test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Changes - Launch Live Issues

Comments

• gangofchanggangofchang Member Posts: 4 Arc User

With the new system, tanks should feel tankier and necessary for all dungeons, skirmishes, and trials

Nop nop and nop. Tanks arent tankier, they are squishy. i have a paladin 50kIL, Ihave tried all combinason as possible its bad all the time.

Tried TOMM several times, and here are my thought. i like the fact that we need 2 tanks again, but tanks as high level as me should not pray they can survive a second ball, or that halasters at-will will one shot you.
    In my opinions, tanks should be able to tank 2 balls no problem, 3 should be fine with mitigation 4 very risky and 5 deadly.
    The dps have less dps than before, wich means the P1 is taking more time, so no need to nerf tanks that much cause we wont be able to tank 10 balls anyway.
    Another feedback I have is superstorm/firestorm are doing way too much damage, healers need to spam too much divinity for it, and especially during firestorm, healers need to take care of the dps, but halaster is also using his atwill and chargin a ball. and most of the time its a death here cause healers cannot do both at once.

My advice would be to reduce damages of halaster and/or increase the efficency of defense.

Before the combat change, the learning curve for TOMM was nice, it took some people weeks to get to finish it, and some other months. But everybody had hope and could see improvment as they were training. I have a tomm training discord myself, helping the community as much as I can, but now I don't even want to get in there, especially as a tank, its too painfull and the reward is too small in comparison to the difficulty/time spend for the trial. I mean if I, as an experienced tomm player, have to try for month to find the right team and pray for every mechanic to go right, before hoping to finish it a couple times, I'm just not going to run it ever again.

Sad cause it was a great trial.

• lolilevebylolileveby Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've been thinking about this. Now, when your Total Item level determines everything else HP, stats, damage, well, aren't you basically making everyone the same? There's only a certain amount of Item Level, once you've got that, that's it... no diversity, might as well make us all the same. DPS'rs need to hit hard, Tanks need to shield and healers need to mitigate, 10% or 20% is neither here nor there, it makes all healers the same all tanks the same all dps'rs the same and not much difference between them at that.
    Am I right??
    Because if I am I don't see the point in playing anything other than a damage dealer = not much point in playing, for me at least.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    During the Dragon-Turtle boss encounter in FBI, the Black Death Scorpion companion bugs out and repeatedly unsummons/resummons to the practical effect of not being able to use this companion during the fight. This bug was reported in Preview and made it to live. Please take a look at this companion.
  • gangofchanggangofchang Member Posts: 4 Arc User

With the new system, tanks should feel tankier and necessary for all dungeons, skirmishes, and trials

Nop nop and nop. Tanks arent tankier, they are squishy. i have a paladin 50kIL, Ihave tried all combinason as possible its bad all the time.

Please tell me how, after just a couple of days, you've tried every combination possible...

You need to get your Defense to 90%
    You need to get your Deflect and Deflect Severity up to around 70%+
    You need to get your Awareness up over 60%

Tanks need to pay attention to defense stats now and basically ignore offense stats beyond what they need to grab and hold aggro.

Dha, I did, but try doing tomm with those stat, even 77%deflect. its hell. dual tanking 2 balls each, you pray everytime he uses his at will.
  • clamdark#8706 clamdark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello everyone,
    after a 2-years period of not playing, I started again to play neverwinter - after that combat update. Of course almost everything was reset. Therefore I wanted also set my boons. But huge surprise, there weren't any points to spent. Everything is greyed out and the system says, 0 points for you mate. I have got any campaign done, exempt of the new ones and acquisitions incorporated, because this campaign wasn't that interessting.
    Then I switched between all my loadouts - no boon points available. I also got this issue with my second character. I was so desperate to consult my wife (she starts again before combat update and everything is fine with her boons). After complaining that I am too stupid to set my boons, you just have to open the boons tab and ..... We get to that point, she saw that everything was greyed out. Then I got a: "Ok that is not normal, you have all of the campaigns? Yes, sure... No idea, contact the support". What I did, and the support said, that this may be a game bug and the issue was redirected to the dev-team, but it is also a good idea to contact the forum, yada yada.
    Second issue I have is, that I am not able to select any power in my companion window. There is just no power available. Don't know if this issue is connected with the boon issue?
    Then I said, ok, let's bring it on. So I pushed myself through the undermountain campaign without any boons set. Then I got to the point in this campaign, where you get your first boon point as reward. And this one single point is available now. But where are the other points cryptic? Where?
  • mrchaos92#7997 mrchaos92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just started playing for like a week on a DPS barbarian. Level 63. Everything was fine untill this update came. I literally cannot progress. It is ridiculous. I can hardly kill like 3/4 mobs at a time. If there come more than 4 , I die instant. Even tried as the tank paragon but even worse. I quited few days ago and will not return untill this 'combat rework' gets deleted.
  • bryce#2259 bryce Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I noticed at least 5 times my companions have been sent away when switching zones with at least 3 characters played. Maybe something broke with the comp window changes. It's a bit troublesome to see if it's a bolster comp without a physical form, e.g. black stone. So you may notice it only by viewing the comp tab or by bad iLvL.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Harvester of Nightmare - Sister of fury

Chain of Spite mechanic.

Chains popped, and I was instantly dead... If there was any warning for chains, it wasn't noticable/audible immediately before hand like it is in CR (although, even in there the timing can be really off).

[Combat (Self)]Nightmare Sister of Fury deals 605283 Unavoidable Damage to you with Spite.

No idea if this mechanic does this much damage in CR, as it's pretty much the one dungeon I've refused to run for something like 12 months, as I find it to be the least enjoyable dungeon in the game.

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • fujithevampirefujithevampire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    As a new player, I also have to give feedback. I have 2 characters a lvl 68 paladin that was levelled before the patch and a barbarian that was levelled after the patch.
    The paladin had problems with some groups before the patch and died 5 times up to lvl 65 and needed about 50 healing potions. After the patch, he needs 2 to 4 healing potions per group. Boss fights in story mode that are supposed to go alone are unmanageable.
    The barbarian played very tough up to lvl 30. Up to the current level he has died more than 30 times and needs between 1 and 4 potions per group.
    Small groups of 2 to 4 mobs work without potions, but as soon as a respawn occurs due to a timer or more mobs spawn during a boss fight, it is almost impossible to kill this group.
    There are groups that onhit the barbarian and the paladin with a critical hit.
    As a new player, I have neither VIP status nor ZEN invested in companions, so I only play with the standard gifts that I get through crates or rewards. With this equipment it is more than just tedious to lvl. Fun is something else.

At the same time I see that my healer companion gets 300 to 800 damage from mobs that hit me with 4000 to 12000 damage. The companion also manages, when he attacks, to do more damage to the mobs than I do with the barbarian and the special skills.

The last point is bosses and mobs. In the single-player instances, there are sometimes mob spawns of bosses that are unmanageable. The mobs have more HP or defence than the boss itself. Sometimes 6 to 12 undead spawn on a boss as soon as the HP of the boss is at 50%. After that, the boss can only be defeated with extreme difficulty, if at all. The damage that arrives through the adds is many times higher than the damage of the boss, at the same time the defence of each mob is higher than that of the boss.

Mount Hotenow is no longer playable as a paladin, because I already die in groups of 4 or 5, and I don't even need to talk about boss fights.
  • marek276343marek276343 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hello, I can't select feats on barbarian tank, if i choose feat it is still unselected, but the ""choose this feat" button is missing, i can still select the other one, and if i do, it's still unselected and now i have both feasts unselected and missing their "choose this feat" button, all feats have the same problem.
  • marek276343marek276343 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Hello, I can't select feats on barbarian tank, if i choose feat it is still unselected, but the ""choose this feat" button is missing, i can still select the other one, and if i do, it's still unselected and now i have both feasts unselected and missing their "choose this feat" button, all feats have the same problem.

The problem persists after retraining all skills.

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I have read the entire thread and have little to add to it...that said.

If your intention was to "balance" out the players you could have not used a larger hammer here if you tried. Enchantments/runestones/boons went from something to be proud of while also being wanted/needed to MEH.
    I get it you wanted to make power/combat advantage/hit points have caps, but why didn't you just do THAT!

I am just logging in currently to use my daily keys, and HOPE you fix this "mistake" because if you do not, no matter the rewards offered, it will, I feel, be the death of this game. Although I love the combat systems and flow of the game I can find another game to play easy enough.

Next one I find though will treat it's players more like customers and less like lab rats or I won't even download it!
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    bjb#1016 said:

Dear developers at ARC,

I’ve been playing this game a lot for the past year. I’m a lvl 80 Ranger, item lvl over 29k. As defensive skills were never the strongest qualities of a ranger, I compensated for that with a strong companion. I invested a lot in my companion and in companion influence because that improved my character in a very balanced way (almost all stats simultaneously). Now in one blow you’ve taken away half the possibilities to improve a companion and you completely ditched companion influence as a concept. Most of what I invested in (like bonding runestones and upgrading enchantments) has been lost. That might just seem tough luck for me and anyone else who invested in companion and companion influence, but there’s more at stake.

Most importantly: by taking away a whole concept, you’ve changed the rules of play during the game. And now you’ve done that once, there is no reason to assume you won’t do it again. That means that whatever we invest in, can be made useless in one update. I now certainly think twice before spending real money in this game by buying ZEN.

On top of that: One less attractive feature of this game is that there are a lot of repetitive actions. We keep on playing the same quests again and again. The reason we keep on doing them (at least for me) is that we are developing our character by earning boons, acquiring items, etc. and progress to harder areas. Now why should we keep playing to improve our characters, if one update sets us back so severely that we can’t even survive areas that we have unlocked and mastered long ago?

There’s just no drive anymore to keep playing this game. You took out the sense of building up a character and the feeling of making progress. Frankly, you took out exactly those elements that made the game fun and gave me a reason to keep playing it.

from what i have heard this is time 3 they have done exact same thing last time was with mod 16 2 years ago
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Please tell me how, after just a couple of days, you've tried every combination possible...

You need to get your Defense to 90%
    You need to get your Deflect and Deflect Severity up to around 70%+
    You need to get your Awareness up over 60%

Tanks need to pay attention to defense stats now and basically ignore offense stats beyond what they need to grab and hold aggro.

thats fine for someone (like myself who has play tested on preview for 3 months) to say
    but 99% of the player base hasnt
    50% of the player base dont even know what preview is
    i knew exactly what i had to do to get my toon viable and it still cost me 8 million ad and 5k tradebars knowing i was making 0 mistakes
    one mistake and that cost can double
    tell me how many players can afford that kind of outlay (and yes i used 0 zen as i will never put another cent into this game i saved like crazy and sold everything worth even 10 ad since october)