test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev Blog: Sharandar Campaign - New & Old

amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
"Old Sharandar currency will be listed in a new obsolete category in the Riches tab and be highlighted red. It will be able to be exchanged at the Antiquities Scholar in Protector’s Enclave."

Does the Antiquities Scholar already exist or is that something being added? If he exists where about is he at in PE? I can't find him.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Antiquities scholar is next to the reclaim agent in PE (on the other side of the stairs from Sybella)
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Never mind, I found him. It is the exchange person up by the claims agent. I thought it meant a vendor where you could buy the old gear from. Lot of old campaign items I would like for appearance and hoped for a vendor.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    So now we have to spend AD for a key for the chests in malabogs and master of the hunt?!?!? No one in their right mind will do that. Are we getting a new AD weekly to replace AR?
    empalas said:

So now we have to spend AD for a key for the chests in malabogs and master of the hunt?!?!? No one in their right mind will do that. Are we getting a new AD weekly to replace AR?

Just do a dungeon or skirmish instead?
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    So after the initial 2 weeks, any new or returning player will have to grind until they reach ilvl 40,000 or they won't be allowed access to New Sharandar. Those lucky players who are paying attention in the first two weeks simply have to do a few quests and then enjoy permanent upscaling of their ilvl to 40k while in Sharandar zones, but any other players who come "late" are SOL?

I would love to hear the rationale behind this.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Typical Neverwinter BS. And from playing preview, i havnt seen a damn thing about the mod that excites me.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    jrfbrunet said:

So after the initial 2 weeks, any new or returning player will have to grind until they reach ilvl 40,000 or they won't be allowed access to New Sharandar. Those lucky players who are paying attention in the first two weeks simply have to do a few quests and then enjoy permanent upscaling of their ilvl to 40k while in Sharandar zones, but any other players who come "late" are SOL?

I would love to hear the rationale behind this.

I've been wondering for a long time why there are no prerequisites in various zones. Anyone can go anywhere and if they aren't ready for it they get wrecked n have a bad time. I know I did for years before I started understanding how to build a character and stat requirements. I need to copy an alt to preview and see how the IL inflation works. My main is built and goes from 35k on live to over 50K on preview. If my 25k TR (on live) gains 15k with the IL inflation he'll walk right into Sharandar without issue.
    edited January 2021
    reg1981 said:

If my 25k TR (on live) gains 15k with the IL inflation he'll walk right into Sharandar without issue.

Do you see this as a good thing, or a bad thing? I think if a 25k TR can easily handle Avernus (19k recommended officially), they should be able to walk into Sharandar and maybe struggle a bit while still being doable. Do you agree? Or do you think a 16000 ilvl jump from Mod 19 to Mod 20 somehow makes sense?
    jrfbrunet said:

reg1981 said:

If my 25k TR (on live) gains 15k with the IL inflation he'll walk right into Sharandar without issue.

Do you see this as a good thing, or a bad thing? I think if a 25k TR can easily handle Avernus (19k recommended officially), they should be able to walk into Sharandar and maybe struggle a bit while still being doable. Do you agree? Or do you think a 16000 ilvl jump from Mod 19 to Mod 20 somehow makes sense?
    Considering they are two different systems, you can't compare live to preview. On preview, Avernus is 30k recommended, not 19k. Currently on preview, a 30k character can walk into Sharandar and have about the same difficulty as Avernus.
    edited January 2021
    arazith07 said:

Considering they are two different systems, you can't compare live to preview. On preview, Avernus is 30k recommended, not 19k. Currently on preview, a 30k character can walk into Sharandar and have about the same difficulty as Avernus.

Good to know! On preview, I have 31k ilvl and can handle Avernus no prob (I have 26k on live, where it says 19k is the minimum). I guess I'm not understanding how 19k translated to 30k (a 11,000 ilvl jump) when my actual character only received a 5,000 ilvl jump. BTW, it still says 21000 ilvl for Path of the Fallen campaign on preview.
    jrfbrunet said:

arazith07 said:

Good to know! On preview, I have 31k ilvl and can handle Avernus no prob (I have 26k on live, where it says 19k is the minimum). I guess I'm not understanding how 19k translated to 30k (a 11,000 ilvl jump) when my actual character only received a 5,000 ilvl jump.
    Companions have an increased item level to them
    arazith07 said:

Companions have an increased item level to them

Yeah, noticed that just now. Guess that's why it's called the companion update by some people - upgrade those companions to mythic or get left behind (mounts too).

• josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Interesting that this post has zero details about Stronghold progression, which currently requires those soon to be "obsolete currencies". I assume that also means the old campaign tree will be gone meaning we can no longer craft feywild vouchers to feed the treasure mimic?

Sounding more and more that the devs completely overlooked something... =P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I still don't know how boons will work (or how many we will get), but obviously this is just - revamp. I had so many expectations when Chris arrived. And we got p2w/battlepass episodes and now Sharandar revamp. Wow. I'am speechless. So what old players should do there if we already have all boons from Sharandar ? Collect fashion ? Or grind B(HE) 'till last breath ?
  • juggarnatha#3498 juggarnatha Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I really think they should expand Sharandar somehow; rename the new campaign Greater Sharandar or something and let the Old Sharandar stay there. It's baffling to me that they would ever archive content, especially a whole legacy campaign.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @thany#4351 said:
    > I still don't know how boons will work (or how many we will get), but obviously this is just - revamp. I had so many expectations when Chris arrived. And we got p2w/battlepass episodes and now Sharandar revamp. Wow. I'am speechless. So what old players should do there if we already have all boons from Sharandar ? Collect fashion ? Or grind B(HE) 'till last breath ?

> @thany#4351 said:

It was posted that there are 5 new boons in the new mod . If you didn’t complete any or a few in old sharandar campaign, you will get double boon points
    for each boon not gotten in old sharandar for a total of 10 maximum boon points in both sharandars .
    ie , your toon completed first 2 boons in original Sharandar campaign. When doing the NEW Sharandar campaign, you will receive 1 boon point for the first 2 unlocked , than 2 boon points each for the next 3
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021

I really think they should expand Sharandar somehow; rename the new campaign Greater Sharandar or something and let the Old Sharandar stay there. It's baffling to me that they would ever archive content, especially a whole legacy campaign.

They won't. I'm pretty certain this is the future of the game - its Whitesides first real mod, and his signature.
    Check his work on GW2... like here Or google GW2 and CDIs.
    The forum discussed that SOMEWHAT on CDP some time ago but I have some issues with this not being made more clear to the players - that it is completely intentional that content is supposed to be in-and-out like Redeemed Citadel. Or that nobody asked for (I really do not remember a single instance of it) a Living World kinda game here.
    Sharp had something to say about this here
    I do believe that if you hire Whiteside, you change the course to this.
    Good luck.
    - bye bye -
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think living world concept is great, is more inmersive and keeps players more engaged with the lore and the things that happen in the world.

That said, I also think that is very bad for the game to lose content, especially for players that start now. They dont know what happened in that zone in the past, and It would be great to keep the history of that content playable. Not the repeatable missions, not the currency being relevant, but the main mission / story.

The same about old dungeons, it would be nice for everyone to play them for example some of them could have versions like
    Castle never (original)
    Castle never (Underdark)

Spellplague (original)
    Spellplague (Cloacked Ascendancy)

etc
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    I don't.mind more content, but for newer players comming in. If they have time to work on o e campaign a day it will take them 3 years to finish campaigns and that's way too long
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    What?
    If you focus on 1 campaign dailys a day you are done in 10 minutes.
    - bye bye -
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I told everyone on here 40K item level pay wall was the "goal". Now they have it in writing, do you still doubt it? Players will be required to buy their way into this campaign, after the two weeks grace period. From the looks of it, either the population of the game is about 2 or 3 dozen users or only the people here on the forums are "in the loop" on this decision.

This means maybe 5% get the news and a foot in the door .... I'm sorry. Do you have a golden ticket? :trollface:

Just killing time...

I told everyone on here 40K item level pay wall was the "goal". Now they have it in writing, do you still doubt it? Players will be required to buy their way into this campaign, after the two weeks grace period. From the looks of it, either the population of the game is about 2 or 3 dozen users or only the people here on the forums are "in the loop" on this decision.

This means maybe 5% get the news and a foot in the door .... I'm sorry. Do you have a golden ticket? :trollface:

Why is it so bad for people to actually play the game? 40k iL isn't that hard to get, plus it's an endgame area anyways. New content is usually endgame anyways. Players who aren't 40k yet have the rest of the game to still play.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The fact that it is endgame content is a strong argument why the old Sharandar should remain in place.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    > @arazith07 said:
    > Why is it so bad for people to actually play the game? 40k iL isn't that hard to get, plus it's an endgame area anyways. New content is usually endgame anyways. Players who aren't 40k yet have the rest of the game to still play.

> @arazith07 said:
    > Why is it so bad for people to actually play the game? 40k iL isn't that hard to get, plus it's an endgame area anyways. New content is usually endgame anyways. Players who aren't 40k yet have the rest of the game to still play.

Wrong. I started playing this in August, and at this point I've gotten almost all boons available and completed most campaigns. My gear is mostly Avernus treasure map gear, the artifact equips refined to Legendary, and a few more artifacts from AH. From what I can see from Zariel and Hunt gear, there's only a tiny bit of IL I could get from swapping to that.

I've gotten some companions from random drops and Simril gifts. And I'm just barely getting my Enchants refined up to Rank 11 due to ridiculously high costs, and most of my insignias are blue or purple but I have a couple of gold ones.

The character I'm describing comes out to 33k IL on Preview. A character that hasn't bought much on Z store, doesn't have VIP, and doesn't buy keys. She's farming AD as fast as Random Queues and professions allow.

I have played as much of the game as I can at this point, but from here all I see are astronomical costs in either AD, Zen, and/ or Refinement to get anywhere close to 40k IL. 40k may as well be screaming NONE FOR YOU.

And that's frustrating. I'm not new to MMOs, D&D, or fantasy games, but the scale just looks really off from where I'm standing.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
    As a free to play(er), I'm just wondering if I'll manage to reach the 40k iLev before this new Sharandar mod is removed/replaced in... say another 8 years? =P
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

As a free to play(er), I'm just wondering if I'll manage to reach the 40k iLev before this new Sharandar mod is removed/replaced in... say another 8 years? =P

Remember that the IL scale is changing. 28-30k on Live corresponds to 40k on Preprod.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

Remember that the IL scale is changing. 28-30k on Live corresponds to 40k on Preprod.
    Yeah, that does not hold up. I tried moving an alt that is 29K on live to preview and joined our alliances test guild.
    That alt ended up at 35.8K on preview.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance

Everyone gains 5k, the rest is based on your companions, enchantments and the quality they are at.

Yeah, that does not hold up. I tried moving an alt that is 29K on live to preview and joined our alliances test guild.
    That alt ended up at 35.8K on preview.
    I'll take any free boost to my 25k, but yeah - reaching 40k might be a problem. =P

The plan is to sneak in there in the first two weeks then hope Juma is around with bags of free ILev equipment for sale. Just like how I got through Avernus! ^_^