test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open discussion on fighters as of Jan 22

stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
Hey all, hope to get some constructive comments from the community about the fighter changes. I've noticed a few things that have hurt more than the stat changes or rework.
1) they nerfed the 4th master boon, now doesn't do reflect. Hard to make a build around that when it doesnt do that anymore.
2) they nerfed the bladed rampart daily, now giving defense instead of damage resist.
3) they nerfed the stamina, it goes up 1/2 as quick as before, and drains off 1-2 hits now.
4) they nerfed the block to have a 1 sec delay
5) at wills are now proccing 108 damage on some hits...ridiculous
6) threat is impossible to keep more than a few seconds, probably because our damage is a joke.
7) they nerfed all companion equip down to 750 stat per piece, so farming ME's all those times means nothing, you lose almost nothing to slot a different 1010 piece and not go through trouble of going for specific stats.
8) upgrading companions actually drives down our stats: upgraded the iron golem to mythic, gained 1.3% defense...lost .4% at same time on defense due to higher total item level, and .4-.5% on EVERY stat. Upgrading the 6th-10th companions is worthless if we are going to drop 2.5% on everything.
9) slotting collars also hurts every stat
10) slotting mount bonus hurts every stat
11) boons have been switched in guild to be 37.5% of what they were. So HP boon is now a waste many in guild have been saying. If going to change the boon structures, please allow us to switch it to another boon of same lvl.

I'm sure there's more other people have noticed. Please give some feedback about what you've noticed the last few days.

Comments

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    After running some more content, each area you run will be it's own experience. Example: The red lady t2 hunts, or any other t2's, are a joke now, they don't hurt at all. Don't lose stamina at all, can take every hit and lose almost no HP. Flip side, dungeons are the complete opposite usually. TIC and TONG are like playing a different game, lose all stamina and 90% of life on 1 hit in many instances. I'd say to avoid the harder dungeons, as they are "scroll eater" designed IMO. Reminds me of when TONG was new and groups went through massive amounts of resources to be able to complete.
  • scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    I just been looking at what other fighters did and it looks like dropping ilvl where we can is the only solution as there are not enough sources of stats if we are in the 52/53K ilvl at least from my experience. I am able to complete all the content as before, but not without many embarrassing one-two punch that makes my shield useless and no readily available way of regenerating stamina.

On another note.... I am very disappointed that the patch notes did not contain any class balance notes so I know what is/ is not working anymore. Not that I do not trust my own eyes, but stuff in preview change all the time and if we are not told they are being implemented or what is being changed... well.... frustration happens.

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
    Had to strip all source of HP. No mount power, guild boon, or companion if possible, or radiants(1200 hp now just dumb). I left harper bard in for awareness %, but otherwise got dragonborn brawler off wondrous bazaar for deflect/awareness, upgraded watler, and slotted green slime i already had upgraded. For now keeping deep crow on the offense so my power isnt hovering at 41%. Swapped guild boon from HP to awareness, and changed mount to crit avoid from HP. Loaded into TONG with 51k IL, had 892k before changes...went down to 506k. LOMM went to 570k.

After changes, my HP dropped to 809k, dont think thats enough, but have to see. In TONG, i went down to 417k HP.In LOMM 504k. So they scale the HP even if you dont have as much slotted. Lost the same amount in each place pretty much and had already lowered my HP 83k. In TIC, Im scaled to 650k now. End result

Have to try it out tomorrow and see how bad the loss of HP, combat adv, and pow will be.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @stark760

What consumables do you use?

I can see that you are using the forgers box instead of the awesome chain of scales, swapping those would mean a massive boost to EHP.

I don’t know if this is your main tank loadout, but not utilizing the fighters number 1 threat generator Threatening Rush is gimping your threat generation.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Maybe a stupid question guys, but. Is it worth it to add HP after the combat changes ? I mean HP is getting scaled in content, does the 16k HP from a companion power getting scaled too? What's the point having a radiant or a HP companion slotted when it gets scaled ? Same goes for Mount passive power etc. Or maybe all these sources mentioned above are not getting scaled down and i'm wrong.
    I had respecd something, so it reset all my skills. that was the auto fillin.
    rjc9000 said:

stark760 said:

1) they nerfed the 4th master boon, now doesn't do reflect. Hard to make a build around that when it doesnt do that anymore.
    7) they nerfed all companion equip down to 750 stat per piece, so farming ME's all those times means nothing, you lose almost nothing to slot a different 1010 piece and not go through trouble of going for specific stats.
    8) upgrading companions actually drives down our stats: upgraded the iron golem to mythic, gained 1.3% defense...lost .4% at same time on defense due to higher total item level, and .4-.5% on EVERY stat. Upgrading the 6th-10th companions is worthless if we are going to drop 2.5% on everything.
    9) slotting collars also hurts every stat
    10) slotting mount bonus hurts every stat
    11) boons have been switched in guild to be 37.5% of what they were. So HP boon is now a waste many in guild have been saying. If going to change the boon structures, please allow us to switch it to another boon of same lvl.

Universal nerfs, not Goofy Fighter specific.
    stark760 said:

2) they nerfed the bladed rampart daily, now giving defense instead of damage resist.

Although it sucks that Bladed Rampart only gives Defense, the +Awareness from Sharpened Senses is very useful and fantastic, due to Awareness being a stronger damage reduction than Defense (in places with forced boss CA) and due to Manguard not having a Forte in Awareness.

And I believe it was *intentional* that you only can get ~60-75% Awareness normally. You're supposed to use the +Awareness daily attacks right before big hits to survive.

Or, if you're stupidly rich like a certain cape dorf, use Second Wind instead because you can get a native 75% Awareness with every single pet/gear imagineable...
    stark760 said:

3) they nerfed the stamina, it goes up 1/2 as quick as before, and drains off 1-2 hits now.

Stop trying to block every single attack.
    stark760 said:

4) they nerfed the block to have a 1 sec delay

I played the DPS side and Guard seemed as fast and responsive as it's ever been.
    stark760 said:

y
    5) at wills are now proccing 108 damage on some hits...ridiculous

Probably your weapon enchant.
    stark760 said:

6) threat is impossible to keep more than a few seconds, probably because our damage is a joke.

Spam more Threatening Rush, Retaliate, use Shield Throw with the Shield Thrower feat every 6 seconds.
    I do use those skills. Sorry i forgot to reset skills when i used retraining on something. If 1 shot drains all stamina in TIC, lol, just die on 1st hit then? Anyways, i get it, deal with changes, they killed every HP that we ever built up, including changing values of guild boons. What people do agree on that they shouldn't have changed(like bladed rampart), there's a small silver lining in that too? The delay makes it so if not early on block, doesnt work. Its like a hesitation, Barb DPS have noticed in unstoppable proc now as well. On the stamina regen, try taking it down to empty from being hit, and watch the regen, even with 65%. Draining it can be an issue, as most content now doesnt do any damage, and then others is a 1 shot. The Red Lady does no stamina drain when she hits and you block. But I'd say before it took 2, maybe 3 secs for the bar to fill with 60% stamina regen, now 4+ secs.
    tardbath said:

Maybe a stupid question guys, but. Is it worth it to add HP after the combat changes ? I mean HP is getting scaled in content, does the 16k HP from a companion power getting scaled too? What's the point having a radiant or a HP companion slotted when it gets scaled ? Same goes for Mount passive power etc. Or maybe all these sources mentioned above are not getting scaled down and i'm wrong.

They scale you based on you TIL, or damage total they figure, and then scale to that content. In TONG, with 890k, i went down to roughly 510k. When I removed 80k+ HP, TONG still scaled my HP the same amount, i went from 809k, to 418k. So having more HP doesn't make you lose more due to the scale. They scale you based on TIL and take of an amount(380k in TONG), and if you take off some HP< they still scale 380k at 51k TIL.
    In TIC they are scaling 160k HP at 51k TIL, so at 810k HP, i have 650k in TIC. At 890k, i drop to 730k in TIC.
    wilbur626 said:

@stark760

What consumables do you use?

I can see that you are using the forgers box instead of the awesome chain of scales, swapping those would mean a massive boost to EHP.

I don’t know if this is your main tank loadout, but not utilizing the fighters number 1 threat generator Threatening Rush is gimping your threat generation.

On consumables, usually was using guild food for speed to keep up and small stat bonus for power/defense/etc didnt seem as good for the speed %. On elixir, was using AP gain messing around recently. Potion, have a bunch of rank 10 +1 potions giving 3450, so bounce between deflect/defense/power for now, dont think flask of potency worth using anymore. On event food, i can use caprice, but didnt like the 10% defelect bonus beofre changes, as it screwed up feat to keep defelct/crit avoid/awareness evn. Usually pop grand summer feast if really needed, since it was giving only 1.5% deflect instead of caprice 10%, and pow/accuracy/etc helps some i think.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Keep the discussion on topic. The comment someone made about getting paid was a joke. I don't even get paid for this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Yesterday I rode my GF Tank and had no difficulty. I completed LoMM, MC and MSVA and just didn't complete ToNG HC because of the group I was in, but it was content that could be finalized. I believe many are not taking advantage of the potential of the class in which they play for lack of knowledge and this is succumbing to their own flaws that are getting noteable now that the game is more ''difficult''.
    I also ran LOMM, the 2nd boss now has issues. The rocks that fall now take 2 hits many times to break, and 2nd round they fall quicker. Trobriand ray now cant be blocked or stopped by getting out of the red. Tank being told to just stay in front of trobriand and not move, as trobriand moves his ray with the person with threat? If you move, the ray looks like its fixed in wrong spot. Bosses weren't that bad, but many of the trash mobs are still overpowered, like when you go up steps to fight the larger demon after the imps( i think they imps), the imps are deadly, larger demon melts. Content can be run, but seems like they want a few deaths on 2nd phase and trobriand.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    i am able to tank tomm and zariel with 44k item level. the only change i have done from before was leveling up 2 companions, and swapping 3 insignias. i still use blue/purple companions that i have had before because they give HP. Dig In is just too sweet and lets me gain that awareness to reduce my damage taken
    My GF tank will be the Character that I will least change and this in terms of cost has made me happy. There is the problem of scale affecting HP, but this does not reduce the importance of each HP point added. Many are seeking immortality by trying to max cap each defensive status which I find a waste - perhaps because my tank doesn't own a DPS build. The Combat Balance Feat is sensational and blends very well with the Companion Enhancement Fortification Bonus. Still today I post an image of how it is without me having made any investment, since I directed everything to my GWF main char =/
    Well, this week I was in a crazy bet and i could barely play, but yesterday I had a time and managed to log in to my GF and really understand the numbers I need to reach. This is an analysis for those who will not be tank solo and who thinks a little on DPS since mechanical as mimic in LoMM require this from Tank.

Starting with Awareness, this is so much said to be the best status to achieve, it is actually what the class has the most, since in the TAB mechanism you gain 15% and with Blade Rampart you get 30%, which if used at the same time you would only need to achieve 55% Awareness in your character. Remember that you have 3% of this attribute whenever you use Chains of Scale.

Defense and Critical avoidance via Forte; yes, that's your best choice. The GF Forte gives you 50% Defense, 25% Critical Avoidance and 25% Accuracy.

Other points to stand out in my choices is that first I would not use this set, it is only in the build because it is what I own and I have no power to invest in this char at this time, but my first choice would be the set of the Avernus event and with it I would wear the helmet of pit fiend. Another very important tip is that the gear you choose does damage reduction, and it doesn't affect your Defense's statuses, such as whisper of the shadow demon. They give damage reduction which makes an excellent combination combination with vallalha's set, but this makes me miss HP and item level. Finally, the reason my choice of mate was Lulu (this bonus is not in the program, but I own the companion, and if there are any 1 doubt able to read your description within the game) was because I was a tank and needed all the status and gain of +5% HP that currently give me +/- 27k hp and this is more than the bonus of a mythical mount for example.

You can access my build in the excellent Rainer program with the nick Black Lotus Pancadão da Bahia.