test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange AD for Zen

2»

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Players buy zen. Players buy what they want with their zen. Players then sit on what zen they didn't spend initially.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ravenspurn#2982 ravenspurn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    If there was an incentive for me to dump the Zen I have into the ZAX, certainly, I would do it.
    But there is none, compounding this, I have 6 R15 Bondings waiting for exchange, 6 R14s and 2 stacks of R9s and 10s, and I assume that many players who Purchase Zen are in the same boat.

I have no need for AD for the forseeable future.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Alot of players rely on the zax so they can get their vip.

Why not make vip a tradable token?

I don't see why it would be a problem for some to buy vip and sell or gift it to another player?

Actually, why not make every Zen market item tradable?

This is probably the best idea I have read here. If they made VIP a traded commodity on the AH. Players (I know) would be buying them for guild officers and would also toss them into the AH for the AD. This would probably lower the ZAX better than most other suggestions. They might even end up with increased sales on VIP across the board.

:+1:

Just killing time...
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    The main problem is that it's STILL, TODAY, possible to turn 1000 zen into 1500 zen if you wait and apply the right discounts.

The discounts must END and the stuff from the Zen Store must stop being AH-able, exactly like how STO does it. And maybe the AH currency needs to stop being AD. As long as AH currency is AD and zen store items are AH-able and Zen discounts exist, there is an infinite loop that causes the ZAX to always max out, forever.

• some1stolemynicknamesome1stolemynickname Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    An AD sink is the only solution...raising the ZAX the first time was a mistake...doing so again is an even bigger one.

Look at what mrbogus says in this thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258830/the-big-mistake

I know him in rl...he is who he says he is and has been 100% correct in the past as far as the game's economy goes. Now look at the ZAX in game today now that players are generating mass amounts of AD.

Right now the biggest AD sink is players leaving the game...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Upgrading companions is a good AD sink, actually the tokens are so expensive that is better to use AD to upgrade them (assuming you dont have zen available).

But the AH whent crazy like we all knew, with expensive prizes for everything now that everyone has AD. We will see what happens, for now the ZAX will grow even more with all the influx of AD in the game.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    eh, I dumped what I got from my bondings into my companions on my main. 80% comp bolster at this time.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.