test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BiS Weapon for Mod 20 !!!

so, for fun i equipped the start up weapon we get when we create a new character...the adventurers pact blade (ilvl25)

killed the dockmaster in Avernus with no issues
killed Garyx and Mog several times with no issues
farmed 2 t1 lures and killed those hunt bosses -no issues
and just ran a Demogorgon doing 22million dmg...admittedly i came 3rd

i just find it bizarre that this should even be possible, the first weapon we get, in almost end game zones and it works just fine
a friend , who is a barbarian also tried it on his character and reported no issues on Valenhas mobs.

both of us only lost 200 damage rating...thats pretty moot when you're still 5975 rating.

any real point using lion or indeed any other set at all?

i think this is a bit of an issue.
meanwhile i think i will try levelling with the same weapon 1-80 and beyond, but ty cryptic...at least i dont have to worry about upgrading :)

Comments

• melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    The only point on using "real" weapon sets is for the item level and bonuses. But i agree, this is dumb. My weapon set of choice as a tank is the elemental water, 575il on legendary, and i see it working way better than higher item level ones.
  • ultramath#3953 ultramath Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    So, uh.... has anyone considered that maybe some old artifact sets might be interesting or useful to revisit? Didn't the old Valindra set do something with control powers before? I wonder if a wizard might want that kind of thing, seeing as how losing a little bit of TIL isn't so crippling.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Of course people did consider... Preview forum, discords, reddit, some streamers.
    - bye bye -
  • dagmurdagmur Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    The more I read in the forum, the longer I play after the changes, the more I have to wonder. NW has been systematically broken for years. Whether on purpose or for other reasons, I leave undecided. But who knows, maybe we players are just too stupid to get behind the brilliant changes. I'll take a look then and see if I can find some old equipment. ;)
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    there is one weapon set usable after rework and that is lionheart it is now the one and only weapon set to have
    but good luck finding a group to run tomm now
    you might ask why well there is no other weapon set available to give you (now) a 7.5% damage boost constantly
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User

there is one weapon set usable after rework and that is lionheart it is now the one and only weapon set to have
    but good luck finding a group to run tomm now
    you might ask why well there is no other weapon set available to give you (now) a 7.5% damage boost constantly

my point is that ANY weapon is usable, as dmg is based on you dmg stat, sure...set bonuses are there for whatever reason you want to use a particular set for..but BiS? no, there is now only best for build.

set bonuses are now as selectable and specific to your build as companion utils bonuses or mount equip bonuses..but they are not the be all and end all.

i could boost dmg using other gear and equip say the burnished or the mountaineer set to always boost my defence in combat..it depends on what stats i need to raise or cap. and what i specifically require .

whether i run a dungeon with a start-up weapon or burnished or celestial, im hitting 22 million dmg because my base damage is applied and then multiplied by my selected powers via 'magnitude'.
    i could out dps someone using lionheart if my powers are bigger magnitude with similar cooldowns. if the difference to my dmg stat is only 200 points between the first weapon we get in game, and the last set, then using the same attacks i will always be doing damage with a narrow range difference.

there simply is no 'one and only weapon set to have'

there simply is no 'one and only weapon set to have'

I can't even say how many times I have seen somebody in zone chat or here on the forums complain about being FORCED to grind out brand new content for the latest weapon set, the latest armor set, etc. It's been A LOT.

People have felt for years like this game was simply about chasing the highest number, and it felt empty.

After your discoveries with the starter pact blade, has this changed?

There's still going to be grinding, don't get me wrong. RPs don't always just fall out of the sky for you. Insignia powder isn't going to magically appear in your inventory without you earning it somehow. But I have a feeling that when people get used to the new system, the growing pains will have been worth it.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Meh there will always be a BIS set. If there is no weapon damage, there is a best set bonus. Theoretically it could be situational, but practically you can only take away originality to a certain point - especially if you are set out to design BIS weapons as the sole reason to run specific content - then you actually are supposed to make them so good they are BIS.
    Letting LH or Celestials be "so bad" that you can actually run ancient weapon sets to equality refutes the point of the "real endgame" as it was designed. And it's not the case. LH are far better.
    *not again, spam filter
    - bye bye -
    edited January 2021

Meh there will always be a BIS set. If there is no weapon damage, there is a best set bonus. Theoretically it could be situational, but practically you can only take away originality to a certain point - especially if you are set out to design BIS weapons as the sole reason to run specific content - then you actually are supposed to make them so good they are BIS.
    Letting LH or Celestials be "so bad" that you can actually run ancient weapon sets to equality refutes the point of the "real endgame" as it was designed. And it's not the case. LH are far better.
    *not again, spam filter

Yes, LH is better for some more TIL compared to nearly everything else there is right now. If you need some more TIL, getting "better" equipment like LH will make a difference. But what if a set bonus from an inferior set makes a bigger difference in performance for you than LH? Also, if you aren't hurting for TIL from other sources, you can "afford" to run with other sets in a way that simply wasn't feasible in the old system because almost everything to do with ingame performance (even healing) was based upon what weapon you were wielding, and what were the numbers on that particular weapon?
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Masterwork sets are good for set bonus, and stacks the more people in party are using. 2% outgoing damage, 2% outgoing healing, 2% damage resist. So if all 5 people running, 10% on all 3. If 4 run and a dps wants to use other set, that dps still gets the 8% bonus from the 4 running, plus their own set bonus
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    How about Primal? Are those 10% damage real damage for 10 seconds? It does not mention the cooldown.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The point is many more sets are viable and legitimate to run with. This is a good thing.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @douglasopferbeck said:
    > The point is many more sets are viable and legitimate to run with. This is a good thing.

It's a bit overboard. While I agree more weapon sets should have been viable this is insane. Literally any weapon in the whole game does about the same damage.

There's no reason to grind for new stuff. There's literally no carrot any more.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The Chult Primal Weapons (700 IL) give +10% damage and outgoing healing bonus for 10 seconds whenever you lose 10% of health in a single blow. In my opinion these are competitive with Lionheart and Celestial, but have less reliability. They aren't going to proc when speed-clearing easy areas.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Of course, If you are speed clearing an easy area, you really do not need the Primal set to proc.
  • galdronegaldrone Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Mastercrafting V weapons if everyone has. Small drop to stats and IL but best overall bonus. I am sure I’ve got them in a box somewhere back here...

Companions, companion gear, runestones, mounts, mount bolster, mount collars, mount insignias, player gear, enchantments refining, artifacts refining, boons --->

Yeah, no carrot. Literally. There's not a single carrot in that list. Plenty of reason to grind though. :)
  • neverwinter#8437 neverwinter Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Companions, companion gear, runestones, mounts, mount bolster, mount collars, mount insignias, player gear, enchantments refining, artifacts refining, boons --->

Yeah, no carrot. Literally. There's not a single carrot in that list. Plenty of reason to grind though. :)
    you can just play 15 min a day to get them very easily no need to grid
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    or stay at lvl you at, they scale you each content now, so be equal to others, so everyone the same. Even new unrealeased dungeon has cap IL already.

you can just play 15 min a day to get them very easily no need to grid
    or stay at lvl you at, they scale you each content now, so be equal to others, so everyone the same. Even new unreleased dungeon has cap IL already.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

So, uh.... has anyone considered that maybe some old artifact sets might be interesting or useful to revisit? Didn't the old Valindra set do something with control powers before? I wonder if a wizard might want that kind of thing, seeing as how losing a little bit of TIL isn't so crippling.

One of my wizards has never stopped rocking the Valindra set, and her control bonus is in the high 70's. That said, I'm really disappointed that there aren't more ways to specialize in control bonus. She has to wear TEN legendary insignia of mastery to get where she is.

As for weapons, I've started transitioning back to the Drowned set. I'll never discard those.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured