test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.123.20210105a.6

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11483493

Comments

• elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Ty cryptic for fix sprite 😁
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Good change with the Chain of Scales - it'd occurred to me that it would be nice as it boosts Awareness but forgot to mention it so I'm happy you guys thought of it as well :+1:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Good start, But I believe you missed a major problem, that regards one of the reason you gave for doing this update. Better scaling and easier gearing between scaled and unscaled content.

With the floating stat cap due to item level. Combined with that you have a bigger item level increase compared to combined rating increase. When you upgrade gear you are lowering your stat percentage making yourself weaker in scaled content which is the majority of the game.

Upgrades should never making you weaker for some content. Either lower item level or increase combined rating so we can maintain our scaling percentages when upgrading

Yet there are people who have 90% in all offensive stats already...with 50k+ iL
  • spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    arazith07 said:

Good start, But I believe you missed a major problem, that regards one of the reason you gave for doing this update. Better scaling and easier gearing between scaled and unscaled content.

With the floating stat cap due to item level. Combined with that you have a bigger item level increase compared to combined rating increase. When you upgrade gear you are lowering your stat percentage making yourself weaker in scaled content which is the majority of the game.

Upgrades should never making you weaker for some content. Either lower item level or increase combined rating so we can maintain our scaling percentages when upgrading

Yet there are people who have 90% in all offensive stats already...with 50k+ iL
    1 person not people lol for a whole 2 seconds and it wasnt even a practical build for dps
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    No fix for LoMM Boreworm? It is VERY hard to stay alive in the Boreworm stun/Hypo phases now.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    "Enchantments and Enhancements

Negation Enchantment once again properly increases in efficacy as it ranks up."

So no change to the amount or percentage enchantments/runestones/boons offer?
    Guess they will continue to be much less useful. Might be why you are more or less giving away Trade bars now :(.
  • auchter#3810 auchter Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Its good to see a quick response to something that should never have happened.

However balance is out on most epic dungeons still. LOMM boreworm is frankly ridiculous for a 25k ilevel entry dungeon - 40k+ ilevel healers struggling to get past one aoe phase. Similar for TIC, second boss is crazy now.

No objection to dungeons being a challenge but tune them for the intended ilevel.
  • netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It says they lowered the damage to most enemies so we'll see if it's actually true. Finally a good patch for people who can't get through the content as easily as others.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    well whoever managed the boreworm got to Trobri and his new surprise mechanic - his red zone can't be dodged and follows the tank wherever :D turns faster than the speed of light :D:D
    edited January 2021
    Flame Sprite wasn't a nerf - it was a correction and should've been expected as players reported in the bug section.

If anyone bought one due to the damage output with the previous update, they should've done so knowing there was a very good chance it would lose its extra benefit (a roll of the dice).

• netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User

It says they lowered the damage to most enemies so we'll see if it's actually true. Finally a good patch for people who can't get through the content as easily as others.

Lower damage is nice, but I'd wager they are just HUGE hitpoint sponges still. You may not die from their damage, but you may die of boredom instead.

We'll see lol
  • zen#3578 zen Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    :astonished: from the bad patch notes. so many problems u created. problems that werent there. problems and problems
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User

well whoever managed the boreworm got to Trobri and his new surprise mechanic - his red zone can't be dodged and follows the tank wherever :D turns faster than the speed of light :D:D

Lair of lostmouth breath attack does the same.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    The rings from Mog/Garys are back to giving too much of stats as in preview patch before update :S
    +9900
    +6600
  • haludor#3628 haludor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Reading over the patch notes. Yeah, I'm not going to bother even working in my workshop much less go through a skirmish. I'll log in to grab my key and log out. This whole rework and subsequent updates have been a complete failure.
  • rucky#9277 rucky Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Okay guys, Patch is live.

And I am not sure what to think about.
    I am an early 80 level HR, got with some cheap AH gear to 29K IL, and am doing Sharandar Campaign.
    While it was a REAL HEADACHE to make any Dungeon there (because of these little Debuffing HAMSTER (Powries) been everywhere and you can't kill TWO of them in that time they depleted your Action Points, which I HAD to have on that End Boss to kill him so fast that he can't just spawn dozends of even more little HAMSTER....

But now....
    I don't know, perhaps I got fire steeled during these last few days dodgeing and fighting for my live on any even small encounter (group) of the little HAMSTER... but that was not even a walk in the park. I got driven on rails through it while eating a 10 feet icecream in BOTH of my hands.

I'm feeling strong again :-)
    But I have to test more to see if it's not overdone on the other side, because I got used to that difficulty especially in that area...

// edit: okay, now playing Undermountain Terminus region and here's better. Perhaps a little easier than before Patch but not too much (that is 4-Bullet Minibosses are WEAK, having just a bit more HP than 1-Bullet Mobs and Mob-Groups still need Dodgeing and using any Power (even Dailies) you have to not get you down on HP. Multiple Groups still can bring you down but 2 groups are now atleast survivable without Health potions with some little skills.

As I recall Sharandar is some level 60 while Undermountain here should be some 75?
    So this would be inline with easier regions being easier again...

away for more testing...

// edit 2: Random Dungeon are now better too, slower what it used to be before these combat changes (what was bad for me, no, for anybody besides that Rusher 3 miles infront) but still "fast" if you have an experience group.

So far, these changes I like!

It's better. But I still wonder why do have "Mini-Bosses" (4-Bullet Monsters) so low HP that don't even last a few seconds (using 2 Powers on them and they are down already) while 1-Bullet Mobs also need both Powers to even kill only ONE of them, making a Dodge and Bouncing-Back-Gameplay needed?
    For me, Minibosses could even need a bit more HP, but GROUPS of Mobs could still be a tid easier... as now it's the way to that (Mini) Boss what takes time and is stressing, not that (Mini) Boss itself (besides he has lot's of Minions around and can even call more Minions...
    Post edited by rucky#9277 on
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Flame Sprite wasn't a nerf - it was a correction and should've been expected as players reported in the bug section.

If anyone bought one due to the damage output with the previous update, they should've done so knowing there was a very good chance it would lose its extra benefit (a roll of the dice).

Yes ofc everyone should have expected that, but thats for ppl like us who go into preview, check the forums, etc. A random player won't expect that and there is the problem, if it could have been done on preview why did it have to be pushed to live and hurry the changes like they always do? this is not a beta (i assume)
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Rings are broken again.

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Rings are broken again.

Tha heck @_@?! It's more than half of my pre patch def... on a tank XD
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
    edited January 2021

armadeonx said:

Yes ofc everyone should have expected that, but thats for ppl like us who go into preview, check the forums, etc. A random player won't expect that and there is the problem, if it could have been done on preview why did it have to be pushed to live and hurry the changes like they always do? this is not a beta (i assume)
    The update has only been out for a couple of days so most people that knew about the extra damage would've found out via the forum. If they didn't have a flame sprite already they only had half a week to find out through 'gossip' and the person starting the gossip probably found out from the forum...

Yes, the change shouldn't have gone live, but that's a different story. I hope players aren't going to be demanding 'compensation' for exercising their human right of being silly as & when they see fit.

@nitocris83 @cryptic39#8917

I'm just looking for a clarification on one of the newest changes:

The patch notes say "Chain of Scales: This item now grants equivalent stat values to Bel’s Relic."

By Bel's Relic, do you mean the Forger's Box? Because I don't know anything about Bel's Relic and neither does the Neverwinter Wiki.

• rucky#9277 rucky Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Rings are broken again.

yes lol, and I wondered why I got some 43K Critical Strike Overshot on my 29K IL... lol

BUUT when things got a bit (<==!!) more stat per item level increase that would help maintain our % while "upgrading"...
    perhaps these "Rings" are seen as a "compensation" for all our "low-stat" equipment things....

lol.

no.
  • shadowstarhtid#1607 shadowstarhtid Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    1 star enemies? And the rest?... New players can't keep buying hundreds of potions to get a few quests done. I'm now 80, managed to by pass the wall you threw me into and i still won't be able to get through the Fiery (pit) quest line without spamming potions all day, dude you are talking almost 1 potion per mob a lot of the time... Not cool.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    The chain has been scaled to the box, which gave fewer percents. The buff to stamina gain for me is .05%. Hope I never get that bonus stat.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    moving in the right direction though it would be nice to actually inflict damage I still cannot do enough damage to kill mobs with all the dodging and rolling, gaining CA it is still not enough and this patch while better is still in the not fun category Let me know when the next patch comes out. None of my characters can survive in this game as a solo player. Very unhappy and still want my money back.