What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 20 Rewards Adjustments

Comments

• the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User

okay, let's see what we have

feedback - gear
    Head: Fey Hunter: +5% Damage in all of Sharandar - good for dps
    Body: Leader’s Awareness: Gain 1500 Awareness for each player in your team - good for tanks
    Arms: Death Defier’s Accuracy: Gain 500 Accuracy for each Enemy you are engaged in - good for NO ONE
    Feet: Charged Mastery: When your Stamina is over 75%, your Combat Advantage is increased by 7500 - good for dps

we have 2 items for dsp, 1 for tanks and 0 for healers as always
    pls, replace the bonus, which is useless for all classes, on arms, so that a thing that is necessary for healers appears

for example...
    Arms: Gain 500 Outgoing Healing and 500 Incoming Healing for each player in your team
    or
    Arms: When your Stamina is over 75%, your Incoming and Outgoing Healing is increased by 2500

why not? we really need it, we really want it
    give us (healers) more sense in farming new gear

I do understand your point of view and I must agree with the fact that they haven`t yet considered to make those pieces viable for healers, however 2500 rating won t make a huge difference in your healing spells and won`t give you a real incentive to run this dungeons which I am not sure if you are aware of but it is not easy, just to obtain a piece of gear that is not relevant for majority.

If you feel so I have posted above an example on how I would see the bonuses on this gears. Feel free to react or comment in regard.
  • ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    There was the problem with too much stuff being focused on power when it came to gear, so you started moving a lot of these power sources for other things, which was good at first, but I think you went kinda overboard with it. I feel like there's starting to be a lack of power, especially power %, in the game. Healers, who don't get power from Forte, find it really hard to max power and are all kinda forced to use power companions, which ruins the diversity between endgamers healers when it comes to companions. They fey set looked like a really good alternative for the tiamat set at first for at least paladin healers, but now it's not really useful for them anymore because paladin healers mostly use their heals when everyone is at max HP before a big attack, to shield them. I think that this bonus change should be reversed, or at least that we should get more power % sources. Remember, not only dps play the game, and healers are having a real problem with power right now
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    nisckis said:

Could you change the forest bonuses that give ratings to % please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I believe that with the new system we'd all benefit from % bonuses on all gear - it'd make them viable for longer as they bring out new content and so boost their attractiveness. It'd also make it easier to calculate their effectiveness without having to do math.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Great changes that will make the latest content feel rewarding for all classes!

The gloves stand out as the least desireable of the armor pieces, maybe consider changing this to a bonus focused on healer toons?

When players have adjusted to the new combat system, maybe there is a possibility to introduce equip bonuses that can show the true potential of this new system ? We already have more than enough gearing options to cap the desired stats for all the classes, so introducing bonuses that do more than simple +/- ratings should be possible.
    Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User

I do understand your point of view and I must agree with the fact that they haven`t yet considered to make those pieces viable for healers, however 2500 rating won t make a huge difference in your healing spells and won`t give you a real incentive to run this dungeons which I am not sure if you are aware of but it is not easy, just to obtain a piece of gear that is not relevant for majority.

If you feel so I have posted above an example on how I would see the bonuses on this gears. Feel free to react or comment in regard.

At the moment, we cannot get an outgoing healing rating from any items.
    Even a 2500 rating boost will be extremely pleasant for healers.
    If we are talking about a 7500 rating (like stats for dps), it will be perfect.

And yes, my party has already completed a new dungeon on the test server. It's really hard and awesome, but the awards don't encourage you to do it over and over again.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Great change, thanks! Definetly worth to farm the equipment now <3
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I think this is a great improvement in addressing the needs of all roles, yet i believe there is greater room for improvement to ensure that there is incentive for all roles to actively desire to participate in the new content.

Currently, as it stands, many tanks and healers do not seem to be interested in participating in content, as there are no suitable rewards being provided. I believe changes, which specifically encourage and rewards players of all roles to participate in the new content, will be significantly beneficial for the game and community.

As others have mentioned, there is a lack of reasonable and logical gear for healers and gear for DPS is limited in applicability. Gear for tanks is a very welcome addition, yet I believe all of these bonuses could be improved.

Similarly, others have mentioned the benefit of gear providing % bonuses rather than static stats, and this will greatly assist in ensuring that the gear retains some value in the future, while encouraging players to upgrade.

Although the artifact sets clearly demonstrate that significant time and thought has gone into balancing them and providing some much-needed bonuses to players, I am conscious that there are two sets, yet there are three roles. I believe focussing more upon providing a set for each role, with each of these sets more greatly focussed upon providing specific and needed bonuses to that specific role, will provide greater options to all players to choose between different sets.

I would dearly love to see some synergistic effects and bonuses between the gear and artifacts, as this would greatly encourage and incentivise players to participate in the content more than they may just to acquire one or two items.

As some suggestions:

Each of the four Forest Guardian items provides 1% bonus to a specific Rating or effect (such as Damage, Outgoing Healing etc.), with this bonus increasing by +1% for each item in the 'set', to a total for the four Forest Guardian items providing +4% bonus to each.

The Head piece could provide +1% bonus to damage, which would increase to 2/3/4% for each set item equipped.

The Body piece could provide +1% Hit Points, which would increase to 2/3/4% for each set item equipped.

The Arm piece could provide +1% Incoming and Outgoing Healing, which would increase to 2/3/4% for each set item

The Feet piece could provide +1% Movement, which would increase to 2/3/4% for each set item equipped.

Three artifact sets should be made available, with each set focussed upon a specific role - tank, healer, damage dealer.

Fey Star set could be pure DPS-oriented, providing base Combat Advantage, Critical Strike, Critical Severity, Accuracy & Power (I know, DPS don't need Power right now, but they may with these changes), and with Ability Scores providing Strength and Intelligence (to cater to the needs of both melee and ranged DPS). The set bonus could provide, instead, "When you have a Shield or Temporary Hit Points, your Damage is increased by 3% for 6 seconds."

Diamond set could be pure Tank-orientated, providing base Critical Avoidance, Awareness, Defense, Deflect & Deflect Severity, and with the Ability Scores providing Constitution and Charisma (to better benefit each of the three tank classes). The set bonus could provide, instead, "When you have a Shield or Temporary Hit Points, your Damage Resistance is increased by 3% for 6 seconds."

The 'new' third set could be pure Healer-orientated, providing base Power, Critical Strike, Critical Severity, Defense and Outgoing Healing, and with Ability Scores providing Wisdom and Dexterity (to better assist healers in healing). The set bonus could provide "When you have a Shield or Temporary Hit Points, your Outgoing Healing is increased by 3% for 6 seconds."

Each of the three complete artifact set could then provide an additional 'set bonus' to the Forest Guardian item set, resulting in: +3% Damage (Fey Star), +3% Hit Points (Diamond) and +3% Outgoing Healing (new set).

This would then result in DPS gaining a potential +10% damage increase (+4% from Forest Guardian, +3% from Fey Star set bonus, +3% from Fey Star added to the Forest Guardian set). Tanks would receive a potential +7% bonus Hit Points (+4% from Forest Guardian and +3% from Diamond added to Forest Guardian) and +3% Damage Resistance. Healers would receive +10% Outgoing Healing (+4% from Forest Guardian, +3% from new set bonus, +3% from new set added to the Forest Guardian set).

These changes would enormously increase the participation of all players, as every player of every class and role would then be rewarded with gear providing bonuses commensurate with their participation in the new content.

I find it difficult to perceive any player having any issue with these changes, as it would specifically benefit and suit the needs of each player.

Additionally, with these changes, there is a greater opportunity for diversity in gearing, as players could, to a degree, choose to 'mix and match' sets. For example, a DPS or Healer could choose to use the Diamond set instead, to provide themselves with greater survivability, at the expense of damage or healing capability, or a tank could choose to use the Fey Star or new set for added damage or even healing potential (here's looking at you Pallies!).

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    How about instead of constantly giving out new gear, all gear doesn't really give stats unless the players unlocks them, and apply one out of three different stats to them. Whenever these stats need to change slightly, player pays 50.000 AD or 100.000 RP.

The way it works is like this

1 Armor piece chest gives 2500 Critical Strike or 2500 Accuracy or 2500 Awareness. Only one active bonus is working and whenever there is a change, 50.000AD are spent. This way people won't waste too much time seeking what they need to adjust their gear, but instead will have exactly what they want and can change accordingly in case new gear comes out with a better 2nd bonus, but crappy 1st bonus.

Everything else would be a small bonus through the Runestones and Armor Enchantments, but will work the most in favour of the Item Level.

Weapons should completely lose the "Item Level" option at this point, because they should only provide bonuses that people might want to use per content, and in such a scenario people might actually use not one, but up to five different weapon sets.

In doing so, this removes the need to constantly make items and gear that half of the folk won't use either way, and it also solves the problem of balancing out stats for the majority of people.

I guess this is logical, so it won't be implemented.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for the Tank set - my Pally appreciates it :D

One question for clarification: with the 5% damage reduction; is that 5% added to your Defence stat or a secondary layer of 5%?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

How about instead of constantly giving out new gear, all gear doesn't really give stats unless the players unlocks them, and apply one out of three different stats to them. Whenever these stats need to change slightly, player pays 50.000 AD or 100.000 RP.

The way it works is like this

1 Armor piece chest gives 2500 Critical Strike or 2500 Accuracy or 2500 Awareness. Only one active bonus is working and whenever there is a change, 50.000AD are spent. This way people won't waste too much time seeking what they need to adjust their gear, but instead will have exactly what they want and can change accordingly in case new gear comes out with a better 2nd bonus, but crappy 1st bonus.

Everything else would be a small bonus through the Runestones and Armor Enchantments, but will work the most in favour of the Item Level.

Weapons should completely lose the "Item Level" option at this point, because they should only provide bonuses that people might want to use per content, and in such a scenario people might actually use not one, but up to five different weapon sets.

In doing so, this removes the need to constantly make items and gear that half of the folk won't use either way, and it also solves the problem of balancing out stats for the majority of people.

I guess this is logical, so it won't be implemented.

1. What is the point of having such an ad sink and when I would ever choose to spend 50k AD to switch a bonus, enter a dungeon, play it for half a hour, open the chest and receive a black opal or a blood ruby and some RAD?

2. I am not sure what you refer to, but for your own knowledge all enchantments and runestones except Indomitables are now irrelevant in 98% of the game because of the scaling. You can pretty much run with empty slots and you won t be affected in terms of performance. And I am pretty sure you are not one of those people like me who spent tens of millions of AD on those enchantments to just make them "meh.. a small contribution"

3. I think you are new in Neverwinter if you make such proposal and you have no ideea how hard is to obtain an endgame piece of weapon. Removing Item level from those weapons will make them irrelevant for endgame. It is not enough that those weapons now are not bis for scaled content, but it will no longer give people incentive to run endgame content to obtain them because the effort is to big just to be able to obtain a set that is viable in only 2 trials.

Next time when you make a sarcastic post, just don`t do it. Not only you will make some people angry but it helps no one and the situation is not pink.

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    armadeonx said:

One question for clarification: with the 5% damage reduction; is that 5% added to your Defence stat or a secondary layer of 5%?

Damage reduction is a second value that is added on top of defense so damage reduction IS NOT defense. Damage reduction is not included in Defense so it still shows an effect if Defense is capped at 90%.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'm a little confused, I thought this was a rewards adjustment thread. This is gear that comes with the module, not rewards for extended gameplay in current dungeons/trials(Combat Rework).

Things are taking much longer than before, it's the same content, we use way more resources now in potions, healing stones/pots, scrolls, etc. This is not what I was expecting to see in this thread at all and I'm rather disappointed. Why not call it what it is(Updated Mod 20 Gear thread).
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Side Note for Succesfull Launch Please

The Malabog Ruins Map in New Sharandar is so tiny

So make it that each instance maximum has 10 person max so every player can finish his quests and farm Heroic Encounters

So we don't have another River District launch please

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Side Note for Succesfull Launch Please

The Malabog Ruins Map in New Sharandar is so tiny

So make it that each instance maximum has 10 person max so every player can finish his quests and farm Heroic Encounters

So we don't have another River District launch please

I suspect this will fall under deaf ears in this thread, not related to the content at all.
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Once again this is just so far from the target, not what the players asked for and all and all is copy and paste bonuses with a different stat/area you get the buff. WE WANT NEW BONUSES
  • co2#1085 co2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

(...)
    But the unscaled content is Sharandar, we have more episodes of Sharandar coming, meaning more content and a reworked skirmish, that may or may not be scaled. We aren't talking about scaled content at all here. (...)

'Sharandar+' on preview does scale. I entered with a 22k Wizard and HP/Damage got scaled up ...
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I'd prefer if the gear was level 500 instead of 1500. If I'm going to be scaled in all content, including the new dungeon, then what good is a higher item level? My gs is already 52k+, increasing that number just hinders me more in trying to max out stats. If you're intent on raising item level of new gear while scaling us down, the very least you could do is increase the bonuses we get from our enchantments back to a number that provides an actual bonus. OR you guys could abandon this scaling theory of yours and make progression something worth working towards like it should be.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Give bonuses based on class that has synergy with that class's features.

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

ph33rm3 said:

Wait... you're changing it to become another Demon set? So it somehow will stay BIS for the next 10 mods? Also you've turn the Pin set bonus to where it's good for tanks only? This is ridiculous. I prefered the old set bonuses. I was totally going to go for the Pin set which was an upgrade of Halster's but now I guess I'll have to go for the same set which every DPS will go for because it's BIS and will probably stay that way. Nothing for people who want varied playstyle or don't like sticking to a "Meta"

There goes my recharge build. I'll be forced into this set and I'll have to let go of one my heart of the dragon artis, rendering them all useless. As a wiz a have to use the envenomed journal as active. It's like they are pushing me out the door.
    No one is forcing anything. If you don't like the bonus, don't use it. I do know that a lot of players have been asking for more sources of awareness, accuracy, and CA and here they are delivering. They won't be able to please everyone.
    It's the last minute nature of the change. Not the change itself. I've already designed and built my toon spending MANY millions. Focusing on recharge speed, control and DPS. Wearing this set wrecks my build. Not wearing it defeats the purpose of making it.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

arazith07 said:

ph33rm3 said:

Wait... you're changing it to become another Demon set? So it somehow will stay BIS for the next 10 mods? Also you've turn the Pin set bonus to where it's good for tanks only? This is ridiculous. I prefered the old set bonuses. I was totally going to go for the Pin set which was an upgrade of Halster's but now I guess I'll have to go for the same set which every DPS will go for because it's BIS and will probably stay that way. Nothing for people who want varied playstyle or don't like sticking to a "Meta"

There goes my recharge build. I'll be forced into this set and I'll have to let go of one my heart of the dragon artis, rendering them all useless. As a wiz a have to use the envenomed journal as active. It's like they are pushing me out the door.
    No one is forcing anything. If you don't like the bonus, don't use it. I do know that a lot of players have been asking for more sources of awareness, accuracy, and CA and here they are delivering. They won't be able to please everyone.
    It's the last minute nature of the change. Not the change itself. I've already designed and built my toon spending MANY millions. Focusing on recharge speed, control and DPS. Wearing this set wrecks my build. Not wearing it defeats the purpose of making it.
    ALWAYS expect things to change on preview. The module is still 2 weeks away from going live. If things weren't changing, it would be going live now. It's far from being a last minute change.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I think we need separate sets for every class so we the players see devs insight on each class and role

Just like when game initially launched in open beta

It is very hard to fit expectations of all classes and roles in 1set of equipment and bonuses

Also I would like to prioritize styling for each class you just can't have barbarian and paladin wearing same chest piece we need diversity in styling for each class to set them apart
  • chomp01chomp01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    /feedback: I looking new reward and for the new set
    We got Trickster's set with + 4 Cons on collar +2 cons and +2 wis on belt and we got the Dashing Decoy set with +4 Cha on collar and +2 str +2 cons on belt
    The Dashing Decoy is good for tanks and Trickster' set for dps but the Dashing decoy set got +4 cha for me it is better to keep the +4 cons on Starshard Choker (the collar for the Trickster's set) and give the +4 cons on Iridescent Diamond Pendant (the dashing decoy collar)
    Tanks need more the +4 cons than +4 charisme because tanks need ap gain and hp (atm we got less hp with the combat change), forte and cdr is less important than hp and ap gain.
    The -4 cons force tanks to lose 2% hp and 1% ap gain and we will earn 2% cdr (no impact except for some spell) and 1% forte no impact too
    For dps, keep the 4 cons they keep need hp and ap and mostly dps sets give +4 cons on the collar
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    It would be really helpful if all player equipment and companion equipment from Sharandar Episode I is available in the Collections
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited January 2021

1. What is the point of having such an ad sink and when I would ever choose to spend 50k AD to switch a bonus, enter a dungeon, play it for half a hour, open the chest and receive a black opal or a blood ruby and some RAD?

2. I am not sure what you refer to, but for your own knowledge all enchantments and runestones except Indomitables are now irrelevant in 98% of the game because of the scaling. You can pretty much run with empty slots and you won t be affected in terms of performance. And I am pretty sure you are not one of those people like me who spent tens of millions of AD on those enchantments to just make them "meh.. a small contribution"

3. I think you are new in Neverwinter if you make such proposal and you have no ideea how hard is to obtain an endgame piece of weapon. Removing Item level from those weapons will make them irrelevant for endgame. It is not enough that those weapons now are not bis for scaled content, but it will no longer give people incentive to run endgame content to obtain them because the effort is to big just to be able to obtain a set that is viable in only 2 trials.

Next time when you make a sarcastic post, just don`t do it. Not only you will make some people angry but it helps no one and the situation is not pink.

1. Instead of paying 3.000.000ad to get Rib Cage armor slot, or 6.000.000AD for getting a Triceratops for Zariel (at least back in the day), you'd be paying 50.000ad on something that you can easily transfer stats to as long as the Item Level is appropriate. If you don't see the beauty of this, then I can explain it like this: People have been buying a T3 hunt lure for approx 6mil Ad in trade value. I've seen bigger trade values for it, but this one is at least 200% higher than my previous expectations.

2. Because the enchantments are irrelevant nowadays, same like pretty much everything else by this point, and since they won't fix it even though people have spent extreme amounts of AD/Time et cetera. I spent 10million + on Fashion alone if that helps you. Or let me rephrase it : I see this game constantly being hurt by same things, so at some point you start caring more about the fashion than you care about the actual Meta/Endgame. Seeing how a ton of people were first finishing ToMM before they even stepped into Dread Ring only makes my convictions that much stronger that endgame has been a lost cause since M9. I'd even say that GG runs for DK against PvP guilds were more fun than what we have now in endgame. If there was any doubt that this game won't even get fixed, the recent changes are a sure final nail to that already rotting coffin.

3. Hehe ok
    Post edited by c1k4ml3kc3 on
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

1. Instead of paying 3.000.000ad to get Rib Cage armor slot, or 6.000.000AD for getting a Triceratops for Zariel (at least back in the day), you'd be paying 50.000ad on something that you can easily transfer stats to as long as the Item Level is appropriate. If you don't see the beauty of this, then I can explain it like this: People have been buying a T3 hunt lure for approx 6mil Ad in trade value. I've seen bigger trade values for it, but this one is at least 200% higher than my previous expectations.

2. Because the enchantments are irrelevant nowadays, same like pretty much everything else by this point, and since they won't fix it even though people have spent extreme amounts of AD/Time et cetera. I spent 10million + on Fashion alone if that helps you. Or let me rephrase it : I see this game constantly being hurt by same things, so at some point you start caring more about the fashion than you care about the actual Meta/Endgame. Seeing how a ton of people were first finishing ToMM before they even stepped into Dread Ring only makes my convictions that much stronger that endgame has been a lost cause since M9. I'd even say that GG runs for DK against PvP guilds were more fun than what we have now in endgame. If there was any doubt that this game won't even get fixed, the recent changes are a sure final nail to that already rotting coffin.

3. Hehe ok

Let s just delete the game and play Solitaire if your proposition is to remove 99% from the game content just to have an argument for a bad ideea.

PS Hope I won t get warned again for a joke.