test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Changes - Launch Live Issues

Comments

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The forger's box is bugged and applies multiple secondary effects at once:

Also the forger's box has a item level of 200 at mythic that gets added to the character item level when it's in the potion tray
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    A group of us did a pair of random dungeons and got TIC and MC. In the Infernal Citadel, we had to go a little slower than normal but got to the first boss and then died. This was, for the record, NOT unexpected: With that party, TIC was almost certain to end us at the first boss. But after two tries, we abandoned and requeued, and got MC. MC was (as expected) a cakewalk, EXCEPT that Powries and Quickling Runners, basically any mob that expected to flank, would MURDER us if they got Combat Advantage. The bosses were WAY easier than the trash mobs.

It seems like Combat Advantage is tuned a little too high? The Bosses in MC died in seconds (Fulminorax got his three phases but still didn't last long while vulnerable) but we were NEVER threatened by bosses, only by rando mobs who happened to flank.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Additional run in Malabogs. The Fulmi's breath weapon is tracking players again and hitting outside of the red, even when the red stops rotating with the boss. This bug has occurred in the first run as well but I forgot while posting the first time. This bug has occurred at least once before in years past.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lauralh28#5972 lauralh28 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I also just got oneshotted off my Siegebreaker Griffon mount by a POWRIE in Realm of Malabog, which means a simple POWRIE can take 10% of my HP in one shot (IL 24K Level 80). This is increasingly disappointing.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Hmmmm , can’t wait for console update . Lmao . I was quietly hoping for a smooth transition but always knew we were in for a debacle . Oh > @forumaccount#7167 said:
    > The forger's box is bugged and applies multiple secondary effects at once:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Also the forger's box has a item level of 200 at mythic that gets added to the character item level when it's in the potion tray

That’s how it’s supposed to work , or so I thought .
  • kotoko#5870 kotoko Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Following the update, all my characters have one or more changes to Appearance Item and Colour changes, and reverting those manually is blocked by some strange 'stuck' cost in AD and/or Gold for some invisible change that I cannot seem to cancel, nor even to accept.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    In the campaign window the path of the fallen campaign has a green star next to it and the green text says "Until 1:00AM Jan 1, try this campaign regardless of your item level!"
    I guess the date is wrong.
    edited January 2021
    Appearance screen bug. The arm slot on one of my rangers reverts to no appearance (that is defaults to gear itself) and also the screen shows 1000 AD cost. This is only on one loadout. The other loadout is fine BUT applying that appearance (which is identical) to all loadouts doesn't change the bugged one.

ETA switching to the unbugged loadout and applying the item to all loadouts seemed to work after a few tries.
  • grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Jesus how people are overreacting.
    As i previously reported on the forums, Mobs are hitting for too much and have apparently more hp than bosses.
    Combat advantage formula is very Op comparable to the other stats and needs a relook (its making awareness more important than defense by a lot).
    The recommended Item level for req should be at least 35k if you want to put IC on there.
    The leveling up experience does not provide enough support for new players to survive, they need to get access to companion equipment and viable ways of upgrading/acquire mounts, companions and gear (especially shirts and pants).
  • valthonis12valthonis12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Jesus how people are overreacting.
    As i previously reported on the forums, Mobs are hitting for too much and have apparently more hp than bosses.
    Combat advantage formula is very Op comparable to the other stats and needs a relook (its making awareness more important than defense by a lot).
    The recommended Item level for req should be at least 35k if you want to put IC on there.
    The leveling up experience does not provide enough support for new players to survive, they need to get access to companion equipment and viable ways of upgrading/acquire mounts, companions and gear (especially shirts and pants).

I would have to agree with this, and maybe add that the second boss in LoMM is a bit much. That AoE is hurting even when clustering together.
  • tokoz#9550 tokoz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    lol. If I wanted patches like this, I'd have suggested hiring Ryan Dancy.
  • flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    In castle never, those moving green death spheres that you have to avoid to reach the final boss do way too much damage. I got instantly killed when the sphere touched me. This seems especially problematic for classes that cannot avoid taking damage by dodging past the spheres, like Paladins.
    Also, to repeat what has already been mentioned by others, mobs just do a bit too much damage, especially in skirmishes where there are usually no support classes to tank or heal.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Critter healers need to go away if this is how things are to be going forward. Ended up in Merchant Prince's Folly on random, apparently as a replacement. By the time we got to the end the timer was 0. The batiri shaman kept healing themselves and the other shamans, making them virtually immortal. And then there's the small matter of the tyro that the shamans also kept healing...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

In castle never, those moving green death spheres that you have to avoid to reach the final boss do way too much damage. I got instantly killed when the sphere touched me. This seems especially problematic for classes that cannot avoid taking damage by dodging past the spheres, like Paladins.

You can avoid the spheres by standing in alcoves, corners and such and letting them pass by. They were pretty much supposed to be instant death when the dungeon was new and that was how you got through them then if you couldn't dodge or didn't want to chance it.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Okay... first review on live after playing it on Preview for a while. I was taking more damage but dealing the same amounts as both if not slightly better. Problem is I was taking way more damage and it seems near impossible as a DPS to get my defense stats high enough to not have to use a lot of health stones. Scaling seems to be an issue. I like the idea of things slightly more difficult but did a Dread Legion wasn't doing nearly the amount of damage I'm used to on the Bone Golems. And the Zulkir definitely took 5 times as long to defeat. I would look at Scaling, Low level zone enemy damage and enemy Combat Advantage as things that will probably need to be tweaked. I think what the stats do to the characters are fine. Only bugs I saw were that unequipped Bondings were showing as being part of a loadout still with the book icon and that the Flayed Tome is a different item level than the rest.
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The funny thing is, many lower level mobs are killing me now (or making me guzzle potions) with harder hitting and insane combat advantage, but I've run the "ape" BHE a number of times today, and it feels badly nerfed -- its hardest attacks are hitting me for like 50k instead of over 100k and no one is dying. So I don't know what's up with the scaling, but it needs fixing, and quickly. And it seems like the level 60-70 zones and instances hit as hard or harder than the level 80 areas in some places.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Ran Tiamat today with Alliance. 1st Sehanite Cleric phase skipped completely, we went from Severin to the 5 Heads. Normally we don't go to round 2, but confusion lead to slow damage. 2nd Cleric phase was horrible, the slightest sneeze sent the Cleric's focus bar way down. A lot harder to complete this phase.

Eventually finished. Trash mob damage is pretty rough within the trial, and the amount of focus bar lost on basic enemy at-wills is much higher than before.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User

The forger's box is bugged and applies multiple secondary effects at once:

Also the forger's box has a item level of 200 at mythic that gets added to the character item level when it's in the potion tray

It works as intentended. However the percents have been reduced.
  • nghtwng92#1513 nghtwng92 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    My appearance items on more than one character were all sorts of messed up
  • strange41#8257 strange41 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    We are a new players. Im playing with friend like 2 DPS. We run maps and campaign until new patches, but now mobs are too strong as you know. I guess other changes in this patch like stats will be good about gaming. I think this situation of mobs is not suitable about new player and new characters.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Renegade Drow racial debuff - Faerie Fire - still seems to have 100% chance to apply to the targets (tested on dummies).

Butcher's Focus buff from Goristro Horns works but does not show up any icon that it actually works, so unless one checks constantly it's hard to tell if buff is even active.

Vallenhas Elite Soldier ACB bonus grants 300 Combined Ratings on Mythic quality, I assume it should grant 750 like everyone else. Also grants 22% dmg bonus vs devils which seems a little... high? Not sure if it's intended.
  • monk#2943 monk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Level 80 with 3 toons a solo player having no problems running solo ME's etc, now it's like I'm fighting with my hands in my pockets and taking a lot of damage. The whole update is a mess and no longer fun because of the changes, when a game stops being fun it's time to stop playing it.. I'll hang in a few days to see if things go back how it was or at least something is done about the the over charged mobs etc. I also run with a Bulette pup as I preferred having whatever powers etc companions have to use myself than have a companion like a healer or fighter that spends more time picking it's nose than actually doing what they are meant to do, now the Bulette pup seems useless.