test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just roll it back

maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
Seriously. Just roll this stupid thing back until it's working as intended. Unless, of course, killing years of character progress and feeling of accomplishment was the intent.

Comments

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    It was the point. Start over, and spend the AD they gave for nerfing the bondings and try to get a decent build...which they'll change again soon after everyone adapts.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I don't feel like they have killed any of our progress. If anything our sense of accomplishment should have improved with the harder difficulty of the game. An endgame player will have way more stats, even in scaled content, than that of an average player. I'm sorry that you can't faceroll things anymore, but honestly, who considers that to be fun when it happens everywhere. If you need that feeling, just go back to lower level areas and faceroll there.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I don't feel like they have killed any of our progress. If anything our sense of accomplishment should have improved with the harder difficulty of the game. An endgame player will have way more stats, even in scaled content, than that of an average player. I'm sorry that you can't faceroll things anymore, but honestly, who considers that to be fun when it happens everywhere. If you need that feeling, just go back to lower level areas and faceroll there.

It isn't about facerolling anything. It's about years and years of progress and money that thousands of people have put into this game to develop and progress our characters. If you want a challenge in old dungeons that was always easily accomplished by rolling an alt - a simple solution for a simple "problem".
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Not worrying about faceroll. I'd like to be able to do content without knowing im going to have to hit a life stone or die in 1 shot and have to pop a scroll or wait for revive. In mod 16, yeah i didn't like the tank changes of them removing ITF and other things that made the tank fun to play. I played more on my barb for a few months, but COULD tank, just thought the mechs were much more bland than pre mod 16. These changes make it so I could not tank, without massive overhaul. Them nerfing the total of guild boons, is probably my main gripe. People upgraded that due to how much HP/power it said it gave. Now, they changed the total. I've already been asked if we are going to change guild boons. If they are going to change the totals after people have bought them and built them up, at least us switch to another boon of same level. Content being harder...ok. Stronghold marauders taking 7 people over a min to kill a catapult...thats broken. Scaling me 160k HP in TIC, regardless if I have a lot of HP slotted, or 380k in TONG, or 320k in LOMM, is not a good thing, not about facerolling.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are not going to roll it back.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • dagmurdagmur Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    There will probably not be a roll back. I think that would hurt the ego of some developers.

NW has several problems. The communication, the exchange with the players, with the community, is only one of them. Very few players read the forum or Twitter. NW life takes place in the zone chat. Other games have Game Masters who make global announcements. They don't have to be Cryptic employees. NW has enough good and honest players as well as content creators on Youtube who might take on such a "job".

The new system should, no it MUST! be reworked! Now!
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

on another thread and on reddit there is a player with 50k + il that cost him millions and millions of ad to make
    there are 3 screenshots of him
    one in pe with 600k hp and doing 6k dmg
    next is in tic with 400k hp doing 4 k dmg with 50k il
    next screen he took off all enchants all compaion gear all collers and took himself down to 40k il
    surise suprise taking away millions of ad worth of equipment he had 400k hp doing 4k dmg
    so your point is quite frankly wrong if a character with 40k il has exact same hp and dmg (let alone stats are probably better balanced as 40 stats easier to reach then 50k stats) as a toon with 50k wth is the point of trying to max your toon

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

They are not going to roll it back.

of coarse they wont cryptic messed up royally but they wont admit they were wrong