test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Complete Failure of Mod 20

Since I had to give up on my lvl 80 ranger because I did no damage against any enemy, I am ashamed of your game developers and decision makers. you need to remove this so called scaling. No player likes to be messed over by any company. I wonder how many vip members you will lose over this. you should be working for your players, not against them as you are. Why waste my time and money on a game that is so anti player it's pathetic. I've been rpging since 1974, so I know a good rpg game and Neverwinter is no longer one. you think about what the comments that are already on the internet say. It might shock some sense into you people.

Comments

• dagmurdagmur Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Again, I have to agree. A guild member was out in Chult, in the Batiri camp. He plays a tank / fighter who is already L 80, but still needs some boons and enchantments. Until now he was able to quest in Chult / Soshenstar. Since the patch, this no longer works. The shamans in the Batiri camp take almost no damage anymore and heal all the time. Even well equipped L 80, have little chance. I tested it. The same goes for the river district.

I have no idea what went wrong with the patch or if you are deliberately upsetting the players. The fact is that NW has become unplayable for new players. NW is supposed to be fun! But maybe you are having fun annoying us? In this case I wish you good luck. Angry players don't bring you money.

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    First i want to make clear that i am chaotic neutral and that enlgish ain't my main so i apologize for any bad grammar.

Now, NW as i know was never an RPG alone but an Action RPG, and can't deny that rn there is more action and ppl need to be more cautious when fighting than before (since before most ppl could stand on red floors or go ahead of the tank and aggro everything and survive with no problems or leaving it to the healer), so im happy with this change cuz teamwork is once again key.

If you feel you have no dmg it's cuz your stats (and/or cuz they need to fix the ratings of some areas), if you have way too much IL but your stats are the half of them i would recomend bring down your IL and then start working from there, you will see how your dmg and else starts increasing. At first i had a haaaaaard time understading the new changes (still have problems tbh) but after talking to some guildies and changing things i can understand a little how it works.

This happened in Mod 16 as well and i would like to tell you the same thing my guildies back then told me: "Your stats are there, you just need to fix them".

I understand really well your frustration, even tho i didn't play RPGs that long, it's a real pain to re-grind, spend money or the AD you were saving for anything else. But sir, this changes will be tweeked over the time to find a balance that will give a challenge without feeling useless, we just gotta wait. As usual.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Mod20 hasn't even landed yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    shugensha said:

First i want to make clear that i am chaotic neutral and that enlgish ain't my main so i apologize for any bad grammar.

Now, NW as i know was never an RPG alone but an Action RPG, and can't deny that rn there is more action and ppl need to be more cautious when fighting than before (since before most ppl could stand on red floors or go ahead of the tank and aggro everything and survive with no problems or leaving it to the healer), so im happy with this change cuz teamwork is once again key.

If you feel you have no dmg it's cuz your stats (and/or cuz they need to fix the ratings of some areas), if you have way too much IL but your stats are the half of them i would recomend bring down your IL and then start working from there, you will see how your dmg and else starts increasing. At first i had a haaaaaard time understading the new changes (still have problems tbh) but after talking to some guildies and changing things i can understand a little how it works.

This happened in Mod 16 as well and i would like to tell you the same thing my guildies back then told me: "Your stats are there, you just need to fix them".

I understand really well your frustration, even tho i didn't play RPGs that long, it's a real pain to re-grind, spend money or the AD you were saving for anything else. But sir, this changes will be tweeked over the time to find a balance that will give a challenge without feeling useless, we just gotta wait. As usual.

It seems you don't get the point @shugensha. Of course the Stats have to be fixed, but people don't know how! I personnally went to the Batiri Camp. While I was able to kill them and help my guild member, the whole thing felt total wrong. Devs messed up the old Zones, as well as the Dungeons. They need to fix this as well as to rework scaling or even remove it.

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Mod 20 is not released yet
    Elite Whaleboy
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I think my phrasing was all wrong, and i apologize for that. I do believe they need to fix this asap or at least go back and make the changes slowly.

What i wanted to say is that the best we can do rn is wait.. Maybe until the next mod.
    I didn't played the old content maps but yes dungs like MC and TONG and as a healer i can say "my god, what have they done?".
    Since then i ain't playing no quests nor grinding my daily 100K RAD.

This is on todays patch:
    Combat Rework

Most enemies now deal less damage than in the previous patch.

Gotta love the details.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

dagmur said:

Again, I have to agree. A guild member was out in Chult, in the Batiri camp. He plays a tank / fighter who is already L 80, but still needs some boons and enchantments. Until now he was able to quest in Chult / Soshenstar. Since the patch, this no longer works. The shamans in the Batiri camp take almost no damage anymore and heal all the time. Even well equipped L 80, have little chance. I tested it. The same goes for the river district.

I have no idea what went wrong with the patch or if you are deliberately upsetting the players. The fact is that NW has become unplayable for new players. NW is supposed to be fun! But maybe you are having fun annoying us? In this case I wish you good luck. Angry players don't bring you money.

Another Patch, another failure. How hard can it be to fix those shamans in Soshenstar? We went there with my L 80 Paladin and a l 80 Fighter having Xuna as companion. Two shamans stood together, took almost no damage, still healing themselves. It took us 3 - 4 minutes and some healing potions, to kill them. Great job. I am done with this game for now.

• flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Its areal; shame when that Barb's greatsword feels more like flinging a paperclip in terms of damage. My stats are fine, dodging and even hitting when have CA does not even help in Blacklake with either a l63 Barb or L30 rogue. My armor still may just as well be made out of paper. I am nothing but a toy soldier. Its not that think that my greatsword should be a clearing stick....but I should do some relevant damage.....I understand the only way to succeed in this game now is to buy your way to 53k.....well if that's the case I will go back to WoW
  • thelawra#4078 thelawra Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    shugensha said:

I'm no expert when it comes to stats but I do know that if "teamwork is once again the key", solo players might as well just uninstall now.

And I wonder that if you start from the beginning (let's say: a complete, F2P newbie), what chance do you have? You'd play with what the game gives you and that's it. I'd say you'd be in for some god awful time.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User

shugensha said:

I'm no expert when it comes to stats but I do know that if "teamwork is once again the key", solo players might as well just uninstall now.

And I wonder that if you start from the beginning (let's say: a complete, F2P newbie), what chance do you have? You'd play with what the game gives you and that's it. I'd say you'd be in for some god awful time.
    Tried that....initially it is playable until you get to the middle of Blacklake (around L20) You don't have companions yet and your weapons only inflict paper cuts on the orcs in the Merchant guild.

• scoutcavscoutcav Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So The new Combat mod is a total mess, You have a history of bugs never being fixed, ie Incubus wings for players don't flap. Enchants we leveled up to rank 15, we will either get half value or trade for ones that are bound leaving no leeway to make changes in future, I have 8 radiant rank 15's 3 bonding rank15, 6 empowered rank 15 with no idea what to replace them with and no help from any source. Essentially making my past 6 years making Cassi My Barbarian Blademaster Master Profession worthless and time wasted, It feels like I have been robbed. You C.A.P. Program is a lie, there was to be be upgrade in professions and new recipes , new resource maps where removed and few pieces of gear had level raised but worthless in use in new content. I lost 91% gold bonus on my low level toon and 84% on Cassi. How can I afford to continue professions even using daily mechanical altars on all 3 characters. I have sent in past 6 years 8 to 12 hours a day. The idea Of spending that time any other way is so appealing. I Cant see any players left in Game in next month or so I'm sure everyone will leave. Yet Here comes new content. This all feels like out right Theft by you. I just might be done with mmo's