test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Positive Comments on Combat Changes

I’ve read a lot of negative comments ( most I honestly knew were bound to happen)

How about a post with only Positive comments.
Please post a positive comment that you do in fact like about the New Combat changes etc . Could be gameplay , powers ( saw someone posted healing seemed better) etc

Comments

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    I've yet to find someone saying good things about the changes in-game
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    If you felt fights were way too easy and fast before, things should be better now.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Alchemy is now a valuable profession for both Buff and Healing potions.

Acq Inc instances don't technically scale anymore and seem a little easier than they used to.

That's all I can find.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • jarushk#5039 jarushk Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The only good thing I see is that the Tyranny dragons can no longer be one-shot.

As for Acq Inc: I did the weekly "Dungeon Maintenance" today. The goblins in level 2 of the dungeon were almost too much for my main (level 80, il 26.6k). I didn't try the other weekly quests because I'm really fed up with this new combat system. Fights are hard work now. They are no challenge, just pure stress.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Only positive i see, is that areas that were too easy for end game players, now will require more team work. Maybe some will learn old mechs of Cragmire crypt, or GWD, and find some enjoyment in the dungeons being "harder" or more challenging, or rehashing old content.
  • pyrielslight#9500 pyrielslight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Positive thoughts? I'm positive I'll never spend another penny on this game, so thanks for helping me with that Cryptic! :)
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @zimxero#8085 said:
    > The companion purple powers on the top left are now more interesting. Many are good instead of just two. I feel it's nice to get away from power and severity stacking as the only way to improve DPS with stats. Companions are now more interesting in general.. there is more variety. The difficulty is welcome by me, except where it is out of whack and needs downward adjustment. Groups will need to coordinate a little bit more often.. that's good. The game was getting to where if you were strong enough.. you could plow through an RTQ or REDQ almost alone.
    >
    > There is plenty of good here... it's just getting overshadowed by the bad... Lower character potency, over-powered mobs, and costly companion upgrading.
    >
    >
    > A lot of this could be mitigated by changing the %bolster table:
    >
    > Now
    > Mythic - 10%
    > Legendary - 5%
    > Purple - 2.5%
    >
    >
    > If we changed to:
    > Mythic - 10%
    > Legendary - 8%
    > Purple - 6%
    > Blue - 4%
    > Green - 2%
    > White -1%
    >
    >
    > The result would be that mid level players would have a mid-range bolster level instead of a low one. Using such an alternative scale would set a player with 10 Legendary companions at 80% instead of 50%. This would be much more alt-friendly as well. A player with 10 Purple companions would be at 60% instead of 25%. Personally, i think this would reset the balance to solve a lot of the problems we are experiencing.

I was just saying the same thing about the bolster
    Mine was
    White 1%
    Green 2%
    Blue 3%
    Epic. 5%
    Orange. 7.5%
    Mythic 10%

I think mounts should be the same as well . Mythics shouldn’t be double Legendary IMO
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Btw , ty for all the comments so far
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

The only good thing I see is that the Tyranny dragons can no longer be one-shot.

This is actually a very good point - and this was a real issue for low-level melee players, who couldn't get a single hit in before someone took the dragon down with a ranged attack.

So, congratulations - you found a real positive.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • maximax#7117 maximax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Dungeons are now more difficult, boss fight are longer and you can't burn them skipping all the mechanics (some boss still have low hp) and this is good, gameplay require some attention and dps need to pay attention to aggro so no more batman running away from the party killing everything (again some dg are not tuned well) but all of this is good only if the reward system is worth the time effort.

Dungeons are their own beast, some have ridiculous mobs and easy bosses, Malabogs. Some aren't too bad, like FBI i thought. TIC and TONG are way too geared to get players to burn through scrolls of life to get through id say, as it was in mod 14 i believe. The hunts are much easier now, the red lady does almost no damage, nor the fireball, or ice giant. Haven't tried Nightspine t3 since change. Not sure its a good thing to make them where you lose no stamina or hp, but get 1 shotted in TIC, like totally different formula.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Minor personal positive: The new patch made me look at my enchantments again and I found that my main, who has made it through Avernus and all campaigns before hand, did so with r5 - r9 enchantments. My secondary who has worse gear, also did the same. I thought that was pretty cool. Guess it's more lenient if the player (me) doesn't care to run dungeons. =)

For those curious, both (TR and HR) still perform around the same (time to kill ratio just like 1 second longer) prior to the patch. Just have to be more mindful not to be swarmed and to take cover if I run into mass-ranged just like in the old days.

As one who used to make foundry maps I can confidently say the strongest enemy in the game is a line of 50 basic archers and no cover. As soon as you put one rock or pillar, the archers are doomed... haha :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

They have finally fixed they zax.... Yay!

(By making rtq and req too difficult for pugs to finish)

... And then the hundreds of millions of AD from Bonding exchange just made the ZAX worse ...

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Only thing that was nice was the enemy HP bar change.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • binkypoo#1698 binkypoo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    As a newish player (~31k il after the patch) I'm enjoying the changes as it's made the game a lot more challenging. Before I was able to 1 tap entire mobs of enemies in lower level areas, now I find myself dodging around, moving, avoiding red areas like a crazy person, etc. The combat system is really shining a lot more now that I have to actually use it! :)

That said I feel like even basic fights are tough enough that when you look at say, completing an entire campaign the juice is no longer worth the squeeze for such small rewards. I'd prefer to see all campaign currency rewards at a minimum doubled if not tripled, to match the required effort now compared to pre-patch to complete tasks towards completion.

I also feel like the rewards for redq and rtq for example should be increased by at least 20 or 30% to match the new difficulty levels with increased chances for rare rewards.

Perfect example, I pugged "throne of the dwarven gods" last night and it was a catastrophe. People dying left and right, the entire squad got steamrolled. I'm sure a better squad/guild run would be smoother but the rare reward from that chest is "dwarven spelunking" and that thing should drop now at least 50% of the time instead of 1/500 runs or whatever it is now, lol

I mean that seriously, it's 10x harder so improve the reward chances by 10x to fit.
    My HP companions wanted a break, so this let's them get that by sitting off to the side now.
  • dustcow#4870 dustcow Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I’ve read a lot of negative comments ( most I honestly knew were bound to happen)

How about a post with only Positive comments.

Please post a positive comment that you do in fact like about the New Combat changes etc . Could be gameplay , powers ( saw someone posted healing seemed better) etc

LOL. Try a few runs of Cradle of the Death God with randoms and you'll get off the 'positivity' real quick...