test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

enchantment stats - bugged or intended?

artemisia6artemisia6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I've had multiple people in game tell me that r15 enchantments are going to get buffed in an upcoming patch because currently they give half the stats that legendary insignia give despite being so much more expensive to upgrade. Is this actually true, or just a rumor/wishful thinking? With how frequently things have been changing post-rework, I'd love some confirmation on this either way from a dev, since I've got less than a week left to figure out which enchantments I want before the exchange disappears. I've only been playing a few months, and thus have enough invested in my characters to feel the pain of these changes, but too few resources to just soak the cost of making the wrong choice.

Comments

• skeletalfrog#7773 skeletalfrog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    curious about this as well....as it stands, the only reason to have r15 enchants slotted is really only for Ilvl as the stats on r15s do very little to change my actual stat percentages
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    yeah, it seems to me, that enchantments should have less combined rating and more feature stats. The whole point of an enchantment is to balance stats. The way we have it now... if a DPS player slots 10x r15 Azure enchantments in offense slots... they gain 3% Critical Hit chance for a price tag of 20 million AD. The gain is negligible, so why have them at all? Why not just give characters an enchanted purse instead... you gain 1 combined rating point for per 10,000 AD in your enchanted purse (maximum capacity: 20 million AD). Sounds terrible right?.... its not much different than Enchantments. At least a single source would be easier to swap between alts.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I've had multiple people in game tell me that r15 enchantments are going to get buffed in an upcoming patch because currently they give half the stats...

Uh, sorry, but that's not correct. Legendary insignia and R15 enchants give the exact same number of stats (3000) - which is why they are both IL 200.

Hoping for improvements...
  • artemisia6artemisia6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I've had multiple people in game tell me that r15 enchantments are going to get buffed in an upcoming patch because currently they give half the stats...

Uh, sorry, but that's not correct. Legendary insignia and R15 enchants give the exact same number of stats (3000) - which is why they are both IL 200.

A single stat r15 enchant gives 300 to one stat, 180 CR, and 200 IL. A single legendary insignia gives 300 to two stats, 160 CR, and 200 IL. It's not double the value to each stat, but double value overall, unless you want to argue that the extra 20 CR on the r15 is worth the 300 in the other stat on the insignia? And, frankly, even if they were equal, that would still leave me confused because the costs of upgrading each are so vastly different.
  • samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2021
  • artemisia6artemisia6 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2021

adinosii said:

A single stat r15 enchant gives 300 to one stat, 180 CR, and 200 IL. A single legendary insignia gives 300 to two stats, 160 CR, and 200 IL. It's not double the value to each stat, but double value overall, unless you want to argue that the extra 20 CR on the r15 is worth the 300 in the other stat on the insignia? And, frankly, even if they were equal, that would still leave me confused because the costs of upgrading each are so vastly different.
    That is exactly correct

R15 Enchant

180 CR x 15 = 2700 + 300 (from 1 stat) = 3000

Legendary Insignia

160 CR x 15 = 2400 + 600 (from 2 stats) = 3000

Both with 200 Item Level
    ok, so they give equal stats. That does explain why they have equal IL, but why is one so much more difficult to refine?
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Shouldnt that be
    180 CR x 15 = 2700 + (300 x 15) = 7200

160 CR x 15 = 2400 + (600 x 15) = 11400
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I would imagine intended
    mod 21 that abilitly to take enchantments to R20
    But you need special ingredients only available through zen store
    after all got to keep people spending zen
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

I would imagine intended

Let's hope they don't go that route (which I honestly doubt). Runes of Magic went that way and look at the game now. The devs over there turned into miserly greedheads and the game is essentially dead.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I would imagine intended

Let's hope they don't go that route (which I honestly doubt). Runes of Magic went that way and look at the game now. The devs over there turned into miserly greedheads and the game is essentially dead.
    this entire combat rework was a massive cash grab only from cryptic
    after mod 16 and this you honestly think cryptic wouldnt do it?

• maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User

I would imagine intended

Doesn't really matter since there is no reason to upgrade enchants any more.