test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devil’s Bone Ribcage and Goristro Horns

synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
I would suggest to reduce the HP percentage required from 10% to like 8/5%, and that’s why:

In the previous system we had higher floaters (quite double, looking for example on at-wills) and lower HP (500/540 for dps or healers in Zariel), so there where no problems keeping it active.
Now, that gear got his rework, is essentially the main source of contributions as for healers as for dps, and it’s really hard to keep it up, since we have at least 600/650k HP, and not all heals/powers deals that much to reach 10%. Also healers can’t just “spam” to keep stacks ready

Thanks,
Aster

Comments

• jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I agree. I mentioned this on preview server for weeks. The 10% hp in damage/healing requirement is not easy for many classes. Its also currently not even proccing at 10%. It seems to be proccing at more like 15% of hp in dage dealt.
  • lordgormlordgorm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    good idea!!!
  • alfons#3156 alfons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    List of must have changes : infinity .
    Y same with Goristo helmet or other stuff,instead 10% decrease it.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    In general, all the stuff that requires a percentage of damage/heal dealt, should be reduced by half in my opinion, for the reasons listed on top.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Do we want some DPS classes to be able to trigger these effects with their at-wills and some not?

That's another question with the set-point, since the high-end of at will damage varies considerably between them, for example:

Shadowknife: Highest at-will damage is 60 magnitude
    Dreadnought: Highest at-will damage is 175 magnitude
    Hunter: Highest at-will damage is 260 magnitude
    edited January 2021
    The question is: were you able to proc with at-wills before conbat rework?
    If the answer is no, will always be a no.
    If the answer is yes, then maybe now you’re not able to do it anymore(lower floater, higher HP)
    Also Goristro Horn’s last 2stacks, are really unstable... even on ranger, that’s the best encounter spammer in game...
    Maybe his stack cooldown need an adjustment too
  • lykos#0947 lykos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    That and I can add it would be nice if the lasted stack refresh the up time duration of the olders stacks too.
    For Paladin Healers it's a nightmare to keep up the stacks because we dont have spells like Healing Word from Cleric that can multi proc and maintain it with a single cast.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User

Also Goristro Horn’s last 2stacks, are really unstable... even on ranger, that’s the best encounter spammer in game...

Maybe his stack cooldown need an adjustment too

The issue is that its 10 individual stacks. If they were sequential stacks like ribcage, it would be much easier to keep procced. If they change it to 7.5% of hp in damage/heals dealt, and change the stacks to be sequential, it would fix the problem.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I second the idea of decreasing of the HP requirement to proc the ribcage and the goristro horns and similar gear.
    This kind of gear can very painful to proc if you are Dot damage class (I would speak for myself as a warlock), especially when the first hit of most of your encounters is not strong (and so are the others).
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

I second the idea of decreasing of the HP requirement to proc the ribcage and the goristro horns and similar gear.
    This kind of gear can very painful to proc if you are Dot damage class (I would speak for myself as a warlock), especially when the first hit of most of your encounters is not strong (and so are the others).

There are no issues procing this on SW. My main is SW and using this I cap easy. Something in the gear or the build is probably holding you back a little. Also, if you need to build power procs first, you will have a delay in getting other procs up. I spent 2 hours last night trying to fine tune my procs so they all come up faster. Came down to rotation and stat/stat % distribution to fix it.
    edited January 2021
    reg1981 said:

There are no issues procing this on SW. My main is SW and using this I cap easy. Something in the gear or the build is probably holding you back a little. Also, if you need to build power procs first, you will have a delay in getting other procs up. I spent 2 hours last night trying to fine tune my procs so they all come up faster. Came down to rotation and stat/stat % distribution to fix it.
    I don't want to flood this thread but there is definitely a proccing issue considering I was in combat advantage position to test the horn. Of course, killing flame was proccing it immediatly but it was not the case for some other encounters that have low base first hit (like HG, BoVA or HFR even if all of them don't appear in the attached pic).
    And no , I was not in party , nor in a dungeon with debuffs, and I didn't take any consumables. Why ? Because I consider we are supposed to proc the horn , even in a solo context. This is a T1 hunt reward, not a high-end gear. Having decent % of stats should be sufficient.
    On preview, I had the impression it was working better.
    https://ibb.co/Ryyf0Vy
    reg1981 said:

Maybe as a DPS you can find a way to, but not all dps classes are equals and most of... we're talking about gear that must be used also by tanks and healers. The main reasons of that post are
    • Those percentages needs to be adjusted to the higher base HP and lower base floaters this combat rework brought with it
    • Healers and Tanks really needs those stacks (even more then before), and they have big issues making, due to the impossibility to spam encounters (heals) or low floaters (tanks)
    edited January 2021
    All I'm saying is there are ways. IL too high for the build? If your IL is too high, you'll have more HP and trouble proc'ing. Do you have HP in def slots at all? I stacked def.

It's doable and works nice. I had to customize the speed my stats came up. If I need to proc power to reach cap then that needs to come up before others things will hit and start to proc. Things are no longer meant to die on 1 rotation.

@synyster3006 the comment I replied to was about SW, not all classes. I haven't dipped into my other DPS toons first, stick with my main, learn the system, optimize, then look at other classes again.

And for what it's worth, those screenshots are taking in the Trade of Blades on the dummys in PE.
    edited January 2021
    I know you are trying to help but it seems you have reading issues and don't get the purpose of this whole thread, i.e being able to build stacks to start with, and to build them quickly.
    It is useless to achieve your stacks when all the ennemies are dead (because killed by faster-proccing classes) or when the party is dead (because healers could not do enough strong heals in time).

And don't take screenshots when potted, it is not my definition of solo context.

By the way, not everybody has BIS gear and not every dps is willing to reroll to the ugly Gith new bis race xD.
    Most of, i won't consider lowering my HP to 550 and 49k IL just because i need to stack Goristro+Ribcage the solution.
    In Zariel i will die at the first cluster or wn...
    And i won't repeat myself again, there's not only DPS in game, also Tanks and Healers matters for non-solo contents.