test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to hit 90% Deflect Severity?

skarner27skarner27 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
I have a Justicar Paladin. On preview I maxed out companion and mount bolsters. I then checked and no companion, mount, or artifact boosted deflect severity. The only way I can see to increase my total % is through forte. Is there something I am missing? Is it even possible to reach 90% deflect severity?
Tagged:

Answers

• gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Nope it is not- and I assume it won't be until they start offering Deflect Severity Companion Player Bonuses as well as Gear that has Deflect Severity. The same applies for Incoming/Outgoing Healing and Control Bonus/Resistance. I assume they will release such items in a later Module or perhaps in future episodes of Module 20 itself.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    You can certainly increase your Deflect Severity in very minor ways through the use of potions etc. yet it is impossible for a tank to reach 90% Deflect Severity.

Even Incoming/Outgoing Healing, Control Bonus/Resistance etc. can be obtained far more readily and easily than Deflect Severity, as companion equip powers stack them, mount equip powers have them available etc.

Unfortunately, the sources of Deflect Severity are too few and minor, and it's a gaping big hole in the 'planning' of the development team, and one which should never have occurred.

Simply put, it seems illogical why @noworries#8859 didn't just make both Critical Severity and Deflect Severity a static 90%, or even 50% and forget about them being Ratings at all.