test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

terms of service popup

codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
I'm playing both Champions Online and Neverwinter. Switching between the two throughout a day.
When I switch from one to the other, it make me click on the terms of service again, even though I have already clicked 'agree'.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Does it pop up every time you switch?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    If you play CO and any other Cryptic game, yes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Yes, I have to deal with it too. It is just click the "I agree button" but don't understand why it should reset. I do know for a fact it is a server side and not client side reset, there is nothing any player can do other than clicking on an extra button.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    codetellercodeteller Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    yes, every time I switch
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    The same happens when you switch the client's language back and forth.
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @nitocris83 tell the database admin, if they are extremely bored and want to fix this popup, there is a boolean flag being reset on the account data.

I tested it just now on the same PC, same client. I logged into Champions as Wendy and agreed to the ToS. The flag was reset on my wife's account but not on mine. When I logged into Neverwinter, I don't get the ToS, only she did for switching games. It should be a simple edit to make the flag local variable to the client or just make it permanently true once agreed to on any of your games.

I would not rate this bug as critical as the audio loss in Barovia. Thanks for looking into that one.