test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everything useless now except companion buff and bolster?

xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
I just realize most stuff has way less impact on you with combat rework.

Regardless of item level and combined rating, Enchantment = 300-480 stats= 0.2% damage, insignia= 600 stats= 0.3% damage, rings=3000 stats=1.5% damage.
With combined maybe the damage is doubled but still everything has low impact.

Before combat work,
Enchantment= 2400 stats+ = up to 3% damage, insignia=3000 stats=up to 5% damage, rings = 20k stats= 10%-30% damage (if It is crit Ring)
Also people have much more degree to diversify builds without combined rating.

If you compare the impact of most items you feel now most items are almost useless.

The only useful stuff now is your companion mount bolster and the companion buff, which has relatively the same impact as before the combat change.

Isn’t the change to big for people to adapt to? If most items are useless why would people spend time to farm those? Even the end game weapons celestial weapons seems kind of unnecessary, there are other items that work relatively better than celestials, like lionheart weapons for some class, the stronghold weapons or even the outdated stronghold weapons.

The only thing that motivates people now is to log in and buy some companion upgrade tokens to upgrade your companion and increase bolster, which make you feel much stronger.

Devs need to increase the impact of most items that is grindable and make most content more friendly to medium level players and average end game players, before the game turns into wallet warriors game.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think enchants should not give Item Level and combined ratting, so you would see the progress upgrading them. Now is the same having a rank 10 or rank 15 more or less.

Boons make a difference because they doesnt give IL, and companions make a difference because bolster and they give % to other contributions. Items could give good bonuses, but enchants and runestones are a fail IHMO
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • xvimn134xvimn134 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Pve boons from compaign is more powerful than before the impact is still limited, the most useful one is %power, 5 boons give you 1% power which is less than 1% damage but power is too easy to cap now for dps. So 1 month of grinding one compaign and get less than 1% damage upgrade come on... also stronghold boon less useful now since it gives 3k stats instead of 8k
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Cryptic's recent producers seem to have been on a drive since about mod 14 to make everything basically the same with little ability to differentiate your characters. Fewer build options, fewer path choices, less choice in gear, fewer options for companions.

I think it was about Mod 15 or 16 that I wrote a reply with the comment "Neverwinter: everything's the same, only now it's more so" or something like that. They've only continued farther down the same path since.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User

Cryptic's recent producers seem to have been on a drive since about mod 14 to make everything basically the same with little ability to differentiate your characters. Fewer build options, fewer path choices, less choice in gear, fewer options for companions.

I think it was about Mod 15 or 16 that I wrote a reply with the comment "Neverwinter: everything's the same, only now it's more so" or something like that. They've only continued farther down the same path since.

This comment can not be stressed enough.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2021

I think enchants should not give Item Level and combined ratting, so you would see the progress upgrading them. Now is the same having a rank 10 or rank 15 more or less.

Boons make a difference because they doesnt give IL, and companions make a difference because bolster and they give % to other contributions. Items could give good bonuses, but enchants and runestones are a fail IHMO

the only thing that could actually make me grind this game is if devs actually focused on the character itself and actually made enchantments and boons relevant and a big part of your char. I loved back when you could feel much more powerful between a lesser lightning and a perfect/transcendant one.
    they could do another of their "scrap if off" rework, get rid enchantment slot, make it universal (not slotted to equipment), quadruple stats, triple secondary weapon/armor enchant effect damage or some s*** like that because bloody hell the diversity is so whack. Hell give us 3 weap/armor enchant slots as well, 2 or 3 more ranks. That would be fun. Back to the grind of og items. I couldn't give less of a ... to upgrade mounts. Come on.
  • tuzvirag#3193 tuzvirag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    90% of the Equip bonuses ended up totally useless as well. Since Power is a capped stat, - and very easy to be capped with an average ITL on lvl 80 - the majority of the buffs has no effect at all, those are all overflow. Same with Def. and Crit. Strike. Particularly in a party.

And only a very few items give us Awareness or Deflect as a buff. (and Def Severity doesn't exist at all)

I feel like they completly forgot to re-think the item stats and take a look at the big picture. This full re-work affets a lot more aspects of the game than they expected.