test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issues with combat and companions after latest update

I logged in after this latest update to find that almost every mob I face no longer shows level, and effectively has been able to kill my lvl 61 character, including mobs that prior to the update weren't able to one shot kill me before. I also found my standard companions were stripped of all the updates that had been done for them. What gives?

Comments

• ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @buckstanza said:
    > Well, they certainly screwed this patch up. mobs i was having no problem killing are one shotting me... i've got one toon that can't get out of the safe area with out dieing and last nite it had no trouble with groups..
    > Major fubar...

Yep. I went to a minor heroics in the River District, something my (former) 22k paladin used to solo with relative ease. Today, groups of 4 were wiping on it -- even though my item level "increased" to 28k.
  • lauralh28#5972 lauralh28 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same, Level 80 warden and I've been romping through River District with little problem. But today I almost got killed by simple mobs that I could practically oneshot yesterday. Not fun at all.
  • netherdragon#0997 netherdragon Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    How can I progress or even play the game when your patch made it so I die instantly by fighting basic mobs? This makes absolutely NO SENSE.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    It certainly is no longer playable solo. Last night everything was awesome and this am after patch event the simplest of mobs one shot me...this along with not seeing fow level. I wonder if PS and Xbox are haveing the same issue.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I have been screaming like an idiot on preview forums and everyone saying it is fine and everyone using broken items that are not in this build to cap 4 stats and I love it

Because all of good stuff for end game that players should have you still did not figure out and need week to figure out a realistic build

Congratulations on proper testing new dungeon with potions and preview broken items

The system is working fine just make a realistic build and it will work dont use sorbet people to cap your stats and content can be cleared

Edit:
    For Alts it is hard and needs addressing that I understand
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User

It certainly is no longer playable solo. Last night everything was awesome and this am after patch event the simplest of mobs one shot me...this along with not seeing fow level. I wonder if PS and Xbox are haveing the same issue.

PS and Xbox will get the update in about a month... give or take.
  • haludor#3628 haludor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    they really know how to jack up the game. good job devs.

looks like I'll be playing something else till they realize they need to fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> update.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Yep. Time for "hotfixes and patches" Mod 16 all over again. I cannot tank LOMM anymore with a 40K OP, can get one shot by mobs in lower levels on my CW. You guys just pulled another M16-Blunderoony. I'm suffering flashbacks.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • valderage#3805 valderage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    As a CW of 32k Item level before today, I was very confident with running LOMM and soloing regular content. even had a few completions to BBZ and training TOMM. Today, Item level 42k and dying from mobs in the river district.
  • corpsismaximuscorpsismaximus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am glad I am not the only one loosing my mind with this change! Normally stuff that would be a challenge but beatable now are kicking my HAMSTER or killing my character in master expeditions in the yawning portal or the Space dock missions, not even going to talk about Chult or Ravenloft omg. Healing potions are not cheap and if I keep using them the way I am i will have no gold left or just let them mobs kill me and than have to burn through other kits after dying. I too have had mobs come to the respawn zone and smack me around. This is a royal mess that the Devs have made and if this is the way it is going to be from here on, I may as well let my account go dead as this is not fun and virtually impossible with out spending tons of potions or healing stones. At this time until things get fixed I will be taking a break from daily game play.
  • caenyyencaenyyen Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I play a healing Cleric. I now do half the damage I did than before the update and take at least twice the damage. I spent most of my time healing in solo encounters and not being able to deal much damage to survive. Go back to the old system!!!!
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Oh i need to prioritize more defensive stats...
  • cocteau#2398 cocteau Member Posts: 1 New User
    Good for you with your prioritizations and fresh sights on the game at your high levels, but as just registered player being about 4 days in the game and having some random armour put on I see no chance to pass through the basic pack of mobs at the entrance to the location of my level and my current starting quest. If high level characters are yet able to select what to do, fresh player following the main quest are not able to progress at all. I am forced to wait until any positive work will be made towards lowlevel newcomers.
  • andyblum#1018 andyblum Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"cocteau#2398" said:
    > Good for you with your prioritizations and fresh sights on the game at your high levels, but as just registered player being about 4 days in the game and having some random armour put on I see no chance to pass through the basic pack of mobs at the entrance to the location of my level and my current starting quest. If high level characters are yet able to select what to do, fresh player following the main quest are not able to progress at all. I am forced to wait until any positive work will be made towards lowlevel newcomers.

I´m not a new player nor a High level, just average, but I cannot play a thing yersterday post patch. Just breathing make my character be killed in a location where the mobs used to be 7 levels lower than mine...and in other easiest location where the same.
    I just don´t know what to do because I cannot keep continue with my quests...and obviously I DON´t want to be only playing in the workshop!
  • themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Cleric Healer, in FORTE gives to 3 stats: Divinity regeneration, crit severity and deflect.....
    OK SO... my question is Where do i see my div. regeneration?
    At the moment seems a made up stat and we all have the same no matter how much we put in forte. So please or add it so we can see it or tell me where i can view how much i have. Not how much pool , but my stat of divinity regeneration.