test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - Boons

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I think a future model where advanced guild ranks add up to 50% to a base boon amount is the way to go. Players would gain gain a portion of their guild boon based on their contribution level (but would not require extraordinary amounts to max). This way, active players in a brand new guild would gain about two-thirds of the benefit as an active player in a rank 20 guild.

Put another way... an active member of a fresh guild would gain as much or more benefit than an inactive member of a top guild.
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    @noworries#8859
    Please Review Barbarian BladeMaster it is at very very bad spot right now on preview

I have done multiple Runs at TIC and ToMM , the Class is at the very bottom (I did not run with a wizard to determine which is performing more poorly at the moment)

Let me clarify this right now the Barbarian Blademaster DPS is so Dependent on Bilethorn Damage Over Time Ticks and its damage Contribution is 20% on ACT Charts

So when Bilethorn DOT is nerfed (Adjusted) to 40 Magnitude to be inline with Other Weapon Enchantment, that Class will be performing so bad

In comparison To SW, HR and TR (Especially the SW , the damage difference is 40% additional Total Damage in Favor of SW)
    I was watching a Twitch stream and TR literally broke Chult Training Dummy
    I was running with a HR and he was trampling my DPS all over (I heard the HR is bugged at the moment and i know this because Baby Zharial reported to you this before in the Bugs Section already)

So it is either 1 of 3 Things
    ==================
    1- SW and HR and TR are just Purely Busted, something is Wack and causing Damage Loop

(For TR Look at their Bleed interaction with their class Feat for Venom Magnitude or class Feature Oppresive Darkeness something is not right there causing Bleed huge damage, This is my conclusion and I am saying this because no matter what it is not possible for a class to Kill Trainning Dummy that they out dps the Training Dummy HP Regen)

2- My Class is Performing super Bad
    3- I suck at Playing my Class

I will Say this right now
    Omit Option 3( I know the ins and outs of my class and how the power interacts more than any developer would keep looking a the code for power interactions for real, because this is my only main Class I play and I do my testing with some of the very best Barbarians in Game)

Given all classes are performing with so much higher DPS then it can be easily concluded that my class is performing super bad

- Overpenetration was nerfed why?
    - Barbarian Blademaster Forte's Secondary Offensive is not optimum at all when every other Class can cap Critical Severity using Critical Severity Potion from Alchemy (7.5% Critical Severity) and Wild Elixir Storm ( Granting 10% Critical Severity)

So assume my Forte is 60% that means my CritSeverity from Forte is 15% so this 15% can be achieved using 2 Potions (Consumables) How is that Fair?

When Some Classes Have Combat Advantage, Accuracy or Critical Strike that is harder to stack for me as Barbarian
    So There is only 1 solution to conclude from This either you remove / nerf (Adjust) these potions or Change the Blademaster Secondary Forte

This cannot be pushed under any way to live

• rlesley74#1471 rlesley74 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    > @xander#0631 said:
    > will boons be more meaningful with these changes? or will they still be regarded as something like a marginal gain that only in endgame will play a somewhat useful role? will they help a player still without enchantments, companions, mounts right for his role, and at a high level complete the campaign? (not talking about new player but also alt of veteran layer)
    >
    > the majority of player play the newest campaing and never return to the older ones because they will not gain much from boons? with the randoms queue you can do AD and enter any dungeon even if you haven't unlocked them through the campaing.
    >
    > i agree with ron, for healers and tanks capping power is hard.

Agree that boons need to be more specific like they were pre mod 16, and not some giant pool of generic everything numbers. If we went back to campaign specific boons then newer and older players would absolutely have to return to older content to get the best boons (not a bad thing at all), instead of jumping to newest “google-said-so-best-zone”
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think they should also make more guild boon structures available now. A lot of guilds are now GH20 and it'd give them something to work on - and more options would help future-proof against stat changes like the incoming ones.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Boons are something you earn(or buy). Why should a fairly new player be comparable to someone who spent the time and effort to grind for the boons. If they have a negligible boost no one is going to waste time or money to complete content AND any incentive to level up a guild are gone.
    It would be a significant kick in the teeth for current players.
    No one wanted to play AI, but for the boons. It’s not unfair to new players, everyone else had to get them and that actually is a great mechanic of the game to help the new player through older content to get their boons.
    If they don’t add anything significant to your character, why waste time on older content.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 is there any possibility to swap some of the hp boon duplicates with more defense boons? For all classes this would probably be beneficial.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    My tank uses all the HP boons.
  • holikiir#8597 holikiir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    There's no cap for HP on new system. So it makes no sense to remove them (unless you "condense" them to give more HP per point).
    But defense is so much stronger than HP, including for tanks, and you can min max anything over into other defensive/offensive stats (or HP). Power has 4 boons and it has a cap. I don't think that is a reason not to swap them.
    What kind of defensive buffs would you add? All the defensive stats I can think of are already available. Are you suggesting that other stats should be treated as power and HP are now?
    Give a suggestion of what you would trade HP for. I really am interested in what could trump HP for survivability.
    I guess they could add more boons like the damage/damage resist for demons or undead. Turn a few levels of power and 1 or 2 HP into, say damage/damage resist dragon, devils, hamsters...
    edited January 2021
    karvare said:

What kind of defensive buffs would you add? All the defensive stats I can think of are already available. Are you suggesting that other stats should be treated as power and HP are now?
    Give a suggestion of what you would trade HP for. I really am interested in what could trump HP for survivability.

I'm saying there should be 4 defense boons instead of 4 hp boons. Like power being the primary offensive stat, defense is the "primary" defensive stat. Just an idea.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    The boons currently in the preview are irrelevant bonuses that hardly add to the player. Imagine having to complete SKT to gain 1% accuaracy? If it was in my beginner time I would easily skip this content that I've already done 3x. But looking on the bright side, I'll be able to run my DC healer without worrying about the boons :)
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Why are we talking about swapping boons? We should be about adding more boons, for more options in character building. I know I already have all of the "good" boons on my main character. All I did during the Avernus campaign is select boons that were not as "bad" as the rest.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    The power boons are being talked about being swapped since power isn't uncapped anymore, it doesn't make sense to have 4 sets of them. As for the rest, if you have power, accuracy, crit, crit sev and combat adv to invest in with the changes I suggested, that's 50 points if you fully invest in them. Then you have tier 5 boons, move speed ect, so you have enough to fully invest into glass cannon build if one chooses, while tanks have choice of fully investing in tanky spec if they choose.
    Tip, release all available boons to guilds. I say this because boons are an important part in building a character and with the change in combat, certain classes depend on different boons, this would force the player to have the main char in one guild and alts in others.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Please increase the number of steps on the stat boons from 5 to 10. With Sharandar's release, there are a lot of players who have no boons left that they actually want. This is bad... no motivation to gain boon points means less reward for playing new content, less reason to complete all the legacy campaigns, less reason to buy out old content.

Please increase the number of steps on the stat boons from 5 to 10. With Sharandar's release, there are a lot of players who have no boons left that they actually want. This is bad... no motivation to gain boon points means less reward for playing new content, less reason to complete all the legacy campaigns, less reason to buy out old content.

I think this is a good idea. The boon points imo are also a bit too low. 0.2% is quite low for a boon. At least 0.4%. They should at least give 4% when maxed, not even close to what a companion slot gives, but its something.
  • synyster3006synyster3006 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I also thing that maybe the 1% contribution (also without any IL or CR) will turn boons into something that you can perfectly skip from doing, or at least not maximize!
    This means also that less people will feel the need to run old campaigns or even buy the campaign completions token/packs.
    that’s a huge time/AD/Zen drain when I have to maximize a brand new toon.

That said, I also think that 5/5 on a stat boon should give at least 3 or 4% as other contribution.
    There's a discrepancy in the Boons in the current system. First that Power boons are good only for those who are a beginner, second that hp boons want would be in logic a perfect choice for those who do not need power do not work in 90% of the contents due to scale. I believe that more options need to be created, because the current ones are frustrating.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

There's a discrepancy in the Boons in the current system. First that Power boons are good only for those who are a beginner, second that hp boons want would be in logic a perfect choice for those who do not need power do not work in 90% of the contents due to scale. I believe that more options need to be created, because the current ones are frustrating.

POWER boons are usefull for tank and healer
    > @horus#3657 said:
    > @noworries#8859
    > Please Review Barbarian BladeMaster it is at very very bad spot right now on preview
    >
    > I have done multiple Runs at TIC and ToMM , the Class is at the very bottom (I did not run with a wizard to determine which is performing more poorly at the moment)
    >
    >
    > Let me clarify this right now the Barbarian Blademaster DPS is so Dependent on Bilethorn Damage Over Time Ticks and its damage Contribution is 20% on ACT Charts
    >
    > So when Bilethorn DOT is nerfed (Adjusted) to 40 Magnitude to be inline with Other Weapon Enchantment, that Class will be performing so bad
    >
    > In comparison To SW, HR and TR (Especially the SW , the damage difference is 40% additional Total Damage in Favor of SW)
    > I was watching a Twitch stream and TR literally broke Chult Training Dummy
    > I was running with a HR and he was trampling my DPS all over (I heard the HR is bugged at the moment and i know this because Baby Zharial reported to you this before in the Bugs Section already)
    >
    > So it is either 1 of 3 Things
    > ==================
    > 1- SW and HR and TR are just Purely Busted, something is Wack and causing Damage Loop
    >
    > (For TR Look at their Bleed interaction with their class Feat for Venom Magnitude or class Feature Oppresive Darkeness something is not right there causing Bleed huge damage, This is my conclusion and I am saying this because no matter what it is not possible for a class to Kill Trainning Dummy that they out dps the Training Dummy HP Regen)
    >
    > 2- My Class is Performing super Bad
    > 3- I suck at Playing my Class
    >
    > I will Say this right now
    > Omit Option 3( I know the ins and outs of my class and how the power interacts more than any developer would keep looking a the code for power interactions for real, because this is my only main Class I play and I do my testing with some of the very best Barbarians in Game)
    >
    > Given all classes are performing with so much higher DPS then it can be easily concluded that my class is performing super bad
    >
    > - Overpenetration was nerfed why?
    > - Barbarian Blademaster Forte's Secondary Offensive is not optimum at all when every other Class can cap Critical Severity using Critical Severity Potion from Alchemy (7.5% Critical Severity) and Wild Elixir Storm ( Granting 10% Critical Severity)
    >
    > So assume my Forte is 60% that means my CritSeverity from Forte is 15% so this 15% can be achieved using 2 Potions (Consumables) How is that Fair?
    >
    > When Some Classes Have Combat Advantage, Accuracy or Critical Strike that is harder to stack for me as Barbarian
    > So There is only 1 solution to conclude from This either you remove / nerf (Adjust) these potions or Change the Blademaster Secondary Forte
    >
    > This cannot be pushed under any way to live

Try playing a Fighter DPS and tell me how you are performing.
    Or a Thaumaturge.
    Boons need to mean something to be worth the time and effort.
    Why join a guild if the boons are so minor.
    We are constantly trying to keep members and now you have made it almost impossible if you’re an under 20 guild.
    @silente07#2597 You don't need to play Thaumturge, you have a viable parogorn that is Arcanist. I know, I have a CW that doesn't make ugly, even though it's my alt with less investment. Bad was to be a barbarian in Mod 16/17 in which you only had one choice and this was inviable.
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > @silente07#2597 You don't need to play Thaumturge, you have a viable parogorn that is Arcanist. I know, I have a CW that doesn't make ugly, even though it's my alt with less investment. Bad was to be a barbarian in Mod 16/17 in which you only had one choice and this was inviable.

Thank you for your answer. I was being sarcastic, but I appreciate the time you took.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Ah i miss Engine Inspiration boon..
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    As it stands now there is almost no reason to run content in order to get boons. Why would anyone pay to unlock campaigns?
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2021

As it stands now there is almost no reason to run content in order to get boons. Why would anyone pay to unlock campaigns?

each campaign amounts to 1% to 2% of statistics for other contributions, which by the way are currently the rarest sources in the game. I really don't know where you got it from that the boons are not worth it. Although we know that this boon system will undergo rework, as the current system was poorly thought out and did not look at the long term.
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914