test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Apology

2»

Comments

• arain#3660 arain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am a new player who was leveling up my first character and enjoying the progression and then over night it became impossible to do content in a area that drops items to actually increase my characters abilities. Before the trash mobs were possibly too easy but now they are impossible in groups of more then 3 and not even easy then. If you are doing a mini boss who summons help you go from making progress on the boss to dead almost instantly. Trash mobs do almost as much damage as the boss. The emergency patch they did helped a little but ratio of level and damage still too high. Area of effect attacks are now useless unless you are a long time player with high item level stats. As the game now currently sits its almost impossible to do pve content to improve your character.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    When upgrading companions to mythic, you gain 2.5% on that comp at that level. So you can slot 5 and gain 12.5% total. Each comp you upgrade though raises TIL and lowers each stat .4-.5% across the board. So if do all 10 to get max companion bolster, you lose 5% on power, and every other stat? So you get weaker by 40-50% across all stats to gain 12.5% on specific ones? Upgraded Iron Golem, got 1.3% more def, and lost .4% on def at same time.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    To the apologists who are saying, it’s a free game don’t like it don’t play.
    You’re not helping and in fact alienate more players.
    Because that’s what they ARE doing.
    Check out how many legacy guilds and Alliances have moved onto Blessed.
    Free <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Console players have no access to preview, we have to watch the mess devolve on all media. Then search where we can to try and prepare for the mess, because so far it’s been a huge buggy mess.
    Every game needs change and a refresh, it has to be so the game survives.
    It still has to be playable for the AVERAGE player.
    That’s who’s really getting lost in the mix. The OP wants an apology, what I think we really need is a fix to a rushed rework using the PC player base as Beta testers, the majority who responded being End Game or content creators.
    This is an escape from RL stress, it’s not supposed to create more.
  • spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

We knew the changes were coming.

they gave 24 hour notice it was going live after weeks on preview with a ton of feedback that was not listened to and bugs not fixed. your comment is invalid even if they gave us more then 24 hours notice it was going live because it was still broken .
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User

they gave 24 hour notice it was going live after weeks on preview with a ton of feedback that was not listened to and bugs not fixed. your comment is invalid even if they gave us more then 24 hours notice it was going live because it was still broken .

Not really. They were on PUBLIC PREVIEW FOR WEEKS AFTER ANNOUNCING IN A POST THAT THEY WERE COMING

My comment is not invalidated because you disagree with it.

We knew they were coming.
    Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Not really. They were on PUBLIC PREVIEW FOR WEEKS AFTER ANNOUNCING IN A POST THAT THEY WERE COMING

My comment is not invalidated because you disagree with it.

We knew they were coming.
    the 10% who read forums knew a change was coming the 1% of playerbase who got to preview had thier headaches kept telling cryptic what wasnt working
    like northside i am fine i have my build sorted over on preview
    cryptic ignored the lot and pushed this onto live still broken with less then 24 hours warning to any of those who dont have twitter (like me)
    everyone was side swipped even the content creaters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suW9JmOehQA
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User

the 10% who read forums knew a change was coming the 1% of playerbase who got to preview had thier headaches kept telling cryptic what wasnt working
    like northside i am fine i have my build sorted over on preview
    cryptic ignored the lot and pushed this onto live still broken with less then 24 hours warning to any of those who dont have twitter (like me)
    everyone was side swipped even the content creaters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suW9JmOehQA

I mean, sure... except it was on the launcher as well...

Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    an apology?
    cryptic hand those out about as often as they hand out refunds.
    neither one exists in their reality.
  • shiana112002#0705 shiana112002 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @stark760 said:
    > When upgrading companions to mythic, you gain 2.5% on that comp at that level. So you can slot 5 and gain 12.5% total. Each comp you upgrade though raises TIL and lowers each stat .4-.5% across the board. So if do all 10 to get max companion bolster, you lose 5% on power, and every other stat? So you get weaker by 40-50% across all stats to gain 12.5% on specific ones? Upgraded Iron Golem, got 1.3% more def, and lost .4% on def at same time.

That's exactly what I noticed on my main account! The stronger the comp, the weaker the char actually gets, since the high quality comp raises TIL, while the char's stats remain the same. So the gap between char stats and max TIL gets bigger, and consequently the percentages in ratings go down.

My legendary comp didn't help much in "Portal to Tuern" (Tyranny quest: Protect the Portal), but my green (uncommon, is it?) Neverember Archer Guard killed the Green Dragonfangs (these nasty things with the bow and the rooting) with ease. This seems to me a major flaw in the whole system. Higher quality companions should directly increase the percentages, not the TIL. I guess all these calculations need a second intensive look by the devs and maybe also some thinking.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    what about the exploit stardock lockboxs that players made millions of astral diamonds from cause sure did not forget about that one