test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M20: The Vault of Stars Dungeon

lassorlassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 60 Cryptic Developer
This is the official feedback thread for the The Vault of Stars, Neverwinter's latest Epic Dungeon.

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: While attempting to complete the 'Burnin' Down the House' quest, the fire never starts and the quest is impossible to complete

Feedback: The heroic encounters should happen more often and drop better loot.

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    lassor said:

This is the official feedback thread for the The Vault of Stars, Neverwinter's latest Epic Dungeon.

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
    Bug: While attempting to complete the 'Burnin' Down the House' quest, the fire never starts and the quest is impossible to complete

Feedback: The heroic encounters should happen more often and drop better loot.
    still no item to enter new dungeon or i missing something?
  • maximax#7117 maximax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    you can queue
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    First Boss Fight something is not correct
    Art wise I love the dungeon well done

Here is the sad part in 1st Boss - Too much mobs beyond beliefs

if 1 DPS gets separated it is instant death (This is your damage formula in action)

Archers hit so high damage and causing wipes

the mechanics of playing is flawed and needs to be looked at

I would like a stream of the devs showing how they pass the mechanic of the dungeon without cheat codes and do it legit with the new system on their characters

I did this with bunch of end gamers that are quite good mechanically
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

Maze is really annoying on lowering moving speed, it also bugs out sound
    Last boss is a pain in the a** for a char with dots, with warlock i cant control whether my creeping death hits or not, puppet also, companion also.
    Black hole cant be avoided by tank class,
  • purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    no bane for new dungeon on ru-server (test)...
    pls, add this item to the wondrous bazaar, our tech support can't help us as always
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

pls, add this item to the wondrous bazaar, our tech support can't help us as always

None for dragon server either, just queue it's open.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    So far it's a challange. The adds in the first boss are a nightmare! Need to figure out mechanics without getting wrecked by corpses!

Update the battle tactics section of our journal plz. After 15 or so wipes it would be real nice to have a lil read about the enemy we are fighting!
    edited January 2021
    reg1981 said:

None for dragon server either, just queue it's open.
    on our server (lurker), the queue is closed for everyone
  • agarorthagarorth Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Work on class balancing first,WHY RELEASE NEW CONTENT WHEN THE CORE IS BROKEN?
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Some critters may colide with some models and you can no longer hit and kill them. This happend to use in the first part of the dungeon, near bridge on both sides. Near waterfall there is a portion with some rocks where you can t walk and some critters stuck there too. Unfortunately I forgot to screen shoot that part.

The small waterfall in the first part of the dungeon missing the transition model

• lassorlassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 60 Cryptic Developer

The Queue should be available now. Thanks for letting us know and apologies for the delay.
  • stark4876#1423 stark4876 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Keep healing word at 80 radius but im fine with the time getting moved to 12s

edited January 2021
    thx for solving problems with lurker
    we made it

feedback
    about dungeon
    it's hard. it's really cool mechanics in boss battles. maze is really cool too... but...

about awards
    considering the difficult content of the dungeon, the rewards are very poor...
    1) set of armor gives us useless bonuses to power, which now has a limit
    2) sparkling fey emblem is really cool artifact, but the decision to make it bounded was wrong! give it unbound, pls

the situation repeats itself. we have a wonderful Zariel Challenge with awful rewards that make it unnecessary to waste time and resources on hardcore content. The Vault of Stars repeats the fate of Zariel's trial.
    Post edited by purebishop on
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Y

Post edited by aster#8001 on
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • mre#9247 mre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    yesterday in the same run i found 2 new artifact, one as drop from the 2nd boss that was bound to char, and the other as loot from the chest, that was also bound to char. i think that the one dropped from the boss should be unbond, and also that was a bug that the arti found in the chest is bound to char

also there was a texture bugged just before the 3rd boss

on the 3rd boss the damage dealt from the black hole i think that is fine also the size of the area on which the force of attraction acts, but the force of attraction, i think that is a bit to strong, someone without the shift, like the tank struggle a lot to move out from the attraction area, and also i think that the black hole should deal damage 1 time per second, not more then once like now. in my opinion hypo also deals a little bit to much damage
    Post edited by mre#9247 on
  • jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    So after running Vault Of Stars for the first time this evening I must say I am very impressed with this new dungeon and the whole concept within. Having different mechanics that you have to follow for each boss and different checkpoints you have to pass is a fresh and revitalising lift for dungeon delving in Neverwinter.

There are a few improvements that could still be made to make the dungeon even better such as the addition of more mobs through the earlier part of the dungeon and whilst making the way through the forest.

Now for the tough part. I went in on my main character which is a warlock healer and I must say the under performance of this healer was very noticable from the beginning. The low magnitude that splits across the 5 players in the dungeon on revitalise makes it very hard to get people healed, especially with the amount of damage that allies now take. Soulstorm is pretty much the most useless idea of a skill in this dungeon as it is a static heal meaning it is in one place and one place only and the amount of moving around and dodging that allies have to do is surreal so by the time soulstorm is cast, they aren't even there anymore. Soulweave management was tossed out of the window and I was forced to have to use Warlock's Bargain to be able to restore enough to spamming revitalise to my team. I did at one point try running Vampiric Embrace because it has a nice magnitude heal, but it costs so much soulweave and the cleanse effect requires a target - something neither the other healers have to worry about.

Now what I would suggest to combat this is allow Vampiric Embrace to apply a heal over time just like revitalise and soulstorm - the amount of soulweave it costs is fine and is inline with clerics Healing Word encounter. Increase the magnitude of revitalise to be more in line with what the cleric has for Bastion of Health, having an 850 magnitude with a 200 HoT effect is not powerful enough as a main heal skill for a player in this dungeon where cleric can have a 1600 magnitude bastion and then a initial 400 magnitude heal with Healing Word and a 350 magnitude heal over time. I'd suggest bumping the magnitude of the initial heal to 1200-1300 on revitalise and increasing the HoT to 250-300 magnitude.

The tab ability is the next issue to be aware of, it takes multiple attempts of tapping tab on the desired target for it to actually implement itself onto that said ally. Clerics and paladins don't have this issue at all as I do play those classes too and don't have half as much trouble with them as to what I do on my warlock. This need to be looked into ASAP as this is a big aspect of being able to get a massive heal on a target. The next bit is the delay in casting. Why must we wait 2-3 seconds before our heal actually heals??? Cleric and paladin both have a cast bar that they can stop at any point to heal. Now I like the fact the warlock tab heal is different to the others and does make it unique, but to resolve the issue we face why not give a cast bar like the other healers and have it apply a heal over time e.g. up to 1200 magnitude heal on target and apply a HoT of 400-500 magnitude for 6 seconds and ticks every 2 seconds.

With what I suggested above and what other have suggested in the forums, between us all the changes are of similar roots and I'm sure if these would be looked into and applied, albeit in a more suitable way to how the developers feel they should be, then we can get the warlock soulweaver on track with clerics. I don't main a paladin only off play it at certain times of the year so I cannot comment on it majorly I'm afraid.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    People complaining about the adds on the 1st boss; you could always bring a CW to CC them - oh wait, they nerfed CC...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

People complaining about the adds on the 1st boss; you could always bring a CW to CC them - oh wait, they nerfed CC...

cc is ok i have played cw and they stayed dazed long enough after opressive force and stunned after steal time.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The voice line descriptions for everything beyond the first boss shows the Zariel icon instead of the correct boss/NPC icon.

Also, I'm somewhat lost in the story revolving the final boss. We're supposed to defeat the Queen of Air and Darkness but the dungeon ends after we defeat her guards. Is she even present in the boss room at all? I didn't see her. She doesn't even say something along the lines of "I'll have my revenge", she just acknowledges we completed the dungeon and that's it?

EDIT: I've looked into the Queen's lore online and found out she has no physical presence. Makes sense then, disconsider what I said previously.
    Post edited by carloswartune#5709 on
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    @lassor I think the elven archers in the maze are dealing too much damage. With crit and CA they are dealing 620k damage, which is almost a one shot, and their range is huge. I think maybe a 20% damage nerf for them, since often times they have combat advantage from other mobs.
    DC is many times superior to OP and CW in healing due to changes in mechanics, paladin and warlock magnitudes do not withstand any competition with cleric. no plans to do something about it?
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User

@lassor I think the elven archers in the maze are dealing too much damage. With crit and CA they are dealing 620k damage, which is almost a one shot, and their range is huge. I think maybe a 20% damage nerf for them, since often times they have combat advantage from other mobs.

I totally agree, and its a problem FOR ALL archers in dungeon. Here we are before the first boss.
    here my stats
    here the damage from Archer

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • irieln#3637 irieln Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I posted a feedback/bug report on this thread two days ago, and yesterday when I edited the message to add something it got deleted. I see it's not reappearing in any way, so I guess I'll have to write again everything from the beginning.
    Hopefully I can remember what I wrote:

I play mainly dc healer/dps
    • Overall the dungeon is too dark, even when increasing the brightness from our side. Especially during boss fights you cannot see properly the mechanics, at times. A slight increase in the brightness of colors would be appreciated, at least during 1st boss fight where everything gets darker and darker.
    • 1st boss: the green line that comes from the boss to the plant is too thin and not visible sometimes. Making it thicker would help in seeing/understanding the mechanic.
    • 1st boss: sometimes flowers don't spawn, mobs are therefore not summoned and the team is able to bypass the mechanics and just fight the boss+panther. (the boss is still moving correctly, charging etc.)
    • 2nd and 3rd boss: the hypos deal too much damage compared to how much healing the healers can provide. While on 2nd boss is still manageable, during 3rd boss in the black hole part, hypos are too frequent and make it very hard for healers considering their spells are divided for all party members+companions. It would be nice to have less hypos during that part or in alternative that they would deal a little bit less damage.
    • Maze bugs:

1. Sometimes on last wave mobs keep spawning no-stop even after all flowers have been killed.
      2. Other times, flowers don't spawn and players just fight 2 waves of mobs.
      3. When interacting with the door on the hedge, if all players don't click at the same time, one is stuck in combat and cannot join the fight in the arena. If the player is a support the party is doomed and is forced to wipe.

• In the maze: when the team enters in the hedge and gets separated, supports should be in different groups. Also, separating the team 1-4 is not really the best as now fighting for survival is very hard when alone. Having groups of 2-3 with supports on different sides would be better.
    • The black hole mechanic pulls for too much and drains lots of hp. While for dodging classes it's easier to escape, for tanks is not possible as they are slowed down and cannot move further away. Considering that during that time we must also stack with the tank for hypo it would be nice to have a smaller radius for this mechanic or that it would pull less.
    • 3rd boss: sometimes the fight start by itself and it's not possible to join nor interact with the arena. The result is that players must all wipe and try to get back to the beginning of the maze and redo the whole maze part until last boss. Kinda frustrating for new groups who takes lots of time to reach that point.