test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD 20

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

hustin1 said:

Well, it looks like the original campaign is completely gone, which is a real shame. I feel like we lost something here.

What happens to those boons? Will new players not get them? Will people who completed it lose them?
    I kept my boon points, but it seems you lose the ability to re-farm those on new characters.

This is principally bad, as it puts old players 4 boons ahead of new players with no way to catch up.
    And the solution to this is NOT to remove the old boon points, THAT would create a rightful uproar.

The old campaign should be left in.
    Esp considering it's one way that people levelling up to 80 can get some below level 70 content to play.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    At first sight of this, I thought they were refreshing the old campaign and just adding some more context to it. I was expected to see the icon on my travel map and just head in and get the revamped maps, old quests, new quests, and whatnot. I don't see any point to the new intro quest unless you are new to Sharandar. That would make about as much sense as running the old Sleeping Dragon Bridge intro at level 80 again because they changed it back on M16. They still could "fix" this it might set back the launch date, but we don't mind, right guys?

1. Remove the introduction intro for people who have completed the old one. There is little to no point made here.
    2. Return the old quests offering the old currency to this new version of Sharandar.
    3. When players take the old quests send them off to gate and don't use the travel map for it. We have enough duplicate icons taking us to virtually the same place. (ex: Drown Shore, Blackdagger Ruins)

If they planned things out correctly, then they wouldn't need to make fixes. Nobody at Cryptic said, "If we eliminate the old campaign completely, it will create chaos with the other things it is linked to like the Strongholds."?

This will not effect my game here, I play more on Champions than I do this, while I am here from time to time. @autumnwitch I agree this is a nice place for you to level. Personally my multitude of characters all role-play and I stand by campfires invoking until 80 in most cases. But it is so obvious, they want everyone to run those leveling dungeons and/or pay cash to level up. It will be sad once they delete it. I liked the waterfall sequence and music of the original intro quest better than having to fight frogmen from the waterfall to the portal. It gave you the oooh! it's a magical realm I am entering.

Just killing time...
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Mod 20 seems to have same gear bonus as in vallenhas Lion and Avernus Blessed the only difrence is the higher ITL the artifact bonuses are just like tomm artifact bonus whit stand still for 3 seconds to get bonus dmg..the wood armor its a reskined elven armor..the issue is that if you are a new player or you didnt finished on some new class that you plan to play in future you loose your boons...also you cant use the campaign token for sharandar becose the old campaign is gone and you can claim your boons...I the end i cant see a reason to play this campaign..nothig exciting to get from there..
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    If they're removing original Sharandar in place of new Sharandar it means they are releasing an old mod re-worked and re-packaged in place of a new mod. That's not a new mod. Even though I've been playing since mod 2 I am not well-versed in D&D lore but don't I remember hearing that they planned several layers of hell to release, all going down in levels in each subsequent new mod? What happened to that. Maybe I just read it in a comment around the time the first level of hell was released. But aren't there other things about Neverwinter which have never been part of the game and still need including?

In any case, re-working an old mod and labeling it as new one is a trashy and lazy thing to do. I also think that removing the much-loved Sharandar is a huge mistake and will upset even more people, I'll be one of them. It's a slap in the face to the players who are attached to places they visit in the game, know them intimately and feel like they're home when they're there. And what games out there keep removing content anyway? They're supposed to add and build onto what is there already and make it even better. Sick to death of this game removing content which players use and love and works fine. Cryptic, are you that poor you can't afford more servers for maps so you have to delete the old ones to keep the game running?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    How many toads to I have to kill to get the "Mighty Slayer of Toads" achievement/title?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > You'd think after that mod forever ago when dungeons disappeared and players disappeared, and then later skirmishes disappeared, you'd think that someone in charge would realize taking things out of the game IS A STUPID <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> IDEA.

It was Module 6, I was there. People left in droves. It brings to mind the saying, "if you don't learn from your past, you are doomed to repeat it." As someone who spent 5 years using these very forums trying to get them to keep the Foundry and all of the content created by players, I can't help but chuckle here.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
    @iandarksword I think you know me from the old UGC forum on Facebook. While I never wrote any Foundries, I sure liked playing yours. I am a semi-active player and more of a RPer. I fear they have lost more than they know. It is true, this started long ago with the M6 mess. I think they could still salvage this game, but it would require more work than they want to do. I don't fret over game mechanics, getting best in slot, or even new gear. The style is a lot more important, the story, and my ability to give the character a custom look.

I loved playing those TellTale Games and sadly the last one I played was Tales from the Borderlands just prior to the company going out of business. I play more Champions than Neverwinter and buy and spend my zen for Champions and not Neverwinter. Unfortunately I don't think the Chinese at PW care which game delivers the most cash. I know Cryptic will never return the Foundry for us to play or you to tell your tales of adventure, but I still remember them and miss them.

You enjoy this my friend, because I remember how all these same people complaining today about losing the Sharandar content, never joined the fight about losing the Foundry. I recall a lot of people shrugged it off saying, so what? and Big deal.

Just killing time...
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

You enjoy this my friend, because I remember how all these same people complaining today about losing the Sharandar content, never joined the fight about losing the Foundry. I recall a lot of people shrugged it off saying, so what? and Big deal.

I do think that we can all acknowledge there a different players in the game. I didn't do many Foundry quests, I was more focused on some linear progression I thought I could see in progressing my two toons I initially started with. But I remember checking it out (I think you could pick some daily quest up for it) and thinking hey, thats cool, I haven't seen something like this before.
    I tried out really good story heavy foundries that were just WOW, so well done that it was crazy. There were translated ones, funny ones, ones as epic as some games you usually buy, with multiple chapters. I saw the pits, the farm stations... And the many many authors that spent a lot of time and dedication on all their foundries.
    It just wasn't my focus. So while I was disappointed that they cut out the foundry, and I simply did not understand it (and yes, I read those excuses as well...) it did not impact me as much as other people.
    I am selfish like that.
    However, looking back at NW and what I personally enjoyed the most, it's pretty much gone. Sharandar, if this remains true (in whatever form, either MY sharandar is replaced by the new one, OR I have to unlock access to the one Sharandar I have had access to for YEARS now) is just the icing on the cake.
    Sounds more depressing than I meant it, but I just cannot forget the absolute hype about how this game is going to be an "evergreen" and how they fully intend to improve it, so that it actually remains a solid game to play for the future, and about how I to some extent also believed: Now we hit rock bottom (again?) with M16, they are gonna improve it. SO MANY people previewed M16, so many people invested a lot of their time in those CDPs, and so much was just cast aside.
    But all things have to end at some point, I guess.

- bye bye -
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I am also really curious how SH's will generate Fey Trinkets? That (old Sharandar) is the ONLY way you can get them for SH upgrades. Does this mean SH's are frozen in place now after MOD20 releases. I've already noticed the price of the Fey Vouchers from lock boxes have shot way up. Uggg... I hope they take this all into account.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
    edited January 2021
    > @blargskull said:
    >
    > You enjoy this my friend, because I remember how all these same people complaining today about losing the Sharandar content, never joined the fight about losing the Foundry. I recall a lot of people shrugged it off saying, so what? and Big deal.

There's no joy, just some laughable irony that decisions aren't based upon previous experience. It's actually leaving me a little sad, but it isn't my decision. Ultimately, it's Cryptic's decision, they own the content. We as players have no ownership of anything in-game except for our time. We just have to decide whether the content provided is worth our time.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
    I've complained about everything that's been taken. I'll continue to do so. Except for maybe PvP if that dies.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User

I am also really curious how SH's will generate Fey Trinkets? That (old Sharandar) is the ONLY way you can get them for SH upgrades. Does this mean SH's are frozen in place now after MOD20 releases. I've already noticed the price of the Fey Vouchers from lock boxes have shot way up. Uggg... I hope they take this all into account.

Fey trinket vouchers still drop within the SH. However I bet dollars to bitcoins, sellers are raising the prices in the AH as I type! I own a small RP guild, while I have spent cash for some items, I sure will not be buying Fey Trinkets!!
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    > @sameriker said:
    > Fey trinket vouchers still drop within the SH. However I bet dollars to bitcoins, sellers are raising the prices in the AH as I type! I own a small RP guild, while I have spent cash for some items, I sure will not be buying Fey Trinkets!!

They get vouchers which used to sell for 2000 - 3000 ad has been bought up by a few opportunists and the price has been raised to 18000+ per voucher.

Even if the new zone offers a campaign currency we can donate in place of the old sharandar stuff it's going to be a few months before players finish the campaign and have extra resources to donate to the guild.
    Not to mention the difficulty of trying to run under geared alts and help newer players quest in an area with a recommended il of 40k for the additional stronghold donations
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

> @sameriker said:

> Fey trinket vouchers still drop within the SH. However I bet dollars to bitcoins, sellers are raising the prices in the AH as I type! I own a small RP guild, while I have spent cash for some items, I sure will not be buying Fey Trinkets!!

They get vouchers which used to sell for 2000 - 3000 ad has been bought up by a few opportunists and the price has been raised to 18000+ per voucher.

Even if the new zone offers a campaign currency we can donate in place of the old sharandar stuff it's going to be a few months before players finish the campaign and have extra resources to donate to the guild.

Not to mention the difficulty of trying to run under geared alts and help newer players quest in an area with a recommended il of 40k for the additional stronghold donations

i think for a while there will be no alts
    hard enough affording to get one char back on track after combat rework to consider doing 2 or 20 others

• josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Welp, this news post definitely confirmed old Sharandar is going away.

"Lord Neverember is assisting heroes in making their way one final time through the current Feywild! (ps. PC only, sorry consoles)"

Would have been nice if they mentioned what's happening currency wise for the Stronghold, so I guess I'll be one of the people camping there for the next few weeks. What will you guys miss most about the old campaign? I'll start with the easy weekly AD haha. Maybe Master of the Hunt too. =P

Actually, if this is the way they're going we can also play guess next the module which will replace old content... I'm going to say Icewind Dale will be removed for Rime of the Frostmaiden, Ravenloft can be replaced/upgraded with Ship of Horror and/or The House on Gryphon Hill, Elemental Evil and/or Storm King's Thunder can switch to Queen of the Spiders and Queen of the Demonweb Pits, Heart of Fire can be replaced by Ghosts of Saltmarsh (yes please, no one will be sad if Acquisitions Inc goes away), and Dread Ring can be swapped out for a modified version of Dead in Thay which starts off with Scourge of the Sword Coast and Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle.
    Post edited by josephskyrim on
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Actually, if this is the way they're going we can also play guess next the module which will replace old content... I'm going to say Icewind Dale will be removed for Rime of the Frostmaiden...

Maybe so, but according the their Road Map Mod 21 will not be out or ready until June or July. They said they are only producing 2 modules per year. If they follow the order the originals came out, the Dread Ring would be next followed by Icewind Dale. Also this wouldn't surprise me since it eliminates the 4500 RAD quest along the way as well.

Module 1 - Fury of the Feywild - The Arcane Reservoir 4,500 rough AD
    Module 2 - Shadowmantle - Red Wizards 4,500 rough AD
    Module 3 - Curse of Icewind Dale - Biggrin's Tomb 4,500 rough AD
    Module 4 - Tyranny of Dragons - Protecting the Portal & Reclaiming the Hoard 4,500 rough AD

Mods 22 & 23 won't be out until 2022. I don't mind them upgrading but this is not "new content" and will not attract many players as they think.

Just a crazy theory.

Just killing time...
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    "Old Sharandar currency will be listed in a new obsolete category in the Riches tab and be highlighted red. It will be able to be exchanged at the Antiquities Scholar in Protector’s Enclave.
    The campaign keys for Malabog’s Castle and Master of the Hunt have moved to the Wondrous Bazaar for 2,500 AD and remain once a day purchases."

There we go. LMAO
    - bye bye -
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Cheap keys, wish they would add all of the other keys to that store so I never have to do the AI quests again lol
    kharkov58 said:

Why remove the old Sharandar content? It is not like Cryptic is putting any resources into it.

I (half) joked in my post above that maybe they can't afford more servers so are removing one location to have enough resources for the new one, but I actually think the reason may be that they were sitting in their echo chamber talking to each other and decided that they were going to update the Sharandar graphics/characters for this new (cough) mod, but decided that they didn't like that fact there would be a difference between the two places and that it would 'confuse' the players and be a lumpy look so just remove the old one. Thing is, NO-ONE WOULD CARE! If this is what is happening then we can expect that as they release newer graphics which don't match older areas, those too will be deleted.

I have a feeling removing the original Sharandar will set an ugly precedent for other locations/maps being removed too and this will not be the only one it happens to. So I need to think long and hard if I should quit once and for all (I kept coming back because I missed the place) because feeling like I'm home and in familiar surroundings is the main reason I am still even logging in these days.

So I need to think long and hard if I should quit once and for all (I kept coming back because I missed the place) because feeling like I'm home and in familiar surroundings is the main reason I am still even logging in these days.

I have said it before, I barely play on here, most of my characters are low level and I just come here to RP. Once a year, I help out Mrs. Black out with her Halloween Party in Barovia and the rest of the time I just tag around behind my little brother as he kills people here.

While none of these changes to mechanics, companions or the loss of an entire module will affect me. Mrs. Black has already said, she doesn't know how much time will be spent this year, on this game. My brother has little interest in playing only one game. He and I (as I type this up) are playing on our PS4's the game he bought "The Forest". He has been spending his money like crazy on games. He owns a guild here and yet I don't think he has spent any cash on Zen for some time now. He asked me to look at preview when he saw the adverts. I told him as much as I know about the changes and his response was, oh well... do you want to play something over the PS4?

Meanwhile, I still play on Champions more, and seldom here or Star Trek, unless a friend need cannon fodder or a meat shield. I truly think Champions has room for more improvement, I am just very happy the Neverwinter team doesn't work on Champions. I don't spend hundreds of dollars every month on games like my brother, but I do spend my money on Champions. I am more invested there than I am here. But I do feel where you are coming from Rockster.

Just killing time...
    Champions needs a few giant steps backwards for me. It isn't the game it was when I started and none of the changes they made were improvements to my mind.
    edited January 2021
    > @rockster#6227 said:
    > I (half) joked in my post above that maybe they can't afford more servers so are removing one location to have enough resources for the new one, but I actually think the reason may be that they were sitting in their echo chamber talking to each other and decided that they were going to update the Sharandar graphics/characters for this new (cough) mod, but decided that they didn't like that fact there would be a difference between the two places and that it would 'confuse' the players and be a lumpy look so just remove the old one. Thing is, NO-ONE WOULD CARE! If this is what is happening then we can expect that as they release newer graphics which don't match older areas, those too will be deleted.
    >
    > I have a feeling removing the original Sharandar will set an ugly precedent for other locations/maps being removed too and this will not be the only one it happens to. So I need to think long and hard if I should quit once and for all (I kept coming back because I missed the place) because feeling like I'm home and in familiar surroundings is the main reason I am still even logging in these days.

Removing content has been going on for years, ever since they removed over half of the dungeon content in Module 6, that precedent has already been set. I've watched an entire community based around a feature that was one of the original selling points of this game wither and die because of the removal of that feature. The thing is, as I've mentioned before, it's Cryptic's content, it's THEIR game. If they choose to remove guild halls, they'll remove guild halls, if they choose to remove combat features or feat trees, they'll remove them. What YOU as a player give to this game is time. You don't OWN nor do you EARN your enchantments, gear, boons, none of it, they are exchanged for your time spent grinding. As someone who has been playing this since the first day of Open Beta, I have seen SO many people decide that their time was better spent elsewhere, some of whom I've grown to call friends. It's getting harder and harder to stay in a game when those type of people are gone.
    Post edited by iandarksword on
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @greywynd it is my opinion Champions is a very different "mindset" from Neverwinter. They have a very diverse crowd on there. Characters can be more unique looking with the custom tailor shop, due to the fact that your armors never change the outward appearance. The RP community is more present on there, so I would understand why a person into role-playing would love Champions over Neverwinter. The RP crowd here in the Moonstone Mask kind of suck at it, sorry just my opinion. I know when we get people here on Neverwinter wanting to start a LBTQ guild, they get razzed by the other players in chat or the person starting it is brazenly doing it as a joke on the community.

While I am not saying Neverwinter needs to run up the rainbow flags and host furry parties, I am saying this crowd doesn't appear as open minded as I am. Lots of room for both communities to grow and evolve in the proper direction. To steal a quote from John Spartan in the movie Demolition Man, "Whoa, Whoa. I'll tell you what gonna do: Why don't you get a little dirty? You a lot clean. And somewhere in the middle... I don't know. You'll figure it out."

@blargskull I think my last purchase of Zen on Neverwinter might be my last purchase. At least until they show real improvements here. I can't see spending money on Champions, but I might buy some stuff on Star Trek. So far this new campaign might bring in fresh faces but how many vets will walk out? Also will the fresh faces stay and buy Zen?
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
    edited January 2021

> @rockster#6227 said:

> I (half) joked in my post above that maybe they can't afford more servers so are removing one location to have enough resources for the new one, but I actually think the reason may be that they were sitting in their echo chamber talking to each other and decided that they were going to update the Sharandar graphics/characters for this new (cough) mod, but decided that they didn't like that fact there would be a difference between the two places and that it would 'confuse' the players and be a lumpy look so just remove the old one. Thing is, NO-ONE WOULD CARE! If this is what is happening then we can expect that as they release newer graphics which don't match older areas, those too will be deleted.

>

> I have a feeling removing the original Sharandar will set an ugly precedent for other locations/maps being removed too and this will not be the only one it happens to. So I need to think long and hard if I should quit once and for all (I kept coming back because I missed the place) because feeling like I'm home and in familiar surroundings is the main reason I am still even logging in these days.

Removing content has been going on for years, ever since they removed over half of the dungeon content in Module 6, that precedent has already been set. I've watched an entire community based around a feature that was one of the original selling points of this game wither and die because of the removal of that feature. The thing is, as I've mentioned before, it's Cryptic's content, it's THEIR game. If they choose to remove guild halls, they'll remove guild halls, if they choose to remove combat features or feat trees, they'll remove them. What YOU as a player give to this game is time. You don't OWN nor do you EARN your enchantments, gear, boons, none of it, they are exchanged for your time spent grinding. As someone who has been playing this since the first day of Open Beta, I have seen SO many people decide that their time was better spent elsewhere, some of whom I've grown to call friends. It's getting harder and harder to stay in a game when those type of people are gone.

I agree they have been removing stuff for a long time, I've written about it before, I think Rhix's daily quests were the first thing I objected to, but this is the first time they will be removing an entire visitable permanent location which people can go to anytime and hang out in and not have to do anything in particular, just be there and enjoy it. And yup, we don't own anything, but with respect to you, I'm kind of sick of people using this line of logic as a means to excuse the mistreatment of it's playerbase by the company.
    > @rockster#6227 said:
    > I agree they have been removing stuff for a long time, I've written about it before, I think Rhix's daily quests were the first thing I objected to, but this is the first time they will be removing an entire visitable permanent location which people can go to anytime and hang out in and not have to do anything in particular, just be there and enjoy it. And yup, we don't own anything, but with respect to you, I'm kind of sick of people using this line of logic as a means to excuse the mistreatment of it's playerbase by the company.

It's not an excuse by any means. Playing this game is a choice. It's a choice of how to spend your free time. Everything I have mentioned is in the Terms of Service, which players agree to before playing this game. If you disagree with how a company treats it's customers, do you shop in that store, do you eat at that restaurant? No. You choose to go elsewhere. Everyone has different levels of tolerance, and that's up to the individual to decide when it's their time to go elsewhere. You can air your grievances here, but it would seem that the decisions are made and plans are already in motion. In almost 8 years, I have yet to see a change of direction this far into the process, even when there was an uproar on these forums. It's going to happen. So that leaves players with a choice, no one is forcing anyone to stay. As harsh as that may sound, it's the truth. The choice is up to you.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I will chime in here to add that many players don't understand the corporate structure behind this game. I have seen people lay the blame on decisions for big changes on PWE, random Cryptic developers, property rights holders, staff members, janitors, and even forum moderators.

The top of the food chain probably does not care (or care to know) what is going on here. They own a bunch of games that people play and they make money. That is about it. How much money is incoming from game A, B, C, or D really don't matter to this crowd. That is snowballed and tossed into the bank, point is they make money and when they are operating at a loss, the fat cats on top may grumble or give them a glare, but they have other sources to cover expense. This is called a parent company and that is what PWE does. PWE is a lot like a father who delves out the allowances. From what my wife has told me, they make the lion's share of their money from Chinese soap operas and movies.

Cryptic is responsible as a whole. You cannot say, THIS was Chris or THIS was Tom, it is a collective collaboration. Ian is right about the "harsh truth", you are not part of the meetings they had a year ago when they formed these ideas, or meetings they had 6 months ago when they started the process. They only open beta test on preview to shake the bugs out and by now you are looking at maybe a year or more worth of work they paid many people to do.

At this point, it is like walking into McDonald's and asking the clerk what happened to the clown. They explain the corporate office had to let him go. Enraged people will blame the HQ, they will want to chew out the manager, they might even blame the clerk... Sorry sir, the clown is gone and there is nothing you or I can do about it. I eat at Burger King now.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited January 2021

At this point, it is like walking into McDonald's and asking the clerk what happened to the clown. They explain the corporate office had to let him go. Enraged people will blame the HQ, they will want to chew out the manager, they might even blame the clerk... Sorry sir, the clown is gone and there is nothing you or I can do about it. I eat at Burger King now.

Wait what... you mean Ronald McDonald is gone? :open_mouth: I didn't know that!

Back on Sharandar topic though - I hope its not going to be silly like... doing old Sharandar BACKWARDS. Haha. Remember when they made the Thayan Shelter thing in the Well of Dragons just the reverse of one of the Dread Ring mini dungeons? That was poorly received.

And it's still in the game.

And its still a million times better than Acquisitions Inc.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Wait what... you mean Ronald McDonald is gone? :open_mouth: I didn't know that!

Back on Sharandar topic though - I hope its not going to be silly like... doing old Sharandar BACKWARDS. Haha. Remember when they made the Thayan Shelter thing in the Well of Dragons just the reverse of one of the Dread Ring mini dungeons? That was poorly received.

And it's still in the game.

And its still a million times better than Acquisitions Inc.

I did play A.I. campaign on one character to 100% completion. I found it funny. Not everyone appreciates canned laughter in TV series but I do.
    From what little I played of module 20 on preview...

Remember how you are told the first time to get to Sharandar? Remember you had fight powries and trolls to the waterfall? Yes, same basic thing. No scouts or relics this time, you unleash and kill 4 oni. What are oni you ask? D&D classified them as violent spirit creatures, strong like trolls, and inherent magical abilities. These only came in the Eastern edition to my knowledge. The official mythos from Japan, oni are demon trolls, primitive in appearance but very powerful villians in their folklore. I didn't have a problem killing them and I run with that free illusionist companion I picked up years ago.

Remember how your fight ends at the waterfall? Nope. Now you fight frogs in there all the way down to manthing or swampthing. Once that one it dead you enter Sharandar. But it is essentially the same mission to fight your way in and open a portal. After that, there is an open gate and a locked gate... sounds familiar. You are once again sent through the gate to grind, fight, or die.

This Sharandar is different in design as it has a mail. I didn't find a bank, but I am curious if the market you walk through will have more things to sell?

Just killing time...