test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hellfire Ring casting

silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
Warlock's primarily use Hellfire Ring against mobs to apply a curse on the enemy.
Quite a few enemies can see and engage the player within the Hellfire Ring cast range. These enemies can also close the distance quickly towards the player resulting in Hellfire Ring being cast at the location where the mob used to be and hitting no enemies.

To combat this issue, I'd suggest a change to Hellfire Ring's casting by one or more of the following:

* Reduce the cast time
* Increase the cast radius
* Bring forward the actual time within the cast process when the Hellfire Ring actually appears and applies the curse.

This would make the power a little more player friendly.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    dopetea#9478 dopetea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The cast is really long and annoying, I use it in any battle, because this skill, unfortunately, has no competition due to the curse stacks. I don't like it
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Warlocks still need a lot of improvement from devs in single target damage. aside from hg not properly stacking si consistently, bovas awful targeting mechanic, and hfr sluggishness. Some encounters didn't get increase magnitudes on mod drop. Overall single target damage is still lackluster and trailing behind arbiters, trs, and hrs by quite a bit in trials and dungeons.

With bis gear and 51k+ il, (90% power, crit, critsev, and ca) Only 2 powers will proc any bonus requiring 10% of hp in damage kf and ve, but ve still has the same magnitude from last mod making it sad that all other encounters but one do more damage in single target. With debuff windows in effect hfr and fb will have less than a 50 50 chance to proc gear as well if lucky but not even close to ideal in single target use. The problem is most encounters are aoe based tic/dot powers that can't proc gear in single target or aoe with debuffs windows in effect but do more damage than actual single target powers.

Luckily Ss will proc gear with 9 mag per spark feat making builds particularly limited, but luck and prayers on getting 5 stacks consistently.

Also, Infernal spheres is still just a train wreck since day 1, even if it was wai without getting stuck in a neverending hand waving animation with no effect or damage until unslotted, it still just fails to deliver .

Since the highest source of stat % comes from gear procs like ribcage, goristro, whisper, ebony, etc. warlock dps is pigeonholed with no real alternatives to gear or options in mod 20 as it is now. Prior to mod 20 even our atwills were capable of triggering15% of hp hits....now its just depressing.

Most of the issues discussed have been reported as bugs back in mod 16 and discussed as core issues back then as well. Now its just compounded with new combat rework.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • Options
    acrinicusacrinicus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Adding to the challenges of HFR, it currently is the best source (by far) for building stacks of soul investiture, but in the new VoS boss fights, it can be very hard to land it on the fast moving bosses since it has about a 3 second animation lag. The only way to land it is by predicting the bosses movement, which due to the faster pace of the boss fight, can prove challenging indeed. I think the fights are fun, but HRF is too slow, and in some cases, even fails to work when the animation completes, forcing a second casting. This extends the cast time to 3-5 seconds. Ouch.

If HFR were to perform like Revitalize this particular issue would be resolved.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Warlock's primarily use Hellfire Ring against mobs to apply a curse on the enemy.
    Quite a few enemies can see and engage the player within the Hellfire Ring cast range. These enemies can also close the distance quickly towards the player resulting in Hellfire Ring being cast at the location where the mob used to be and hitting no enemies.

To combat this issue, I'd suggest a change to Hellfire Ring's casting by one or more of the following:

* Reduce the cast time
    * Increase the cast radius
    * Bring forward the actual time within the cast process when the Hellfire Ring actually appears and applies the curse.

This would make the power a little more player friendly.

About reducing Hellfire ring casting time I agree. It need like 1s shorter casting.

As for widing Area of effect/hit, I don't agree on it.. The size is more than enough. This is encounter not daily power, put that in mind. :)

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================