test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M20 New Sharandar and Ruins of Malabog Adventure Zone Bugs/Feedback

2»

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

The Current Sharandar campaign is designed for a level 64 character (about 6000 IL) and is as useful as Elemental Evil or Maze Engine in providing the XP needed to advance a character to level 80 (Ignoring invoking and azure enchants and SH quests all of which skew the normal XP allocation). If the existing, delightful and very functional New Sharandar is 'replaced' by the new mod 20 adventure zone, the 'level/IL' requirements should remain the same for the initial quests. This should *not* be considered the 'next campaign after Avernus' **if it is replacing the current Sharandar Campaign**.

Stronghold Fey Trinkets Voucher creation must be maintained
    Dark Keys and Malabog Castle keys should still be obtainable

I agree with comments regarding context - you must have the old Sharandar campaign in place to reference 'what once was' in the new campaign/story - or it is just confusing and inconsistent.

If the environment/artwork/models are not true to Feywind lore expectations, do not release the module, period. Comments from users for months have indicated that the grind of the past two adventure zones was unbearable - do not repeat that tactic in the new content.

While I agree that the old Sharandar zone and campaign should remain in the game, I do not agree with your statement that the New Sharandar M20 content should be the same difficulty. There is plenty of content for 60-70 leveling, Elemental Evil was designed to be that leveling area, much as Undermountain is for 70-80. There is PLENTY of content for that range. There is however absolutely no open world content for item levels 40-50k+, which is actually where most of the player base will be.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    * Please give us a clear statement on what the intent is with Old Sharandar, including handling of the boons
    (Personally I mean it should under no circumstances be removed.. game has too little content as it is)

* If Old Sharandar is removed, you also need to do something with Sibylla's legacy quests
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Can we get some armor for tanks...dps have gear that is giving 7.5% to 25% to other contributions...For a tank to get 5% from a piece of gear, we have to go back to 400 IL helm.. The new gear no one is even happy about it being all power, specially after how much people were asking for power to be removed from gear.

While some tanks have suggested gear like 'be hit for 15% of your hp to buff 1% in...' that makes it useless for mob groups and makes it difficult to have control over the buffs. Rather, I'd prefer gear that say 'whenever you reflect damage...' as we have more control over it. It may make different armor enchants useful like thunderhead, makes use of some powers fighters and pallys have, gives us options on how to build our character as their are armors like Armondo's boots, Cook's ring, tanner's ring that could work with this. Or, giving us gear that procs on encounter use, all three tank classes can easily benefit from that, 5 second shield throw, primal fury and templar's wrath/bane allows us to build stacks and gives us the choice when we need it.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Being hit for 15% to buff 1% in a specific stat would take control away from us. We're also not looking for increase our defense from these buffs...please...its like power to dps. Awareness/crit avoid/deflect severity is what we need as tanks.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    There is a mission to find or help 5 elfs(I Think), that gives you a temp power to fire with the "F" key. There is a particular elf that doesn't like to be found. At the top of the map to the right of the small HE that you kill then burn supplies. There are 2 issues at this particular location. #1 the visual sign that you even have a temp power disappears. Also #2 the elf likes to leave and never come back! A friend had to drop the quest last night and redo it before he was able to complete it. For myself, the temp power disappeared(But still triggered if I pushed the button!!) I just didn't know to push the button!
    The quest item for the molar seems to drop a million times if you don't accept that quest. I had them EVERYWHERE on the floor of the map, I stopped at a mob spawn point just to count how many were on the ground and there was 11 from that 1 mob killed several times. I had 85% progress of the week when I finally accepted and turned in this quest so there was a LOT of them on the ground. They all went away when I finally accepted and turned in the quest.
    The small HE(I need to do it again to better learn names) at the top(NW) of the map where you kill 3 mobs then burn supply crates, there is an issue where the crates CAN remain on fire after the HE ends and respawns. When this happens it's very hard to interact with the burning boxes to complete the new spawn of the small HE and I've seen a few players leave the area feeling it was bugged and not completable.
    Respawn timers on quest objects should be adjusted. Burn the supplies for example, I had someone just 1 step ahead of me getting to the boxes. Once they interacted with them I had to wait for them to respawn and hope I got there first. Took a while to get these reset and for me to complete the quest.

I bring this up for the simple fact that we only get 2 quests at a time and if your stuck standing around waiting for crates to respawn it's pretty boring.
  • avathar#2753 avathar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 26 Cryptic Developer
    reg1981 said:

The small HE(I need to do it again to better learn names) at the top(NW) of the map where you kill 3 mobs then burn supply crates, there is an issue where the crates CAN remain on fire after the HE ends and respawns. When this happens it's very hard to interact with the burning boxes to complete the new spawn of the small HE and I've seen a few players leave the area feeling it was bugged and not completable.

The fix for the issue with the crates was put in last week, it is currently with QA and should be resolved in an upcoming preview build.
  • jungl#9919 jungl Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2021
    Hello. Content in new zone as and content overall (group dungeons/solo content etc) is very very easy. New combat from the point of view of skills/stats is good. But right now this game has difficulty of average slasher for smartphones. This is very bad.

I very hope that you will adjust difficulty across the game. Otherwise this game will be too trivial as it was with old dungeons in m4-5.
    Post edited by jungl#9919 on
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

Hello. Content in new zone as and content overall (group dungeons/solo content etc) is very very easy. New combat from the point of view of skills/stats is good. But right now this game has difficulty of average slasher for smartphones. This is very bad.

I very hope that you will adjust difficulty across the game. Otherwise this game will be too trivial as it was with old dungeons in m4-5.

You should post what class you play, it probably needs a solid nerf! :s
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User

Nah he's just probably been playing long enough to have most of his stuff maxed. My toon isn't no where near BIC, but I have it set up to pretty easily solo a lot of stuff. Sometimes you have to sacrifice damage for healing and defensive stuff. It takes me about an hour - an hour and a half to get the 100 weekly and I can solo the minors. Myself and another player handled the BHE the other night pretty solidly. The zone is only slightly harder then Avernus if at all.

I don't know if this is a bug or WAI, but I pulled a couple small mobs in the other night with my chicken active, and before the combat was done, it looked like a truck headed to a KFC chicken plant had crashed on the interstate and was flogging the combined mobs. I've never had that happen on the Live server. Made short work of the beasts though it was visually impressive. I did have the chicken pet bonus active at the time if that helps.

I think it's more a case of what class do you play, it might need a buff. Or, if you check your character sheet on preview, what is your damage at? I know sometimes it will bug out and show zero damage and 5k less TiL than you should have. If not, more info would be appreciated so we can figure out why some players have a hard time with content while others can do well while undergeared.
    edited January 2021
    Quest path is broken for the quest "Mark of the Crone". It takes me to the portal and up to the quest givers. Once you take the portal to go up there the quest path wants you to take the portal again. I'm currently in a loop and have no idea where to go. There's no blue circle on the map either.

UPDATE: After 15 mins of running circles I managed to find 1 Shaman without the help of the tracker and no circle on the map. I can see various camps where I would expect them to be but other players must be getting there first. But who knows, I could be in the wrong spot. Please investigate.

reg1981 said:

Quest path is broken for the quest "Mark of the Crone". It takes me to the portal and up to the quest givers. Once you take the portal to go up there the quest path wants you to take the portal again. I'm currently in a loop and have no idea where to go. There's no blue circle on the map either.

Thanks for the bug report! There is an issue that broke the golden path in many places within New Sharandar and the Ruins of Malabog. We currently have the issue resolved internally, but that fix has not yet made it to the Preview Shard.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    The quest path is broken for all Troll Shaman Quests. Glad to hear there's a fix coming. But speaking of those quests the Troll Shamans do not spawn enough. The one spawn they only spawned about every 10-15 minutes when then Redcap mob on the other side of the wall spawned every 2 minutes. There was only 4 of us in the zone on preview with the same quest and not enough spawns to go around. Also what's the deal with the Shirts and Pants having no Equip power and at Rare level? I don't want spoilers but will we be able to upgrade them later?

The quest path is broken for all Troll Shaman Quests. Glad to hear there's a fix coming. But speaking of those quests the Troll Shamans do not spawn enough. The one spawn they only spawned about every 10-15 minutes when then Redcap mob on the other side of the wall spawned every 2 minutes. There was only 4 of us in the zone on preview with the same quest and not enough spawns to go around. Also what's the deal with the Shirts and Pants having no Equip power and at Rare level? I don't want spoilers but will we be able to upgrade them later?

Thanks for the feedback, we looking into why the Troll Shamans are being so shy, the issue should hopefully be fixed sometime today and available in a future preview update.
  • co2#1085 co2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Not a bug but a suck: The B/HE mobs spam to much 'optional quests' on the ground which disturb due to the many pickup requesters the entire battle experience ...
  • nholmesdev#5601 nholmesdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
    co2#1085 said:

Not a bug but a suck: The B/HE mobs spam to much 'optional quests' on the ground which disturb due to the many pickup requesters the entire battle experience ...

Do you recall which quest you were on while doing the HE?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I don't want to spoil the story too much for myself so I've stopped testing, but I'm waiting with bated breath for the lore entry that explains how all powries went from *female* to *male*. That one will be a doozy.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

I don't want to spoil the story too much for myself so I've stopped testing, but I'm waiting with bated breath for the lore entry that explains how all powries went from *female* to *male*. That one will be a doozy.

I thought they were all male to begin with
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Apologies if already addressed,
    In regards to the exchange of old Sharandar rewards to new, has the "Sharandar Signet of Patronage" been considered? If not, will it be. Easy solution would be to exchange it for it's original (similar) cost comparatively from old to new.

For clarity this is the token you can purchase in any campaign once done to allow another character to undertake at reduced currency cost.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    ukspawn said:

Apologies if already addressed,
    In regards to the exchange of old Sharandar rewards to new, has the "Sharandar Signet of Patronage" been considered? If not, will it be. Easy solution would be to exchange it for it's original (similar) cost comparatively from old to new.

For clarity this is the token you can purchase in any campaign once done to allow another character to undertake at reduced currency cost.

Yes. The trade-in gives 50k AD, so I guess you just lose out on the other resources used to create it.

• polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @nholmesdev#5601 @avathar#2753 this is the only place I know to put this comment where it may actually get read by devs and maybe get a response from. The Campaign currency (Iron Curios and Fey Potions?) from the chapters. What are we supposed to do with it after we collect the 325 needed after we complete the chapter? In the past stuff like this was used to purchase the keys need for the dungeon (almost every campaign) or could be converted into the campaign store currency (Chult was a good example) but now we can do anything with it when we're done. Like it would be helpful if we could convert it into the corresponding campaign currency or turn it in to the Guild Coffer. Like you can still collect it if the quest screens are correct after you hit 325 but haven't yet checked if it even shows up in the riches tab.
  • nholmesdev#5601 nholmesdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer

@nholmesdev#5601 @avathar#2753 this is the only place I know to put this comment where it may actually get read by devs and maybe get a response from. The Campaign currency (Iron Curios and Fey Potions?) from the chapters. What are we supposed to do with it after we collect the 325 needed after we complete the chapter? In the past stuff like this was used to purchase the keys need for the dungeon (almost every campaign) or could be converted into the campaign store currency (Chult was a good example) but now we can do anything with it when we're done. Like it would be helpful if we could convert it into the corresponding campaign currency or turn it in to the Guild Coffer. Like you can still collect it if the quest screens are correct after you hit 325 but haven't yet checked if it even shows up in the riches tab.

Hey polysatyr81, thank you for the post!

So, what you are describing (Iron Curios, Potions of Undead, etc) are not actually currency per se, they are items used for campaign progress. We have changed the way we build campaigns, so apologies if it's confusing.

Thank you for playing Neverwinter!

-Mort