test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why people buy the companion Soradiel?

xalatasxalatas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
(Sorry for my english)

Hello !

I have a question: Why people buy Soradiel at 1 500 ZEN (10$) if they can buy a broken companion like the abyss chicken (dps) or Bulette (stats buff) for only a few diamonds (2-3days farm) ?

Soradiel does not damage and does not give buff/good stat but i see everybody with him...

Post edited by xalatas on
Tagged:

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Because.

You're welcome.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    A friend of mine bought the Soradiel, I also buy companions that I feel work with my characters. A role-player doesn't care much about it "working in a fight". I did a bit of complaining when my Tutor's summoned sword broke. Not a real world issue, the sword would appear dazed in combat, but they fixed it. The Soradiel doesn't work for my style of role-playing, but if I felt like it did, I would cough up the cash. Worth and value have different meaning to people.

I don't mean any offense, but you are in error of the price. That companion is 1500 Zen ($15 US) unless you have a discount coupon. Zen at 15000 would be $150 and not $10.

Just killing time...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Mine might have been free. 0x9=0.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    xalatas said:

(Sorry for my english)

Hello !

I have a question: Why people buy Soradiel at 15 000 ZEN (10$) if they can buy a broken companion like the abyss chicken (dps) or Bulette (stats buff) for only a few diamonds (2-3days farm) ?

Soradiel does not damage and does not give buff/good stat but i see everybody with him...

1. Critical severity.
    2. account wide. Buy once for N characters.
    3. I do not see everybody runs with him.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, it looks great in combination with the Wings mount and some other fashion stuff (ghost transmute thingy for example)... just saying, some players simply buy stuff, because it looks nice for their characters.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I can tell you why I got it, it's 4% crit sev + 2k Crit Strike that goes in a defensive bonus slot! It's account wide so all my DPS toons get it. I use it on my OP healer as well in her def pet slot. The closest thing to this is the Minstril pet which is 4k power / 2k awareness. My DPS toons push well over 200k power so the crit sev pets are better than the power pets for me!!

There are only 2 other pets I know of that can be used like this, Splinters from the haloween event, and Zariel which was limited to 100 companions released in the whole game.

When this pet was released it did not give its stats on the character sheet, this has been fixed.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @reg1981 said:
    > I can tell you why I got it, it's 4% crit sev + 2k Crit Strike that goes in a defensive bonus slot! It's account wide so all my DPS toons get it. I use it on my OP healer as well in her def pet slot. The closest thing to this is the Minstril pet which is 4k power / 2k awareness. My DPS toons push well over 200k power so the crit sev pets are better than the power pets for me!!
    >
    > There are only 2 other pets I know of that can be used like this, Splinters from the haloween event, and Zariel which was limited to 100 companions released in the whole game.
    >
    > When this pet was released it did not give its stats on the character sheet, this has been fixed.

Bought for same reasons . Can’t use it though, too enormous imho

> @reg1981 said:

> I can tell you why I got it, it's 4% crit sev + 2k Crit Strike that goes in a defensive bonus slot! It's account wide so all my DPS toons get it. I use it on my OP healer as well in her def pet slot. The closest thing to this is the Minstril pet which is 4k power / 2k awareness. My DPS toons push well over 200k power so the crit sev pets are better than the power pets for me!!

>

> There are only 2 other pets I know of that can be used like this, Splinters from the haloween event, and Zariel which was limited to 100 companions released in the whole game.

>

> When this pet was released it did not give its stats on the character sheet, this has been fixed.

Bought for same reasons . Can’t use it though, too enormous imho

What do you mean too enormous? You don't need it summoned. Go to character sheet, companions, look at the blue defensive slot. This is where you put the bonus for 4% crit sev + 2k Crit. No need to summon the pet.
    edited January 2021

If you look at that screenshot you'll see that the bonus "Divine Judgement" is applied regardless of my summoned pet, this toon has the polarbear cub summoned but still takes advantage of the crit sev + crit bonus. The pet is purple(Epic) on this toon so it's 3% Crit Sev + 1500 Crit strike.
  • xalatasxalatas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers ! :heart:

And yes it's 1500 zen, no 15 000, i edited :smile:
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Yes , ty , I know how to use the companion bonuses . I meant if you DO use it as summoned , this companion is HUGE , lol .
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Not long time ago we got 100% free companion token, and people used it for soradiel (as i am). I summoned him only to collect exp from quests/legacies (after new mod, no point to do that) and for new toons (account wide companion).
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

Yes , ty , I know how to use the companion bonuses . I meant if you DO use it as summoned , this companion is HUGE , lol .

Well, why not? I mean, it's not the best active companion, but sometimes it's just fun to play around with it... i use it on my Fighter in Avernus during questing for example.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!