical chance, while some stats like power and sev crit are pretty much basic without any kind of equip. Look this post and get some ideas.

Rocco U Killer
  • barbiefortinha#5895 barbiefortinha Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I agree! It is very difficult for the barbarian to reach the caps.
  • marek276343marek276343 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I agree, imo instead of crirtical severity rage should add 10% accuracy, in tabletop when barbarian enters rage it's easier for them to hit enemies, but there is also a one major problem: Overpenetration Feat, when you have capped power and accuracy rating, your damage increases by 5%, it's great and all, but considering that you have to cap power and accuracy rating, it's pretty luclaster, for example, if i want to increase power i can wear 7,5k power boots from avernus, or just use alpha compy or deepcrow to get the same ammount of percentage, but by picking this feat i am forced to play with those boots or TiC gloves, which greatly limist my choice of equipement, provided there were more diverse choice of stats from equipent it wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands now, i have to use certain items or can't fully utilize my class mechanicks, which is sad because it limist my build crafting options.
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User

I agree, imo instead of crirtical severity rage should add 10% accuracy, in tabletop when barbarian enters rage it's easier for them to hit enemies, but there is also a one major problem: Overpenetration Feat, when you have capped power and accuracy rating, your damage increases by 5%, it's great and all, but considering that you have to cap power and accuracy rating, it's pretty luclaster, for example, if i want to increase power i can wear 7,5k power boots from avernus, or just use alpha compy or deepcrow to get the same ammount of percentage, but by picking this feat i am forced to play with those boots or TiC gloves, which greatly limist my choice of equipement, provided there were more diverse choice of stats from equipent it wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands now, i have to use certain items or can't fully utilize my class mechanicks, which is sad because it limist my build crafting options.

u dont neeed these equipe.. i capping power and accuracy rating and i have iron leggins and ebony shirt

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    First the class is very decent and in my opinion it does whether it is CA or ACC in Barbed Strikes since I will not use it, because the only Class Future left would continue to be better. If this exchange is in Skill for CA, I'd like it more.

In your rotation with ToF you are ultilizing Punishing Charge that has a very high CD, I suggest to exchange for Not So Fast and ultilizar the Feat that enhances this encounter.The rotation would be: Relenthless Slash + Not So Fast + Bloodletter + Frenzy >>> Rage and Brash Strike. Something that would greatly improve the class is that Rage is consumed very fast if you use Brash Strike and this should be removed.

Something I've used a lot is to swap companion enhancement power from Acute Senses (when in Dungeons) to Perfect Vision (solo farm), only a tip.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Capping all stats on barbarian DPS is impossible right now, I find it unfair when other classes can do it easily.

Also barbarian desperately needs a rework on class features and FEATS for the longest time, but you are still ignoring it and made barbed strike a completely useless class feature, another one to add to the list

@noworries#8859
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Barbed Strikes class feature needs to be looked at in my opinion aswell. 2.5% is so small, and crit sev is already too easy to cap because potions are not adjusted to the combat change, and ribcage gives 12.5% crit sev aswell. With having crit sev forte, plus from our Battlerage giving 10% crit sev, we absolutely need 0 crit sev to invest.
    -Barbed Strikes could be changed to extra critical strike chance with an higher percentage.

Both Steady Rage and Impatience do not work during Battlerage, so they are awful to use. And Impatience has literally the worst design in the game. "Giving rage while we are not attacking". So to use this class feature, we need to be out of Battlerage + we should stop attacking. Makes absolutely no sense, because we can simply build rage much easier by using Encounters and Atwills. And they already have a very similar design. They both need to be changed I think.

-Steady Rage could be changed into increasing our max Rage amount to 125 from 100 maybe. Clerics have a similar class feature, so I do not think it would be hard to implement. This way we could get more Rage and potentially have longer duration of Battlerage/Unstoppable.

-Impatience could be changed to, allowing our Encounters to build Rage even during Battlerage. Normally, we use Encounters out of Battlerage to build Rage again to maximize our Battlerage duration. With this upgrade, instead of waiting for Battlerage to end to use Encounters, we can just use them. It would potentially give different playstyles and rotations. Would be a really exciting class feature in my opinion.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Another important factor to note is about the Savage Advance used in the tests, this power I believe has lost its effectiveness to single target in Daily Power, since there is now a roof over critical severity and that unique and monstrous damage should no longer be achieved. I believe that's why Crescendo got a buff.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Oh would you see that thread I was saying babarian is in bad spot on preview and everyone was like no it is good

Some changes that don't make sense like why overpenetration nerfed and bloodletter not buffed like rest of encounters

I kept saying either remove crit severity potions or give us the ability to select forte but no cryptic doesnt listen

Also for screenshot using watermelon sorbet and crit sev potions does not sit right with me to balance stats when cryptic did not confirm what potions are remaining for me to finalize my build and companion choices

Using trample the fallen and steel blitz is absolutely correct only viable option right now for barbarian

Other loadouts are lackluster

Took people 1 month to report barbarian got hit bad and some of its mechanics are incorrectly adjusted from old system to new one

Note: I understand it is in better spot to other classes but it got hit along with these other classes
    Post edited by rosh#3730 on