test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview Patch Notes: NW.123.20210105a.0

2»

Comments

• malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Raising the max from 90% to 100% doesn't sound like a bad idea. The primary reason for having 90% at least from what I understand was that defense and deflect were too powerful in the original version. Now that those two stats have been changed, there's no reason we couldn't have caps at 100%.

Aesthetically speaking, 100% as the cap looks better. It's easier for new players to wrap their heads around stats and stat caps when you explain that stat caps are 100% (50% from ratings, 50% from the other percent bonuses or maybe 60% from ratings, 40% from other bonuses).

A 100% cap also makes it harder to cap every single stat. Atm some dps roles are able to fully cap 4 of the 5 offensive stats at 90%.

Raising the cap to 100% also leaves more room for future growth in terms of stats and gear bonuses.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Why is 15 Vorpal weaker than regular potions?
  • justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    @masteroga 1.5k for the green ones (from old exp overflow bags?), 50k for the purple ones (from AH).

This forum is an echo chamber
  • mzreaper#7914 mzreaper Member Posts: 12 Arc User

too many people have vorpal so time to nerf. first they hit us with the 2% CA on daily so the real nerf doesnt seem that bad in comparison :P
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User

too many people have vorpal so time to nerf. first they hit us with the 2% CA on daily so the real nerf doesnt seem that bad in comparison :P
    Those potions will be reworked for sure.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    We all complained that 2% CA was little for a bonus that only activates using DP, so it removed and gave 4% critical severity to our delight. (lol)
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User

We all complained that 2% CA was little for a bonus that only activates using DP, so it removed and gave 4% critical severity to our delight. (lol)

beter 4 crit severity then 2 ca on daily, not i can use my comp for 3.8 ca in def slot :D
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER

beter 4 crit severity then 2 ca on daily, not i can use my comp for 3.8 ca in def slot :D
    You're an HR, for you anything is good and it's the perfect enchant for the Rangers! xD

I don't think vorpal beats bilethorn on rangers anymore though. Did you do some tests? Bilethorn was always more than 8% when I was running TOMM. I don't know if vorpal can beat that.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User

I don't think vorpal beats bilethorn on rangers anymore though. Did you do some tests? Bilethorn was always more than 8% when I was running TOMM. I don't know if vorpal can beat that.
    In live vorpal beat bile like example in tomm becose this 20% crit sev is alot, but in test server if you compare vorpal and bile, so vorpal have nerf and bile big buff with this 60 mag, still last time on domie 2 min bile make 3 mil vorpal 1. 5 mil. So I still love my vorpal :D
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Raising the max from 90% to 100% doesn't sound like a bad idea. The primary reason for having 90% at least from what I understand was that defense and deflect were too powerful in the original version. Now that those two stats have been changed, there's no reason we couldn't have caps at 100%.

Aesthetically speaking, 100% as the cap looks better. It's easier for new players to wrap their heads around stats and stat caps when you explain that stat caps are 100% (50% from ratings, 50% from the other percent bonuses or maybe 60% from ratings, 40% from other bonuses).

A 100% cap also makes it harder to cap every single stat. Atm some dps roles are able to fully cap 4 of the 5 offensive stats at 90%.

Raising the cap to 100% also leaves more room for future growth in terms of stats and gear bonuses.

I agree with this idea and I think several others have also mentioned this in their posts separately as well on other topics in the forums. It would be nice if the Devs could look at this idea and explain to us why this is or is not feasible.
  • maximax#7117 maximax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Paladin’s Divine Protector Daily now also grants 30% Awareness but ONLY with shield of the god feat
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @malistaire "A 100% cap also makes it harder to cap every single stat. Atm some dps roles are able to fully cap 4 of the 5 offensive stats at 90%."
    Well... capping anything will be harder and harder as you IL increases - and especially if by any chance the food and potions eventually get a rework. So I disagree, the 100% cap should be done in a way that does not make it harder to reach it.
    (But that is mostly a topic about stats being set up the way that you are in a worse and worse position as your IL grows.)
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    @rikitaki as item level goes up, so do your stats (stats on the gear themselves + combined rating). That's the whole point of this rework 🤣
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @masteroga Yep, and they go up slower than your IL, that is one of the problems of the rework.
    rikitaki said:

@masteroga Yep, and they go up slower than your IL, that is one of the problems of the rework.

This is not the case with gear. Eventually what will be evolving is gear / rings / artifacts / neck / waists etc. The amount of stats those give are tied to item level, which will not make it harder to cap as gears item level increases. Once people have mythic collars, the item level to stat ratio should stay the same as things increase.
    I saw one that there was a prediction that the enchnts will gain more level, I hope this is postponed, since in this first moment I believe that everyone will invest in companions and mounts. Apart from that the collares are currently another stone in the shoe, so difficult and expensive that it is to be able to upgrade.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Paladin’s Divine Protector Daily now also grants 30% Awareness but ONLY with shield of the god feat

and it has a 3 MINUTE cooldown (unlike the Fighter equivalent).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2021

The non-feat version grants it too, but you need to be tethered to another player for it to apply to you
    Pallys don't use Divine Protector since it was nerfed - at all. DP without the feat transfers damage from other players to the Pally so even with the 30% awareness it is still really bad.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • astolfo#6568 astolfo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Anyone remember how much refine points for vorpal r14?
    Looks like that's the only purpose for this garbage now if we compare it to bilethorn.
    Devs sure like when players losing millions of investment :3
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Anyone remember how much refine points for vorpal r14?

Looks like that's the only purpose for this garbage now if we compare it to bilethorn.

Devs sure like when players losing millions of investment :3

Think about all the healers that want to use the Bilethorn now. Vorpal is still a very solid enchantment for some classes and roles, even solid for DPS.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2021

rikitaki said:

This is not the case with gear. Eventually what will be evolving is gear / rings / artifacts / neck / waists etc. The amount of stats those give are tied to item level, which will not make it harder to cap as gears item level increases. Once people have mythic collars, the item level to stat ratio should stay the same as things increase.
    I think the current system is going to progress poorly. Look into the future when item levels go up to 100k-200k, the devs will have to properly allocate Combined Ratings to account for the "Item Level Debt" that will occur after Item Levels pass 50k. However, if they apply too much Combined Ratings and continue to increase the amount of Base Stats that gears give, then it will become too easy to cap everything. For example, say at 75k Item Level, gear has enough Combined Ratings such that all your stats get 25k stats to cover the Item Level Debt, then all the gear with higher stat levels will more easily cap your base stats, and eventual if that trend continues, it will be possible to cap all Base Stats at 50%. On the other hand, if they don't apply enough Combined Rating to cover the Item Level debt, then as Item Levels increase further into the future, it will become more and more difficult to cap any of Base Stats. So the Devs will have to think really hard about this balance, either it becomes too easy to cap everything, or increasing Item Level will eventually incur too much Item Level Debt and will be counter productive or overly complicated.

I think a scale would be much better than the current "subtracting 1k for 1% less" maths, for example:
    Min(0.5, (0.5 * Stat) / iLvl) would scale into the future until iLvl or Stat reaches the maximum values for the numeric types used in the code (float, double, f16/32/64/128, etc), which would most likely never happen anyways. The only other edge-case would be when iLvl is 0, but that basically means the player has absolutely nothing equipped. With the scaled version, Combined Ratings becomes a "freebie" that doesn't need to be worried about too much except for being too high of a value. Also, no stats would be wasted for being under the "Item Level Debt" that occurs with the current system.

Edit:
    A third option, which I think I like the most, is to unify the "Base Stat" and "Other Contribution" values into a single Percentage Value. How it would work is that at all Item Levels, gear of the same Quality, Common, Uncommon, ..., Legendary, Mythic, would add the Percentages to a given Stat or Stats, and the Item Levels would be summed to Total Item Level which would be used as a scaling factor for Hp and Base Damage. This would make the maths extremely simple and easy to understand, just look at the values, add em up. The main cost would be in determining the proper balance for Stat Percentages of each Quality level. For example, A piece of Epic Gear at item level 500 would add X% to say Power, and Y% to Crit, and Z% to Defense, and some amount of Combined Rating as a small percentage added to all stats. Another piece of Epic Gear at Item Level 1000 would add the Same percentages to either the same or different stats, the only difference is that higher item level would contributed more to Total Item Level and thus give more Hp and Base Damage. Item of Legendary quality would give more percentages than Epic, and Mythic more than Legendary. I think this would be extremely simple. The main cost would be determining upfront the proper values for each Quality, and what the average stat pool should be. With more higher quality items, a player could gain a larger stat pool. I hope that's clear enough.
    Post edited by quickfoot#7851 on