test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why do you need a vorpal

miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited February 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
With these changes, when there is a certain limit on the characteristics of a character, Vorpal has become a completely useless enchantment. Previously, you made an enchantment exchange, and it was the best for a healer, but now this Vorpal Enchantment will lie as a dead weight in your inventory, because you can't even sell it. Tell me why is it needed now?

I will not lag behind until I receive a constructive answer to the question of why it is needed now. Or until the moment when they give the opportunity to exchange it for another enchantment.

Mod note: Removed ALL CAPS, please don't yell. Thanks! :)
Post edited by zebular on
Tagged:

Comments

• bluecoder#3448 bluecoder Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No, just no
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    What is wrong with Crit + Crit Sev? It still is the best weapon enchant for healers, even some DPS will use it now. Maybe you want to think it is useless but if you understand the new combat system you would notice that is pretty valuable.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

What is wrong with Crit + Crit Sev? It still is the best weapon enchant for healers, even some DPS will use it now. Maybe you want to think it is useless but if you understand the new combat system you would notice that is pretty valuable.

Critical severity is too easy to obtain now. That is the main issue. Those stats are often wasted from the vorpal enchant.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Crit+Crit Sev easy to dial up to the maximum value. Now in the game there are many items of equipment that give Crit, especially since there are potions for Crit in the game. Just throw Vorpal in the trash...

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    to be fair i still use vorpal on my dps because i do use the crit sev and more importantly crit strike it gives
    mind you if there was an weapon enchantment exchange it would be gone 5 mins after it opened
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

^^ THIS ^^

It's a great enchantment for pre end game. Gives % to crit and crit sev allowing you to raise others until your closer to end game. And the finish line for end game just changed. Many who were there, are no longer there.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

hastati96 said:

^^ THIS ^^

It's a great enchantment for pre end game. Gives % to crit and crit sev allowing you to raise others until your closer to end game. And the finish line for end game just changed. Many who were there, are no longer there.
    It would be better to immediately buy a better enchantment than Vorpal. If you want to be stronger, you will reach the limit of the necessary characteristics even without Vorpal
    But you won't be stronger if you can't reach high %'s of stats and vorpal is a great way to raise them while going for end game. Why choose bilethorn before end game? It will raise your item level, require you to get more stats you might not be able to get and it offers nothing to help capping your stats.

Inflated IL hurts now. Do you have collars? They are another example of this.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    it is still bis for Healers

Also I will say this weapon enchants are super bugged especially bilethorn the whole server knows this already and equipping it

so when they decide to fix it , weapon enchant choices for players will change and vorpal could be decent choice for dps that are not endgamers

My advice to you as player try to get all the weapon enchants so when they change the meta for weapon enchants all you have to do is change the weapon enchant on your weapon

They always do this every now and then they make an enchant overpowers other enchants

In Open beta was lightning, after that became vorpal , at some point it was feytouched

So it pretty easy to understand that devs like to rotate the weapon enchants neglected by player base
    Post edited by rosh#3730 on
  • baldaroth#4334 baldaroth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi all. I had Lightning Enchantment r10, sold him, then bought Vorpal r12. Only what i can say is Vorpal is way much better then Lightning.
    The Vorpal enchantment is going to be a great thing to have for anyone who doesn't have their hunt gear from Avernus yet. Let's you take the crit + crit sev from the vorpal instead of using an extra pet for those %s. Now you can use a combat advantage pet in it's place bringing up CA. There is no reversal of this, there is no enchant that gives CA allowing the focus on crit/sev pets.

My main has hunt chest/helms, no longer needs vorpal. But I have a 48K TR who does not have the chest piece from T3 hunts. Her new best friend is her sweet sweet vorpal so I can squeeze some more CA out of her without using a crit/crit sev pet.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @reg1981 said:
    > The Vorpal enchantment is going to be a great thing to have for anyone who doesn't have their hunt gear from Avernus yet. Let's you take the crit + crit sev from the vorpal instead of using an extra pet for those %s. Now you can use a combat advantage pet in it's place bringing up CA. There is no reversal of this, there is no enchant that gives CA allowing the focus on crit/sev pets.
    >
    > My main has hunt chest/helms, no longer needs vorpal. But I have a 48K TR who does not have the chest piece from T3 hunts. Her new best friend is her sweet sweet vorpal so I can squeeze some more CA out of her without using a crit/crit sev pet.

Assassin enchantament give CA as well as Tactical

> @reg1981 said:

> The Vorpal enchantment is going to be a great thing to have for anyone who doesn't have their hunt gear from Avernus yet. Let's you take the crit + crit sev from the vorpal instead of using an extra pet for those %s. Now you can use a combat advantage pet in it's place bringing up CA. There is no reversal of this, there is no enchant that gives CA allowing the focus on crit/sev pets.

>

> My main has hunt chest/helms, no longer needs vorpal. But I have a 48K TR who does not have the chest piece from T3 hunts. Her new best friend is her sweet sweet vorpal so I can squeeze some more CA out of her without using a crit/crit sev pet.

Assassin enchantament give CA as well as Tactical

Stat yes, % based other contribution like vorpal.. No.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Vorpal isnt a bad enchantment, its just not fitting into your build and thats why you are unhappy.
    It will defiantly sell, maybe just not for as much as you would like it too which is fair.

However, weapon enchantments are a big big expense, and if you have one that gives Crit and crit severity maybe try tweaking your build a little bit to play around your vorpal as it may be cheaper to change a piece of gear or the food buff that you are running that it would be to change your weapon enchantment.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

hastati96 said:

Crit+Crit Sev easy to dial up to the maximum value. Now in the game there are many items of equipment that give Crit, especially since there are potions for Crit in the game. Just throw Vorpal in the trash...

I would love to see how a class where forte does not contribute to crit or crit severity reaches 90% "easily". Care to share your knowledge?
  • drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2021

I would love to see how a class where forte does not contribute to crit or crit severity reaches 90% "easily". Care to share your knowledge?

You can get up to 30% crit sev from a combo of:

* Superior Flask of Potency (7.5%)
    * Wild Storm Elixir (10%)
    * Ribcage chest piece (12.5%, with 5 stacks procced)

You can get up to 22.5% crit strike from a combo of:

* Goristro's Horns helmet (10%, with 10 stacks procced)

It's crit severity in particular that is easier, because of the way potions are and current gear. You can get away with lower rating on it because of the 30% bonus combo above.

I think it's a result of the fact that previously, crit sev was one of the very few % based stats you could focus on and so potions revolved around it. I'd expect the potion range to be widened in time, which will put other stats on a more level playing field. I think it would be fair if each stat had a potion that could temporarily increase its value by up to 10%. Getting 17.5% is too much and is part of the reason it's possible to max out 4 of the 5 offensive stats already.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think counting ribcage and goristro helm as if you have +22,5% critical strike is just lying to yourself.

In the run, mobs die so fast that you wont even have 2 stacks. Only in bosses that have large pools of hp (ToMM, Zariel and maybe 3 dungeons) you can make use of this bonus, and not all classes can maintain 5 / 10 stacks on a sustained basis.

And potions arent infinite, they have a cost. I know most of them are very cheap, but some people make their build with 10% less power assuming they will allways use a watermelon sorbet, and not everyone can afford this for every run.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

You can get up to 30% crit sev from a combo of:

* Superior Flask of Potency (7.5%)
    * Wild Storm Elixir (10%)

You can get up to 22.5% crit strike from a combo of:

* Goristro's Horns helmet (10%, with 10 stacks procced)

It's crit severity in particular that is easier, because of the way potions are and current gear. You can get away with lower rating on it because of the 30% bonus combo above.

I think it's a result of the fact that previously, crit sev was one of the very few % based stats you could focus on and so potions revolved around it. I'd expect the potion range to be widened in time, which will put other stats on a more level playing field. I think it would be fair if each stat had a potion that could temporarily increase its value by up to 10%. Getting 17.5% is too much and is part of the reason it's possible to max out 4 of the 5 offensive stats already.

I didn't claim that it was impossible, but "easily" was the keyword. The ribcage alone is far from being obtained easily.

Additional 22.5% for crit means that you have to bring it to 67.5% without the mentioned items in order to reach the max of 90%. Without forte contributing to crit, I'd say this is nearly impossible. And if it is done, for sure it's not easily done.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    rosh#3730 said:

it is still bis for Healers

Also I will say this weapon enchants are super bugged especially bilethorn the whole server knows this already and equipping it

so when they decide to fix it , weapon enchant choices for players will change and vorpal could be decent choice for dps that are not endgamers

My advice to you as player try to get all the weapon enchants so when they change the meta for weapon enchants all you have to do is change the weapon enchant on your weapon

They always do this every now and then they make an enchant overpowers other enchants

In Open beta was lightning, after that became vorpal , at some point it was feytouched

So it pretty easy to understand that devs like to rotate the weapon enchants neglected by player base

Exactly this. If you have a weapon enchant above level 12, hang onto it unless you are selling off assets in prep to leave the game. You never know what the next nerf hammer will do to weapon and armor enchants in general.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I use it because it's what I could find and found nothing in loot to replace it.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!