test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master trials issues

jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
@noworries#8859 @lassor#2420 @asterdahl

A few comments about Tower of the Mad Mage and Master Zariel's Challenge on live server at the moment, after completing each of them:
  • Hypothermia is doing a bit too much damage, and it makes the double hypothermia mechanic very difficult. Its mostly a one shot, unless there is a lucky deflection. I think hypothermia needs a small nerf, maybe 10% damage reduction. Because healers are not able to fully cap critical avoidance, perhaps hypothermia is still critting and causing massive damage. If so, it needs to be changed to fit the current combat system and perhaps not be able to crit.
  • White out damage needs to be fixed, its doing practically no damage.
  • Electric floor is hitting for 0 damage per tic, that needs to be fixed.
  • Fireball not hitting for enough damage on the tank it seems.
  • Celestial Armory in Zariel's challenge (phase 4 to phase 5 transition) damage needs to be doubled. It is hitting for way too little damage.
  • White Noise needs a small damage reduction, maybe 5% to 10%, as even with full mitigation mounts (bulette / griffin / swarm / runic aura defensive buff 2.25% / shepherd's devotion 1.5% defense buff / holy avenger weapon enchant 3% defense buff / defenders banner 5k awareness and more damage mitigation), its still extremely difficult to survive the 3rd white noise in phase 5 and especially the 4th white noise on spinning scathing light + spinning cleave into WN x4.
  • Sword fall red areas are doing far too much damage. Even the slightest sliver of overlap and its a one shot. Maybe a 10% reduction there would be okay. And this is given that there are some defensive buffs lingering from the WN hits just before sword fall mechanics.
  • Rain of swords needs a small damage buff. Maybe a 10% damage increase, as it is not scary right now.
  • Scathing light damage is perfectly fine.
The trials are both doable without changing these^, but probably only by a hundred players or so. Maybe 50 to 100 for MZC.

Thanks very much,
Neko
Post edited by jman3l#5579 on

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited January 2021

The trials are both doable without changing these^, but probably only by a hundred players or so. Maybe 50 to 100 for MZC.
    Thanks very much,
    Neko

I agree very much with all of the above, but this statement stands out the most. Tower is doable, but not by a lot of those who could get through it before. The rough IL range in my completed run last night was 48k-54k. Had a few runs with IL between 38k-52k and failed each of them.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 another issue I am seeing is that armor breaker is stacking, and making the trial just as power creeped as it was before combat rework. Imo armor breaker needs to change in one of the following three ways:
    • Be removed from the game entirely
    • Leave it at 7.5% but do not allow it to stack, so only one raid member uses it
    • Nerf it to 0.75% and let it stack
    It is way too overpowered.
  • caster22#4686 caster22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree
    Hypothermia is doing way to much dmg. Not even on trials also in dungeons like lomm.
  • mntotoromntotoro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User

@noworries#8859 another issue I am seeing is that armor breaker is stacking, and making the trial just as power creeped as it was before combat rework. Imo armor breaker needs to change in one of the following three ways:

• Leave it at 7.5% but do not allow it to stack, so only one raid member uses it
    I dont agree. It is working as "INTENDED"

edited January 2021
    mntotoro said:

Maybe it is intended but its still too overpowered.
  • mntotoromntotoro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2021

mntotoro said:

Maybe it is intended but its still too overpowered.
    Intended and overpowered are two different things...

I forgot to mention fireball in TOMM, its not doing so much damage. I will edit opening page.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User

@noworries#8859 @lassor#2420 @asterdahl

A few comments about Tower of the Mad Mage and Master Zariel's Challenge on live server at the moment, after completing each of them:

• Hypothermia is doing a bit too much damage, and it makes the double hypothermia mechanic very difficult. Its mostly a one shot, unless there is a lucky deflection. I think hypothermia needs a small nerf, maybe 10% damage reduction. Because healers are not able to fully cap critical avoidance, perhaps hypothermia is still critting and causing massive damage. If so, it needs to be changed to fit the current combat system and perhaps not be able to crit.
    • White out damage needs to be fixed, its doing practically no damage.
    • Electric floor is hitting for 0 damage per tic, that needs to be fixed.
    • Fireball not hitting for enough damage on the tank it seems.
    • Celestial Armory in Zariel's challenge (phase 4 to phase 5 transition) damage needs to be doubled. It is hitting for way too little damage.
    • White Noise needs a small damage reduction, maybe 5% to 10%, as even with full mitigation mounts (bulette / griffin / swarm / runic aura defensive buff 2.25% / shepherd's devotion 1.5% defense buff / holy avenger weapon enchant 3% defense buff / defenders banner 5k awareness and more damage mitigation), its still extremely difficult to survive the 3rd white noise in phase 5 and especially the 4th white noise on spinning scathing light + spinning cleave into WN x4.
    • Sword fall red areas are doing far too much damage. Even the slightest sliver of overlap and its a one shot. Maybe a 10% reduction there would be okay. And this is given that there are some defensive buffs lingering from the WN hits just before sword fall mechanics.
    • Rain of swords needs a small damage buff. Maybe a 10% damage increase, as it is not scary right now.
    • Scathing light damage is perfectly fine.

Thanks very much,
    Neko
    @noworries#8859 please try to give high priority to those changes.
    I like that those trials are more challenging, but sometimes you die with no reasons, and sometimes you were supposed to die, and take 0 damage.

Thanks,
    Aster