test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New mode 20 combat changes

darkerickxdarkerickx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I am saddened once again with the combat changes that will come into the game. I regret investing time and money in this game in addition to the many months of vip I have. I'm neverwinter fan since I was young, as well as being a fan of D&D board game since I was a child. Neverwinter has become the only game that represents my dreams and fantasies outside this crazy world we live in because it brings the universe of Dungeons & Dragons before my eyes. It was sad to see how a game so rich in customization, with 3 different paths of feats, excellent gameplay for PvP, was gradually becoming what has become and will now become even worse. I ask Cryptic and all of you developers to stop this madness. Stop killing the game. If it's to change, why not bring improvements? Stop being so careless with such an incredible game. I don't know how to write on forums and I don't even know if I'm in the right category. But if you see my message share it until it reaches the developers, please. Thanks.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    No matter what the "improvement" is, it will not please everyone. What you want for "improvement" could be the bad thing for another group of people. Some complain the game is too simple while some complain it is not simple enough. Both group hate something and could totally in two opposite direction or multiple directions. For you, the "madness" is too simple. For some, the "madness" is it is too complicated. For some, the game is not pleasing the veteran and for some, the game is not pleasing the new players. For some, they hate the change. For others, they hate it does not change or not changing enough or not changing what they want to change ......

In the end of the day, if it does not satisfy you certain way, it does not. You have a decision to make on your own.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    When this game was last revamped in Mod 16 I was rather disappointed. I took a break when that module hit the preview server. I returned a mod and a half later to a much better gaming experience. It was because of this experience that I plan to stick around this time and try to embrace these changes! The fact that things will be all reworked allowing future development to be built on a platform that current devs understand and can work with SHOULD be a huge thing.

I do expect when this hits live, the state of the game to be a bit worse than it was. It's going to take longer to do things that are quick now. Once we understand how to build again, this might change a bit. It's what comes after these changes that will have my attention. Rewards, and what they can do with content development on this new platform!
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Since Mod 20 is going to be Feywild, I think people will really feel it if they barely scrape through a fight against a pair of little powries. Here's hoping it's not that bad!
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    From what I read, if you start the campaign within two weeks after release, you can enter (and finish) without the 40k IL.
    Which is its own kind of... thing... but should not hinder you that much.
    - bye bye -
  • fenirek#3843 fenirek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @"jules#6770" said:
    > From what I read, if you start the campaign within two weeks after release, you can enter (and finish) without the 40k IL.
    > Which is its own kind of... thing... but should not hinder you that much.

It doesn't change anything. Indicates the direction the game is taking. So buy / get AD for upgrading 10 companions and mounts - 2,000 mount token for mounts and an additional 20,000,000 AD for companions. As long as you already have 10 legendary companions and mounts, of course.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Sorry to say, but many players, myself included, wanted something similar to the item level barring campaigns. Since undermountain anytime someone asked what to do at 70, players always answered "Just start undermountain, get your gear, do MEs then do other campaigns" making other campaign gears and content trivial. With introduction to Avernus, we now say skip everything and run over manes for maps for 30 mins to an hr to get near highest level gear in the game along with legion guard set. Needless to say its not very engaging... Having item level barring campaigns actually makes content before UM non-trivial and players can enjoy the feeling of progression and the story/environment of all content, while getting a chance to actually learn to play the game before just hitting end-game content and being lost.

edited January 2021

Sorry to say, but many players, myself included, wanted something similar to the item level barring campaigns. Since undermountain anytime someone asked what to do at 70, players always answered "Just start undermountain, get your gear, do MEs then do other campaigns" making other campaign gears and content trivial. With introduction to Avernus, we now say skip everything and run over manes for maps for 30 mins to an hr to get near highest level gear in the game along with legion guard set. Needless to say its not very engaging... Having item level barring campaigns actually makes content before UM non-trivial and players can enjoy the feeling of progression and the story/environment of all content, while getting a chance to actually learn to play the game before just hitting end-game content and being lost.

They are still lost. The game doesn't offer much on how to get to those 40k IL. There is no real progression through the campaigns, or how to gear up from campaign to campaign.
    This is encouraging upgrading what gives the most IL/combined rating.
    The people that give the advice to "just do UM" now will give the advice to "just upgrade X" then. Its still NW - not "just play the game :)" but more of a "get this and you can roll through that".
    People that do not want do progress through the game to get to where they want to be will not do so now.
    The campaigns are not suddenly engaging enough to making those kind of players want to progress through them. The story doesn't suddenly add up. There is still gonna be better mods and worse mods, and in terms of story or sense of progression... well... I still come from (at least) TIC to Shar.

Players that want to get into the game did so in the past. But by making the game "easier" in UM/M16 and focusing on new players over and over they are attracting quick players more than anything, or should I say quick spenders. They are not out to "enjoy" a new Sharandar with less trees and time gates/living world style.

If they are out to make that much of a different game out of NW, they should just start over and be done with the corpses they are now trying to throw out by reworking existing content (and the cost is new content. GW2?)
    - bye bye -
    I totally agree with jules.
    Besides, from what I saw on the test server, upgrading these 10 companions and mounts doesn't even make you stronger. The only thing you will get is an increased item level.
    So about 3 years of collecting 100k AD daily to get only item level for new campaign? This is pure madness.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Reading Fenirek's previous post, curious how he needed everything upgraded to mythic and maxed out everything to hit 40k IL, when I hit 54k with a rank 10 elven battle equipped, missing armor kits on all gear, darks were still rank 14 on utility slots, equipped chitter's fangs as its a tank build, have ebony pants on...if you can't hit 40k IL you probably didn't belong there. Vallenhas juma bags can give up to epic mounts/companions, 860 gear can be bought off auction house for less than a reroll on a chest, 980 companion gear can be bought too if you really want to skip everything, you get a base 5k item lv now, seal store still exists with up to 1200 IL gear, barovia and UM give free sets of rank 8s, 990+ rings can be bought for as low as 500 AD each, you're given the 3 free blue artifacts can't recall their IL, up to 3k can be gotten from guild boons, enemies drop green insignias, bosses in dungeons can drop blue (pretty often too), blue and epic insignias drop from chests (blue is common and its fortitude/brutals quite often now). Burnished is still in the seal store, no cap weekly on those seals.

You should be able to hit 23k IL with no enchants, no insignias, no armor kits, no collars, no companions and no mounts. 20k Guildless. All it costs is half a day's AD? if that, plus grind for seals, which you get from heroics and randoms easily enough.

As for jules saying "This is encouraging upgrading what gives the most IL/combined rating." how is that any different from new players just jumping into avernus and throwing on what is highest item level, the forsaken set for them, easily obtainable in less than an hour?

Lastly, these suggestions to gating content was before they made changes to IL and the majority wanted it gated through finishing other campaigns first. Would be interesting to see the reactions to other suggestions that were posted like "People shouldn't be able to random que until they've done a practice/fake version of each dungeon/trial" some people even wanted people to have 3-10 completions xD
    edited January 2021

As for jules saying "This is encouraging upgrading what gives the most IL/combined rating." how is that any different from new players just jumping into avernus and throwing on what is highest item level, the forsaken set for them, easily obtainable in less than an hour?

Exactly.

Having item level barring campaigns actually makes content before UM non-trivial and players can enjoy the feeling of progression and the story/environment of all content, while getting a chance to actually learn to play the game before just hitting end-game content and being lost.

So its still trivial, nothing changed.
    Instead of throwing on Forsaken, they will throw on Forsaken and buy Upgrade Tokens.
    - bye bye -
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Reading Fenirek's previous post, curious how he needed everything upgraded to mythic and maxed out everything to hit 40k IL, when I hit 54k with a rank 10 elven battle equipped, missing armor kits on all gear, darks were still rank 14 on utility slots, equipped chitter's fangs as its a tank build, have ebony pants on...if you can't hit 40k IL you probably didn't belong there. Vallenhas juma bags can give up to epic mounts/companions, 860 gear can be bought off auction house for less than a reroll on a chest, 980 companion gear can be bought too if you really want to skip everything, you get a base 5k item lv now, seal store still exists with up to 1200 IL gear, barovia and UM give free sets of rank 8s, 990+ rings can be bought for as low as 500 AD each, you're given the 3 free blue artifacts can't recall their IL, up to 3k can be gotten from guild boons, enemies drop green insignias, bosses in dungeons can drop blue (pretty often too), blue and epic insignias drop from chests (blue is common and its fortitude/brutals quite often now). Burnished is still in the seal store, no cap weekly on those seals.

You should be able to hit 23k IL with no enchants, no insignias, no armor kits, no collars, no companions and no mounts. 20k Guildless. All it costs is half a day's AD? if that, plus grind for seals, which you get from heroics and randoms easily enough.

Lastly, these suggestions to gating content was before they made changes to IL and the majority wanted it gated through finishing other campaigns first. Would be interesting to see the reactions to other suggestions that were posted like "People shouldn't be able to random que until they've done a practice/fake version of each dungeon/trial" some people even wanted people to have 3-10 completions xD

Where can you buy companion gear IL 980 from please?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Where can you buy companion gear IL 980 from please?
    Auction House
    > @"sagakaiyume#0847" said:
    > Reading Fenirek's previous post, curious how he needed everything upgraded to mythic and maxed out everything to hit 40k IL, when I hit 54k with a rank 10 elven battle equipped, missing armor kits on all gear, darks were still rank 14 on utility slots, equipped chitter's fangs as its a tank build, have ebony pants on...if you can't hit 40k IL you probably didn't belong there.

Maybe I don't really understand something. If so, please correct me.
    Now I have dark remnant set (legendary except artifact), Blessed weapons (2x legendary), all other items from juma, hunts at IL 1200+, rings 2x legendary. I have a legendary quasit, some epic mounts. Weapon/armor enchant at rank 9. In module 19 I have nearly 26k IL. In preview server I get 30k IL.
    If I want to have 40k IL I try my best on preview, so I upgrade mounts, companions and buy best enchants - in total I get a little more than 40k.
    How you get 54k with gear which you described?
    What items/enchants give you this amount of IL?
    The difference between my result and yours is very big. It seems unreal.