test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want to see in the game two Sharandar

bonnilebonnile Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Please tell me. Will we lose the old Sharandar locations?

This is not a new round of history with the rebuilt Sharandar, but just a replacement? As if Drowned Shore replaced Blackdagger Ruins? And Reclamation Rock would replace Helm's Hold.

Why can't the New Sharandar just be a new temporary incarnation of the Old Sharandar? Even the plot provides for this.

I have criticism of game designers. The basics of game design that are taught in introductory classes. Did you miss them? What are the "invisible walls" in Sharandar's new location? Did you get sick in class when you said that such a technique is bad form, destroying the illusion of immersion in the player? It's not for me to teach you, but read your notes again. In particular, how the illusion of an open world is created. How to distract the player's attention from the extreme points of the location.

And have respect. Don't arrange flat grass textures so roughly. Or is it auto-generation?

I ask those who are not indifferent to vote in the poll - "If the fate of Sharandar depended on you".

1. The new Sharandar is definitely better
2. I really liked the old Sharandar
3. I want to see two Sharandars in the game

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Hardly any player thinks it is a good idea to remove old Sharandar. Cryptic are getting a storm against themselves on this. Cryptic did not explain why they think it is a good idea to remove Old Sharandar. (There could be technical reasons like high maintenance, not enough servers, zone is barely used, security problems etc etc)

Anyways it likely is way too late to do anything about that now, too much invested in the new zone,

We'll likely get what they usually do in such situations: They give us a promise they will look into letting old Sharandar return at a later time, then nothing happens.
    * We are still waiting for the return of the old dungeons
    * We are still waiting for the return of the Arc points
  • bonnilebonnile Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well, we've already noticed how Cryptics have updated old locations. I'll explain. They changed the location of the Blacklake Quarter, so that the quest chain will not continue after reaching a certain level (Offering to move to the current LVL Quarter of the Tower) as it was before, and will require a complete passage of the location Blacklake. In addition, a whole layer of content disappeared from the Tower Block, which was also corrected by new self-taught developers - namely, the hunt for relics and the battle in the shopping area. They were cut down unknowingly. Well, more precisely, those who did not play the game could not know about them. That's not pulled up after the rework of external content. How can you change the game if you don't know it?

Well, let's turn to the example of the same Helm's Hold and the Reclamation Rock. This is the same location, but in two versions, as you could do with Sharandar.

Yes, I understand that they replaced the textures of pauri and trolls with models from the 5th edition. But it was possible to leave the old ones in the old location.

I also liked the stone platforms of the teleport, in which you fall knee-deep.

I am also delighted with the cross-shaped pasting of flat grass.

Or invisible walls a meter away from the edge of the cliff.

On invisible walls, I recommend watching a YouTube video from XYZ called "How to limit the open world in games". Channel about game design. With the basics, which, alas, are not familiar to developers from Cryptic. Narratively unsubstantiated invisible walls are considered to be the most limiting feature of the game world, knocking the player out of immersion in the atmosphere of the environment.

I also wrote about hunting, the implementation of which is also considered in game development as a basic pattern. Which, on all counts, the Cryptics violated by failing their design. It's like having a whole world of vehicles traveling on round wheels, persistently inventing a square wheel. Well, there is already a canon, a law, a pattern and narratively based layouts! Why resort to the deliberate use of proven failure trends? Do they want to insult the players? Poke your nose at the product of your ispr ... exercises? It's disgusting. And if Old Sharandar is cut off from the game, then along with those locations, they will lose at least one player.