test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Changes - Launch Live Issues

Comments

• ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    One thing I do like about increased difficulty at lower levels is that it can return tactics and strategy to even low level dungeons. Most random queues have that person or people that just facerolls and one shots almost everything. There is no strategy in the boss fights — just burn them down in a small number of shots. At least when it’s tougher, there is a need to return to strategy and tactics and knowing how to do the fight rather than just with overwhelming force.

THAT I like. But places like Cloak and Cragmire should not be killing high level, experienced players or taking a half hour to clear for very little reward. It is good that the enemies are strong enough that even high level players need some tactics, but not to this extent.
  • neverwinter#8437 neverwinter Member Posts: 4 Arc User

After a patch I should not have to create a new character to make an content playable....Plain and simple except for skirmishes and specific dungeons and events content should be playable solo. If one chooses to buy their way to godhood and then complain that the game is too easy it's their loss.

As it stands I have no motivation to continue and again money I did spend I fell was ripped off as the game is basically unplayable for those characters solo. I want my money back

Me and my friends have the same feeling we are falling back what ever the content is not at all playable. The End Game content
    TOMM is not playable with 2 tanks and 6 dps now. I have completed 500+ TOMMS sofar now it is not at all playable. We will see till M20 Release and say bye to game if its still same

• haludor#3628 haludor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    the agro seems to be effected as well, I'll start fighting a small group and the next group further away will agro too, which only makes the whole out of balance issue even more of an issue.

took my (lvl 80) wizard along with a friend (lvl 65) wizard to Drowned Shore, got over whelmed twice and died. that is a lvl 61-63 zone. your combat rework broke the zone lvl's, they are pointless numbers now
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Throne of the Dwarven Gods is overtuned. You can get gold but only when your with a group of ToMM ready characters. When you go in with a character that is mid game you get killed over and over.

Right now the way you finish this content is to go in and start the timer, die to the first mob set, wait until the 15 minute time is over by just standing at the fire and then kill the boss. The boss is able to be killed in the time window. The mobs in the previous phases you won't be able to kill them all in the time given to meet any of the phase windows and your going to spam potions trying to do it. Skirmishes now need a tank and healer in them to do them.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • madamdevilmadamdevil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2021

This menu give wrong information or something is wrong:
    I removed all companions and eq etc

Using Item Level contribution I should have:
    3k (from guild boons) +5k (initial IL value) + 4870 = 12870
    But i had 12310
    3k (from guild boons) +5k (initial IL value) + 2055 (combat power)+ 2055(equip power) + 200 (random mount bonus)?

I changed to preview and make boolster 100% and I ended with:
    5k + 3k + 3k + 200 -> 11200 item level (witout guild boons on preview)
    but tooltip shows 9k so I should have:
    5k + 9k -> 14 000 item level

So this item level contribution bonus is broken or something is wrong (also what is this random 200 bonus to IL from mount)?

2. I have 4x artifcats with 450 item level
    But only one give 450 (artifact in main slot - not matter which) - all other give just 300

Very strange behaviour and confiusing.

Post edited by madamdevil on
  • I don't get how companions work anymore but my first companion has lost all of his titles, I'm assuming he's bugged because my second companion still has his titles. My first was max rank 20 but now he only has the first title and his stats are very low. I don't understand how they're supposed to level up now anyway since there doesn't seem to be ranks or XP for them.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    *grabs popcorn*

The Game is like an 80s arcade coin op quarter sucker now

you get 3 lives ... one hit and you are dead 3 hits and bam there goes your quarter ./.

People dont have the reflexes and where with all to play games with "rogue" level like default difficulty anymore
    and want everything served on silver platters. The middle ground needs to be found

it is only so fun even for a high 53k item level machoistic Tune having to carry the entire group
    ( oo i get it now it is more like classic strategic never winter now ..blah blah ..)

people dont realize getting surrounded now / attacked from behind (all all bosses ).do brutal combat advantage damage ..and most people are not focusing on the awareness stat to counter it nor could afford too / even if they wanted too

any of my lols to posts are just pure sarcasm at this point
  • gorfeld#3849 gorfeld Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Been playing for week or so. Found much of the game too easy. Now I can't beat one mob at level. Game has become unplayable. Fix it or I will be gone in a a couple of days. Just sayin'.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

*grabs popcorn*

The Game is like an 80s arcade coin op quarter sucker now

you get 3 lives ... one hit and you are dead 3 hits and bam there goes your quarter ./.

People dont have the reflexes and where with all to play games with "rogue" level like default difficulty anymore
    and want everything served on silver platters. The middle ground needs to be found

it is only so fun even for a high 53k item level machoistic Tune having to carry the entire group
    ( oo i get it now it is more like classic strategic never winter now ..blah blah ..)

people dont realize getting surrounded now / attacked from behind (all all bosses ).do brutal combat advantage damage ..and most people are not focusing on the awareness stat to counter it nor could afford too / even if they wanted too

any of my lols to posts are just pure sarcasm at this point

If players wanted something like they should ask for a hardcore mode....when you die...your dead...and your deeds will be remembered....note you lose all items.mounts etc.. and need to start again at level 1. Make this a separate server.

This could be an opt in feature.

As far as getting surrounded, it's not possible to go anywhere not get surrounded when playing solo. Not sure what you mean by 53kitem level but I am sure I am nowhere near that level, nor do I expect other chars to carry me through.....in fact its annoying when you feel you aren't helping the cause.

If this was a coin op game I would pass it by.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @flyball#6248

gear score = item level yup : D r

as i am nearly fully upgraded best in slot/ end game Cw tune with 100% mount and companion bolsters max blah blah everything .. and its still hard in some places

yes it is possible to not get surrounded but very hard if you dont have a lot of movement stacked yes i agree its not a good feeling when you don't feel like you are contributing.

also a boss that cannot flank or surround you still does combat advantage damage now(devs thought it was a good idea to make awareness relevant .. was my other point
    and no one invested in the counter stats awareness ..

furthermore there is no dedicated awareness companion that offer solely an awareness bonus at 7.5% and very little tanking gear either offering it and one guild awareness boon if your guild has it

there are hybrid mythic companions ones x3.8%+3.8% awareness ..
  • anrkey99#4759 anrkey99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    To continue the simplicity theme maybe the devs, if they haven't already, should use the overall character lvl as another bonus to the "item-level" skill caps. So if you are a lvl 80 doing lvl 70 content there should be an additional bonus to attack and defense caps, for example, HP is base 10% of your item lvl but for each lvl above the campaign lvl requirement you get an additional 1%. Max it out at 30%. The same can be used for attack and defense.
  • khuas#9619 khuas Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    After the patch my paladin has no divinity. I've retrained and messed with loadouts and no luck. I was told by support to post this here.

All abilities requiring divinity don't work so this character (which is my main too) is unplayable.

Anyone else experienced this and fixed it?
  • sylverhawkesylverhawke Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The Batiri Shamans in Soshenstar have a single red dot above them similar to all the other batiri. However in order to kill the Batiri Shaman, you have to go through the entire rotation and about 20 hard hitting at-wills plus a daily. On one occasion I killed it by summoning my T-Rex mount to eat it. That is not the way to kill a single dot enemy I guess. Is this normal for the Shaman?
  • zaprobozaprobo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Avernus T2 Hunt
    Fighting Tier Two Hunt in Avernus - Reothadh the Frozen. Encounter feels broken - no danger to the team, able to tank it with minimal healing plus barely able to damage

Stronghold > Marauders Event
    The Marauders event feels like it hasn't been balanced for the new combat system properly - the catapults that are summoned in the second and fourth phases were nigh on invulnerable, and the mobs spawning from the portals seem to be coming at such a rate where we were barely able to succeed (finishing on 5 loot items, whereas previously we'd be capping out on them).
    Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
    http://zap-robo.net/
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    To all those people who said "dev's, it's too early to roll out an update this big with so little testing!"

You were right.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rucky#9277 rucky Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2021

ziggerlin said:

BUUUT here's an other point.
    There is ONE thing I really like in this update.
    REALLY.
    This is Dragons will not get ONE-Shotted by some of these "funny" (would name it differently but that could ban me) over-maxxed "players" without any other player can even land a single shot on that Dragon.
    Ebon Downs was such a case. Last week on one day I had to get four times into the encounter to finally get a shot landed.
    Really. This is good now, it takes 10+ seconds now there, and anyone can have a shot.
    And it scales also down, as I could kill him with two or three "lower levelers" in some minute too! So this is good now.
    Sorry, but THIS HAD to be said.

This I agree with. Many times the dragon went down in 2 seconds before some folks who had been waiting for minutes could get a shot off. It rarely happened to me, but I've seen it and it is discouraging.

I think I will like the new system just fine once the kinks are out of it and the scaling is fixed. There are packs of lower level trash that hit harder than bosses at level. I do like making even lower content at least a little more challenging -- there's really no challenge, and not much fun, in one-shotting everything on your way through a dungeon or a questing zone. I *want* those zones to be a little more challenging, and I welcome that. But it feels like there are level 60-70 areas where trash is hitting harder and killing decently geared Level 80 players than in the level 80 areas themselves. And while I think it's good to scale so that there is more of a challenge in the lower level zones and dungeons than there was before this rollout, they shouldn't be as hard (or harder) than content closer to end-game. After all, the rewards are lesser and a higher level player will certainly get no gear upgrades out of it.

Right now it's pretty painful to play in many places -- a lot like after the Mod 16 fiasco. But hopefully once the scaling is fixed and appropriate -- lower level content tougher than before, but not massively tough for someone with (say) a 30K IL -- I think it will be fine. But yeah, there's a lot of work to be done on that.
    The real problem with dragon encounters was missile vs melee attacks. Characters with high power missile or magical attacks can easily kill the first 2 dragons (Neverdeath Graveyard and Ebon Downs), before the dragon has landed which means melee only characters are SOL and doing any damage. The fix for this should be the encounter does not start until the dragon has landed.....not by making all the mobs and dragons tougher to the point that a non lvl80 nearly god like character cannot even get to the area to fight the dragon in the first place.

To give you an idea of what my experience is, try playing a lvl 15 character n a level 30 zone area. You cannot do enough damage and if that goblin farts you die. If you are melee based, hurled axes, knives and arrows kill you in 1-2 shots before you can even think to close the distance. This new patch has sucked all the fun right out of this game.

Now a DRAGON is a DRAGON.
    Sorry, but a Dragon should NEVER in NO Game be possible to be ONE-shotted. EVER.
    As it is now, even these Dragons in Neverdeath Graveyard (that one I never had that problem for me btw) and Ebon Downs (this one was the proplematic one as here I've seen most times at least 10 Level-80-Highend-Toons) do take at least 10 seconds to get it down.

10 Seconds. A Dragon. (for me STILL TOO FAST!!!)
    I mean... guys... I have problems with some Minions I have to fight 10 seconds on EACH of these, and sometimes fighting 2 groups (8!!) simultan, and this I think is too long, and as a non-yet-optimized-builded-Ranger getting difficult,... but .... a DRAGON??

THESE Encounters SHOULD take long and SHOULD take a whole group including level-80's to take down in an epic fight, not a
    "let's hope to get one shot on him" standing around a tea party...

Guys, I'm very new to the Game, while I got to level 80 already I am by no means good itemed.
    I had to directly have to LEARN where the Dragon exactly show of on his first second to already fire a shot on him, otherwise - EVEN as a Ranger - my shots did NOT fire / trigger EVEN when the Dragon was still in Air!! (which means already dead!)

EPIC ENCOUNTER. Pah.
    Seriously guys.

// Edit: to word it better (non-native speaker here):
    I like that Dragon take longer now (but I would even increase their HP even further, it should be an EPIC fight after all, not a let's stand 10 minutes around to HOPE to get ONE shot and that Gigantic Monstrosity...
    BUT on the other hand MOBS (also these Mobs standing around that Dragons btw - these were more a problem as the Dragon himself!!) should take WAY less TTK (time-to-kill), half it, at least minus 1/3, or give better/more rewards/loot drops, this would also be acceptable.
    Also Guys, I have first in my playtime SEEN these Dragon even have ATTACKS!! O.o
    Yes, didn't know that....

// Edit 2: after todays farming, that is after the last "fix" sadly the Dragons are back to Wannabees. 2 Seconds for Graveyards, 3 Seconds for Ebon Hawk eh Ebon Downs, yes the Name it's already telling it.
    It's enough to get a Shot landed, but an epic encounter is something ... different.
    Post edited by rucky#9277 on
  • rucky#9277 rucky Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I don't get how companions work anymore but my first companion has lost all of his titles, I'm assuming he's bugged because my second companion still has his titles. My first was max rank 20 but now he only has the first title and his stats are very low. I don't understand how they're supposed to level up now anyway since there doesn't seem to be ranks or XP for them.

This one I can answer:
    Any Companions are already at their MAX level now, that is they do not start at level 1 anymore, and don't need to be trained anymore. Appearance is now tied to Rarity level.
    White companions (with former max Level 20) can only have the FIRST Appearence unlocked, green ones also the second and so on.
    What you refer to "Title" is just the "Appearance name", you can let a legendary companion look like a white one too, you only get more options for his looks.
  • monk#2943 monk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sorry to say it but I still think the mobs are over powered after the quick fix.. I'm taking serious damage very fast, that never used to happen. They are not only harder to bring down but are healing each other pretty fast. As a solo player it's ruining the game. Why should we even bother trying to learn the new system and upgrading if in the future they will only trash all your hard work again. I used to have a favourite choc bar and after having it for decades someone decides to change the filling and ruined it. .all they had to do was make a new bar not mess with the one people had enjoyed for years. If it isn't broke don't fix it! is a saying that rings very true.
  • lolilevebylolileveby Member Posts: 14 Arc User

queue Groups which require a mix of classes stand less chance of success because they simply dont have enough dmg.

we took 5 DPS classes through Castle Never
    NO tank, No Healer
    NO PROBLEM

had we taken a tank and healer, the loss of DPS would have been problematic.
    i dont believe the new combat system was designed to sideline tanks and healers, but if its easier to succeed without them then thats effectively what you have done

i would like to add a quote from a team mate:
    'using 5 scrolls of life in a Dungeon, to reach the end chest and get 1 scroll of life as the chest reward for completion -SUX'

I chose my Guardian Fighter, now Fighter because the character is a tank, a tank is the role I wanted to play. It was hard enough before when people could do ToMM with only one tank and the tank was not required for most other dungeons either, now this has made us surplus to requirements.
    Neverwinter as a D&D spinoff really has so many classes because each fulfils a role, without that there is little diversity and we may as well be all the same.
    Now with Item Level being the most important thing for hitpoints and Damage, we are intrinsically all the same, no diversity, 20%hp here and 20% damage there is not going to make a huge amount of difference in the main.
    There was nothing wrong with the combat system before the change. The level 80 areas just needed to be scaled better and it would have been fine. Now it's all broken.
    PS. TIC No Tank Necessary, just so you know.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Some points on dungeons.
    Castle Never. The mobs that walk to charge up the sphere are too hard to kill and do too much damage (one shotted a few times) end boss, Orcus, however we flattened.

Temple of the Nine Gods. Souls at end boss are too hard to kill. Took us A LOT of attempts.

The Infernal Citadel. Scaling breaks it. Out experienced tank was scaled down to 650k HP (my ranger had 533k). So the tankbuster attack of 2nd boss (1.3 million, 50% effective) made it too hard. That's with ,90% defence
  • lockers#8240 lockers Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, new player here, I have a 52 Ranger who is my main and up until the combat changes went live was enjoying the solo experience via the leveling quests in each zone this game has to offer, but since the update, it has been an ongoing dodge fest akin to raiding and continual use of health stones almost every single fight and this for just the basic questing for the zone...

In all my years of gaming from EQ2 and WoW through to ESO, I have never encountered such keyboard button smashing just for your run of the mill questing, and if you dont follow this strict new guidline, you die, simple as that...

Now I can understand the need to balance this game, like in any MMO, but what I am seeing here is overkill and if they are going to keep these new combat changes in place then they definitely need to tone down enemy health and the damage they do quite a bit more, in the very least at places where we solo the leveling quests in each zone...

The recent hotfix was a start but still no where near to where it should be for us simple folk...I want to call Neverwinter home and I certainly want to spend more money in the game and support it as it truly is a fantastic game but until the solo experience is improved I am reluctant to do either...