test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATE - [PC] Enchant & Runestone Exchange Dates

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2021 in News & Announcements
The Exchange for PC has been extended by a week - it will now end Thursday, February 11, 2021.

The Radiant Enchant and Empowered Runestone exchange will be available on PC until 7am PT Thursday, February 4, 2021.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• dazdranagon88#4986 dazdranagon88 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Please clarify this concerns the exchange of Runestones of Fusion for astral diamonds? I have a lot of small stones, what will become of them?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Wait, what? The exchange will go down before the mod even goes live? How do you expect us to know which and how many enchants to switch before we even get the chance to see how things work when it goes live?

Combat changes are live now. Between now and the 4th is your test window.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Wonderful. I have two weeks to rework the builds on 20 alts. And it isn't merely a matter of swapping out enchants and runestones; it *will* involve scrambling for different companion gear with a different mix of offense and defense slots.

I would really like to know the rationalization for such a short window.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I agree that this is too soon. It's binding enchants as you use it so whats the rush? Leaving it there benifits the future you anyways when the meta changes again. Now we can't sell our enchants because the bind status. If we need something different after using the exchange it needs to be made and that means pres/coal wards.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Please clarify this concerns the exchange of Runestones of Fusion for astral diamonds? I have a lot of small stones, what will become of them?

This does not affect the Bonding Runestone exchange. This is only for Radiant Enchantments and Empowered Runestones, which were what everyone used to stack Power before the changes.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Halflings.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    greywynd said:

hustin1 said:

Halflings.
    I snorted very unlady-like. (I apologize to the halflings)
    - bye bye -
  • beckar83#7761 beckar83 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    UMMMMMM so you guys LIED on the twitch stream last week then? Because it was said that the exchange was going to be here to stay.....
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User

UMMMMMM so you guys LIED on the twitch stream last week then? Because it was said that the exchange was going to be here to stay.....

Well, i guess the Bonding Runestones exchange is going to stay? Or at least that's what i'm hoping... but i wouldn't be surprised, if that option was gone after the 4th too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bilosta#2909 bilosta Member Posts: 15 Arc User

The Radiant Enchant and Empowered Runestone exchange
    be available on PC until 7am PT Thursday, February 4, 2021.

• mythwar05mythwar05 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Tenho conta desde 2014 e desta vez vou me despedir desse jogo. Horrível as alterações que fizeram, estragaram tudo. Desenvolvedores só querem dinheiro. Deixaram o jogo impossível para fazer o pessoal gastar. Acabou a diversão galera!!!
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    i don't even know how to go about this other than WHY

WHY is this even a thing you guys feel you need to do???

WHAT THE FRAK is even the reasoning behind this other than to force us into something we might not need/want and then later have to spend time/money/effort to fix?

is there some weird cyber role playing storage limit that the antiquities scholar has?

"hey guys i can't keep exchanging these many, i'm gonna run out"

WHAT THE HAMSTER IS WRONG YOU GUYS!?
  • chindogu#8958 chindogu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    How about including insignia of brutality and dominance in the exchange as well since these are now essentially useless - both in their value in AH relative to the other more important insignia AND for any loadout that focused on power before. I have literally unslotted every single power artifact, armor mod and all my dominant's and brutality's (9 leg total) to get power to parity. All this at a hit to IL (and to my wallet in losing the $ I spent on those insignia) and now these are now less than half the value of skill and aggression insignia, now critical for damage.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > The Radiant Enchant and Empowered Runestone exchange will be available on PC until 7am PT Thursday, February 4, 2021.

Please post this somewhere in game, alot of players do not read the forums
  • shantiel316shantiel316 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So the Radiant Enchants I need to get rid of? Getting more & more confused as hard as I'm trying to be patient and understand
  • hamsterhero99#6999 hamsterhero99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    You can keep the bags in inventory and wait lol .....
  • wizenia#3624 wizenia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > The Radiant Enchant and Empowered Runestone exchange will be available on PC until 7am PT Thursday, February 4, 2021.

Weee cant wait for ps4 launch
  • kotoko#5870 kotoko Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I had no idea that it was possible or desirable to exchange Radiant Enchants until I saw this thread title by happenstance. There is no mention of this in the Combat Rework posts, or in the Launcher.

Can someone explain to me simply (as someone who does not understand and does not care to understand the technical details of all the optimisable stats) why I would or would not want to exchange my Radiant Enchants?

This explanation should of course be the developer's job, but apparently they do not care for it.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Because there was no real "cap" on power (rads in offense) before, but now there is. This changed the game from stacking power, so many people wanted an option to trade radiants (and empowered runestones) in.
    The trade will leave you with bound enchantments however so you ultimately lose the radiants market value. (Which is jumbled now)
    It's ultimately everybody's own choice but the game is changing too often to rely on the exchanged, bound enchants being useful for a long time imo.
    - bye bye -
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I've been advising most people to hold on to those enchants and runes. Power can still be helpful for Tank and Healer paragons who don't get Forte, or using them in Defense slots instead.

And also, because of what's been said, they may be useful again and why hang onto new bound ones instead.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

I've been advising most people to hold on to those enchants and runes. Power can still be helpful for Tank and Healer paragons who don't get Forte, or using them in Defense slots instead.

And also, because of what's been said, they may be useful again and why hang onto new bound ones instead.

My tank has focus on Forte, and won't use a radiant on its equipment. Forte for my GF is a bonus compared to an enchant of 3 status: 50% Defense, 50% accuracy and 50% critical avoidance, why wouldn't I use that?