test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why are paladins fd after this update?

nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
for solo content, the lack of power from forte reduced so much damage output
invest in power so you can heal too? yeah, no, healing is not good enough, invest in outgoing heals too! and no more for soloing
even my all-purple, outdated geared fighter do more damage just because of the power forte, awareness for oathkeeper? really?
invest in defense so you can tank properly? sure, but doesnt help in soloing (if only aura of vengeance actually does any damage at all that scales with your defense)

my point is, to finish solo content now, we need to invest more than other class that has an actual dps paragon, wtf is with that?
this update is a mess but workable, but a god damned nerf on paladins, dps paragons/class will just invest in power and do well in any content, but i think paladins will have to take an extra hundred mile to do the same

would be nice if i could change class OR ramp up blessed wanderer bonus to 50% OR i never run out of divinity while killing one mob OR just change oathkeeper's awareness forte to power or would that make me top dps while trying to heal? you already nerfed chicken, no more dps for us

yeah, i know this will fall on deaf ears, but for TLDR, if you're just starting, wanna heal? go cleric, wanna tank? go fighter/barb, want to do both? dont play paladin

edit: forgot to mention blessed wanderer because it gives so little damage boost, it might not even contribute to soloing at all
Post edited by nukaze#1578 on

Comments

• akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Are you soloing as Justicar? Try Oathkeeper, that one feat makes smite and bane so cheap that you can spam them without fearing running out of divinity. It still feels like work, but it less annoying than killing everything with at-wills.

And yes, paladins need dps paragon path but I guess we never get it.
  • cisticolacisticola Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I can survive ok, but I just cannot get damage. Playing Oathkeeper.

Admittedly, before the change the stats were just numbers to me, but I could see quite clearly what changed if I swap things out, and could guesstimate what was appropriate stats for my level. Now, it's "huh?"...Stats are roughly under or over 50%, I cannot see any real change to what I am doing?

I am aware most of the damage should be radiant, but it's just not working for me.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Baneful Strikes, Divine Pursuit and the recharge from blocking make Justicar easy to keep up divinity. The only thing that I feel nerfed in on my Pallies since the the rework was the nerf to Barbarian's Revelry.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nukaze#1578 nukaze Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Are you soloing as Justicar? Try Oathkeeper, that one feat makes smite and bane so cheap that you can spam them without fearing running out of divinity. It still feels like work, but it less annoying than killing everything with at-wills.

And yes, paladins need dps paragon path but I guess we never get it.

yeah ive been using the oathkeeper to solo, but like i said, the lack of forte seems like the culprit, i think all other class have a dps paragon even clerics and they get to have free 25% power on 'other contribution' making them good for soloing without resorting to companion skills/insignias, now i got my power to 65% and its still lacking and just ridiculous, normal mobs can be done with some ease but a simple minor heroic on vallenhas are a pain for me now compared to back then before the rework