test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could the Wizard receive any buff?

Could the Wizard receive any buff? at least in PVP, because in pve he is already the class with the least damage done in trials and dungeons. It has been many modules that the magician is the worst DPS, after the last nerf they made on him, he became very weak! Even with the combat changes he remains the worst in everything!

Comments

• hayyyyahayyyya Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well there is only one think to say more, in stream got sayed we get buffed and in the patchnotes SW getting the huge buff again. Nothing more to say i think i made enough forum Posts with what is incorrect on this class and what should get looked at. One day u lose the drive to get a change. With those Combat Changes CW got Fundamentaly worse and worse, in PVP it will be even a bigger disaster then in PvE there u cant at least get carryed by your Active companion wich is kinda the saddest part
  • nerfdc#2375 nerfdc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi developers, I want to share my feelings with you all, I'm a main CW, specificly arcanist CW, and since MOD 16 we have taken a lot of nerfs (small ones, and big ones) and i have no problem with small nerfs or even big nerfs (when necessary in case of too much superiority) or bug repair, this kind of things is necessary to make the balance between all the classes, and make things right to keep the dispute balanced.
    So, I came here with a few things to say about CW that makes me so sad, when The Infernal Citatel has arrived, all class taken some buffs and the only class that suffer 5 nerfs just in one time was CW : (1- Chilling Presence, 2- Arcane Mastery, 3- Storm Spell, 4- Icy Terrain, 5- Ray of Enfeebement) and the class has being killed slowly and slowly, so that we couldn't understand, and for me and the other players that consider themselves like main CW's, we feeling like we have been left out, and the game was focusing only in 2 classes, DC and HR, maybe 3, GWF's.
    Okay, I agree that we need to have some Tiers S, A , B, C, but today, I feel like CW's are on Class F, and on this New Mod that is coming, one prove of that is that's a full endgear like me, even thought completly full I cant even reach a Stack of Ribcage Chest of Whisper Hood or Goristo healmet BUFFS , one CW with 600k HP base cant hit 60k more then once, so, I feel in despair when I see my class being locked in a trunk, and I use all of my resources to play with the class that I love.
    I play this game since the beta and didnt see nothing huge like this, like this nerfs that CW's taken, I dont came for any super buff or big powers on him, I just came here to ask for balance, I love to play as CW but the way that these waters goes, makes CW goes down to the drain.
    Please, take a look to CW's, the only players that still playing with him is because the love the class, and me, as a lover of this class, came here in name of them all, to you guys start at looking to us, do things that make us have pleasure to play with it.
    We cant take it anymore, I dont need CW to be a Tier S, I just want to give good damage and makes a full geared class gives the damage that CW's deserves, numbers are so squishy on him, even if we play completly right I cant be top 2 or 3, in dps score.
    I really hope you can read my post with affection and that you can give due attention to our beloved class, because if CW's stay at the same way it is today and on preview, ill need to stop playing because I dont want to switch class.

Thank you.
  • carlosdtrn#8030 carlosdtrn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Everything that has been said here is true. The wizards of the game are increasingly disappearing, because of the balance between classes. I hope that you read and understand the situation of the class, and can better balance the Wizard in this next mod.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    I think you'll find the Wizard will be buffed when:
    1. Hell freezes over,
    2. "Buff" = "Nerf",
    3. Dreadnought Fighters are, without doubt, the best DPS, or
    4. There's a change in the development team
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    > @damnacious said:
    > I think you'll find the Wizard will be buffed when:* Hell freezes over,
    >
    > * "Buff" = "Nerf",
    >
    > * Dreadnought Fighters are, without doubt, the best DPS, or
    >
    > * There's a change in the development team

On point 1, let's not forget that Cania exists 😋 There's 8 other Hells this game hasn't tapped into yet.

And with the direction the overall game is going, we're already on our way.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    hi guys, DarudeOfTheWeebstorm here... and yes... pls someone save me from this mess xDDD. i mean the new changes to thaum make zero sense cause making fireball into single on tab means i would what? use it instead of getting the 10% from RoE? i mean... is anyone even playing wizard at dev team?? xD plus smolder is the most useless thing ever so.. yeah pls think about something else cause im tired of only playing arcanist and a little buff would be nice maybe remove the cooldown on ss for new mod cause 90% crit equals to a lot of stormspell procs. AND for the love of god just fix the CD bugs on arcanist it hurts everytime ...
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    sorcio2 said:

hi guys, DarudeOfTheWeebstorm here... and yes... pls someone save me from this mess xDDD. i mean the new changes to thaum make zero sense cause making fireball into single on tab means i would what? use it instead of getting the 10% from RoE? i mean... is anyone even playing wizard at dev team?? xD plus smolder is the most useless thing ever so.. yeah pls think about something else cause im tired of only playing arcanist and a little buff would be nice maybe remove the cooldown on ss for new mod cause 90% crit equals to a lot of stormspell procs. AND for the love of god just fix the CD bugs on arcanist it hurts everytime ...

Maybe on TAB... still AoE, except deals double damage to the selected target?
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    @zimxero#8085 you doing tests with ACT could tell me if with 100% control bonus powers like Entangling Force would double the damage? In my view, if it is a dot and lasts twice as hard with 100%, soon I would have 100% bonus damage.
  • barizon#6496 barizon Member Posts: 5 Arc User

the reality is that there are 2 possibilities, or the DEV's forgot that there is a class called CONTROL WIZARD in the game, or they hate that class, because honestly, the guardian fighter hasn't been buffed for a long time and is still a better DPS than the CW , the company abandoned the class since mod16, this is really boring, if you don't want to balance the class and make it look good, delete it from the game, and leave only HR, TR and GWF as DPS.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User

the reality is that there are 2 possibilities, or the DEV's forgot that there is a class called CONTROL WIZARD in the game, or they hate that class, because honestly, the guardian fighter hasn't been buffed for a long time and is still a better DPS than the CW , the company abandoned the class since mod16, this is really boring, if you don't want to balance the class and make it look good, delete it from the game, and leave only HR, TR and GWF as DPS.

A small thing, yet i believe you may be reliving old mods - there are no "Control Wizards", or even "Guardian Fighters" in this game anymore - There're "Wizards" and "Fighters" though.

To the best of my understanding, while a Dreadnought Fighter may typically have greater burst AoE damage than a Wizard, a Wizard should, typically, have greater damage output in single target fights over a longer duration than 'burst'.

However, you're completely right in that both Fighter and Wizard need some serious 'buff lovin', as they're both 'underperforming' in comparison to other classes.

> @sorcio2 said:
    > hi guys, DarudeOfTheWeebstorm here... and yes... pls someone save me from this mess xDDD. i mean the new changes to thaum make zero sense cause making fireball into single on tab means i would what? use it instead of getting the 10% from RoE? i mean... is anyone even playing wizard at dev team?? xD plus smolder is the most useless thing ever so.. yeah pls think about something else cause im tired of only playing arcanist and a little buff would be nice maybe remove the cooldown on ss for new mod cause 90% crit equals to a lot of stormspell procs. AND for the love of god just fix the CD bugs on arcanist it hurts everytime ...

Not to mention that RoE no Tab is buggy ... It says it lasts 10 seconds and lasts so 5 seconds.

CW is literally dead ... He was good at some MoD by accident, since then, they are trying to destroy the CW in every way, they are congratulations, because they succeeded ... I just wanted to understand the reason for so much hatred with a class.
    > @lenonrodriguez said:
    the reality is that there are 2 possibilities, or the DEV's forgot that there is a class called CONTROL WIZARD in the game, or they hate that class, because honestly, the guardian fighter hasn't been buffed for a long time and is still a better DPS than the CW , the company abandoned the class since mod16, this is really boring, if you don't want to balance the class and make it look good, delete it from the game, and leave only HR, TR and GWF as DPS.<

They did not forget ... They remember very well, because in live when asked about "Why is the CW getting so much nerf, when he was not even the strongest class?" The answer was "He is where we want him to be", well, they finally managed to destroy the CW with the new combat Rework, congratulations to those involved !!!

They could really delete the class altogether, at least the players would not be fooled and would look for another game that values ​​the class they play.
  • onethree13#1845 onethree13 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

> @lenonrodriguez said:

the reality is that there are 2 possibilities, or the DEV's forgot that there is a class called CONTROL WIZARD in the game, or they hate that class, because honestly, the guardian fighter hasn't been buffed for a long time and is still a better DPS than the CW , the company abandoned the class since mod16, this is really boring, if you don't want to balance the class and make it look good, delete it from the game, and leave only HR, TR and GWF as DPS.<

They did not forget ... They remember very well, because in live when asked about "Why is the CW getting so much nerf, when he was not even the strongest class?" The answer was "He is where we want him to be", well, they finally managed to destroy the CW with the new combat Rework, congratulations to those involved !!!

They could really delete the class altogether, at least the players would not be fooled and would look for another game that values ​​the class they play.

At the bottom, right? Like a trash?
    I had hopes for this update, but apparently in vain. It is a pity that a year and a half ago I chose this class as the main one.

• quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    First, pardon me if I get names of feats and powers wrong, I haven't focused on Wizard too much for a long time. And second, this is a personal "Wish List" of stuff, I know some might disagree with some things and that's ok.

I would like for:
    1) Chaos Magic to affect allies.
    2) Nightmare Wizardry to affect allies.
    3) Rimefire Weaving debuff to affect allies (*not* stackable w/ multiple Wizards).

^ Even if the above is only party wide.

Would not make Wizard good dps, but would make Wizard good support, and feel more like the Wizard of old, a little, and in D&D Wizards are very versatile, and buff/debuff is one of the possible roles they can fill, so it totally makes sense thematically.

Other things that need fixing:
    On Arcanist:
    1) When Chaos Magic Rapid Recovery (?) procs, and wears off, Encounter power cool downs that had been reduced and are on CD, have their timers reset according to the new CD reduction value, and the CD's go up by some number of seconds, when this happens, players will try to cast a spell and it appears to just go back on CD. This is incredibly annoying.

Either fix the UI such that the powers do not appear to be off CD when they are not (seems like a race condition, chicken and egg).
    When the Buffs/Debuffs on CD Reduction wear off, don't reset encounter timers that are currently on CD. This would make temporary CD reduction buffs and debuffs, more effective (a double edged sword).

2) Bug fixes around stacks of Arcane Mastery and A Step Above feat.

3) Remove Shard of Arcane Avalanche and give Conduit of Ice.

4) Lightning Bolt (?), this always had problems, even before m16.

- Maybe replace with Chained Lightning that targets a critter and chains to others.
    - Or, make it like the Stormcaller wolfs' lightning bolt, targets and Area.

5) Disintegrate needs a buff I think, sometimes it's just sad.

On Thaumaturge:
    1) As previously stated by many others, Smolder needs a buff in damage, something like the Warlock's DoT effect.
    If smolder becomes stackable as others have suggested, Directed Flames damage should be adjusted as well.

2) Fireball AoE should target an Area, not a Critter. Targeting a Critter that dies either wastes Animation Time, or the power is cast and does no damage as the critter died when the fireball was "inflight". I'm also not a huge fan of the new tab feature of fireball (making it single target). Personally I think the animation time is too long either way.

3) Combustive Action I think still gives too much AP, I'm not sure.

4) I would like Steal Time as an encounter option.

5) That one feat that makes chill not apply chill anymore, git rid of it and replace it with anything else, 'For the Love of Gond, please'.

There's probably a lot I'm forgetting or haven't thought of. Sometimes a part of me thinks Wizard should just be redesigned from the ground up, and sometimes I think a true D&D Wizard can't possibly fit within the narrow paradigm of NWO class cookie cutter, Wizards typically have one of the largest arsenals of spells in the game, and 10 Encounter powers seems very lacking, more like a Sorcerer (thematically).

*crosses fingers*

Edit: I forgot one of the most important things!
    Give us back all of the Spell Mastery features that were removed from our encounter powers.

@noworries#8859