test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fairy Finds Companion - Is it Account Wide?

Hey - I was checcking out Fairy Finds - thought it was cool - but I needed a little more info about the companion in the Pack - is it account wide? Can I use that awesome 50% damage resistance on all my characters? Thanks

Comments

• winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Companions that come from the pack, typically are not account wide. However, the new mount from the pack is account wide which is a huge step up from cryptic. But if I had to take a guess, I would say that based on previous packs that the new companion will not be account wide and only a single claim. Cryptic also noted the mount was account wide too this time around. Maybe in the future they will make companions account wide from packs as they do the zen store. I would love it as I run many end game characters.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Companions that come from the pack, typically are not account wide. However, the new mount from the pack is account wide which is a huge step up from cryptic. But if I had to take a guess, I would say that based on previous packs that the new companion will not be account wide and only a single claim. Cryptic also noted the mount was account wide too this time around. Maybe in the future they will make companions account wide from packs as they do the zen store. I would love it as I run many end game characters.

I fully disagree! Companions from packs have always been account wide, mounts too. Warlock pack has Erinyes account wide, dragonborn pack has a purple mount and purple ioun stone account wide, fey pack I think had sylph companion def account wide and a unicorn or something for a mount account wide. Gith pack has mount and pet account wide. The list goes on.

EDIT: I don't fully disagree now that I think more. Compy came from a pack that was single as did other CAMPAIGN related packs!!!
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I don't remember where exactly, but it has been confirmed by Cryptic that companion is NOT account wide.
    Also the original dev blog announcement has been updated to show that the new companion will have 15% damage resistance to Fey and Trolls at mythic rank, NOT 50%.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It seems companion and mount from race pack and class pack are account wide.
    It seems companion and mount from campaign packs are not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    In this case it's a mix, since it's been confirmed that the mount is account wide.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @theelusiveone#4954 said:
    > I don't remember where exactly, but it has been confirmed by Cryptic that companion is NOT account wide.
    > Also the original dev blog announcement has been updated to show that the new companion will have 15% damage resistance to Fey and Trolls at mythic rank, NOT 50%.

Yup, in the stream yesterday it was confirmed the companion is not account wide, while the mount is account wide.

You can expect to see a post about this shortly