test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD 20

rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
Guess we are going back to sharandar, and it is way earlier than i thought, but at least looks more pleasing than another avernus map

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482743-neverwinter:-sharandar-february-9!

Comments

• rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Now we know why the 2x sharandar event coming next week will last 4 weeks
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    * Will old Sharandar go away?
    * What about Malabogs Castle?
    * And what will happen to the boons from the old Sharandar campaign?

Game really is not big enough that it can afford to lose perfectly playable content.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    The new Sharandar looks really nice with much better graphics etc. than the current one, Personally, i avoided the original for months because the colors were so annoying. Great to see it as a roll out, but it really begs quite a few questions:

1) Is this level 80 content (probably) and will it replace any content from the previous Sharandar or will it seamlessly build upon the old content?
    2) Is this currency that can be donated to the Stronghold as Sharandar currency, or will it be like SKT and not count as currency for the stronghold?
    3) Will it have vendor's that can reclaim Genie's gifts so that the market will stabilize for all those Juma bag/lockbox rewards?
    4) Demon HE's have never been a part of Sharandar--will those start to break in?
    5) Will the new module have HE's and Hunts like the last several?
    6) With the new combat system rolling out sometime soon, will anyone care to farm new weapons that might come from this module, and if they come, will they have some garbage extraneous refinement costs like SKT or Blessed weapons? (sorry--this question brought out some angst as I have sets of SKT weapons that will never get to be refined and I can't even use them as transmutes until you get them green)
    I am certain other questions will come, but Yeah!!!! new content that isn't demon/devil related (i think).

• aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

I'm glad, some of the "classic" spots can be developed more. I hope the do something more with Bariova.

Urlord

More Barovia would be nice, and Underdark would be awesome as well--just don't make it as demon plagued. There are lots of underdark creatures besides demons. And tying Underdark to Undermountain might be interesting. Hmmm.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Game really is not big enough that it can afford to lose perfectly playable content.

It will likely act like all the Elemental evil maps.
  • giovnar#9854 giovnar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Mod 21 ¿Dread Ring?
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I'd like to see Nostura's patron, Auntie Margath Bale-eye, be a part of Mod 20.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I am glad to see the revival of old adventure zones. So far this is not available on preview yet.

These are my concerns with this revival;
    Will this replace (upgrade) the current adventure zone?
    If yes, then will you retain Arcane Reservoir?
    If not, then please don't clutter the current travel map with yet more icons.

The players have enough navigation issues as it stands. From the trailer it appears to be a separate adventure zone. You could make the departure point from within the current realm.

Do we get an actual plot this time for being here?
    If yes, then wonderful, I look forward to it.
    Otherwise I assume it is just another forced relocation and genocidal war of the Dark Fey by the Iliyanbruen?
    Nicholas and Morbius loved that campaign.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User

lets hope they will just put a new gateaway to that campaign map on sharandar...
    There are 2 new adventure zones according to the mail that was sent out
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    That's a surprise - I really thought we were going to go after the Frostmaiden. All good though - new content is new! Maybe we'll get to run into Titania instead and she'll be like...

If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

Mod 21 ¿Dread Ring?

or icewind dale
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

Mod 21 ¿Dread Ring?

or icewind dale
    Well, after 3 weeks of Winter Festival, my characters could really use a break from the cold and the hellish hot (Avernus...) in a more moderate climate. B)
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I recommend partying up for the intro if you don't have 40k (!) item level. The best I could muster without guild boons was 39.2k and it's pretty tough. Died twice so far and I'm not even through the intro yet.

They really changed how redcaps look. Not sure I care for it, but whatever. I guess it will be a fight of the good redcaps vs. the evil ones (or the less-evil ones vs. the really evil ones).

Watch out for the Oni. They can take half your HP away in one hit and they're incredibly fast.

Just about everything so far has CC out the wazoo. Ugh.

screenshot-2021-01-09-03-43-42
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

I recommend partying up for the intro if you don't have 40k (!) item level. The best I could muster without guild boons was 39.2k and it's pretty tough. Died twice so far and I'm not even through the intro yet.

They really changed how redcaps look. Not sure I care for it, but whatever. I guess it will be a fight of the good redcaps vs. the evil ones (or the less-evil ones vs. the really evil ones).

Watch out for the Oni. They can take half your HP away in one hit and they're incredibly fast.

43k (unbalanced) wizard. I got through the intro with no death, but I really had to pull out my A game. I was surprised at how hard it was for being the intro.

If they keep it like this, getting into the new campaign will be hard for the less geared. Personally I think it is nice to have some non-trivial content to dig into.

Also, the new dungeon requires 45k IL.
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User

hustin1 said:

43k (unbalanced) wizard. I got through the intro with no death, but I really had to pull out my A game. I was surprised at how hard it was for being the intro.

If they keep it like this, getting into the new campaign will be hard for the less geared. Personally I think it is nice to have some non-trivial content to dig into.

I'm surprised at this. I transferred my current 29K Wizard from live and didn't change a thing. On preview my wizard was around 37K with no guild boons, changed my comp from augment to chicken so I wasn't over-capped on power, and I managed the intro to the zone no problem (yes they hit hard and my health did get low a couple of times).
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Well, it looks like the original campaign is completely gone, which is a real shame. I feel like we lost something here.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Well, it looks like the original campaign is completely gone, which is a real shame. I feel like we lost something here.

Every time something is taken from the game we lose something.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    googoots said:

hustin1 said:

I'm surprised at this. I transferred my current 29K Wizard from live and didn't change a thing. On preview my wizard was around 37K with no guild boons, changed my comp from augment to chicken so I wasn't over-capped on power, and I managed the intro to the zone no problem (yes they hit hard and my health did get low a couple of times).
    Back when module 18 was newish. I ran my pathetic character through the introduction -- abusing those NPC guards -- at Helm's Hold. When you get to Helm's Hold, you hear the guards talking about the man cleaving demons in two. I pulled the group up into those guards. Once I was done and inside, I got Clark Kent paladin to help. I take it there are no cannon fodder NPCs around this time?? Don't worry, my 20K Thayan Wizard will ninja that intro! :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    hustin1 said:

It's the new "Living world" thing. At least MC is still there, what left of it from the original version.
    greywynd said:

hustin1 said:

Every time something is taken from the game we lose something.
    Ouch! I know some people that will not be happy... at all. I am always happy, whoo! hoo! We got less stuff people! :skull:
    uhm, I hope this doesn't redact my boon points?

Just killing time...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You'd think after that mod forever ago when dungeons disappeared and players disappeared, and then later skirmishes disappeared, you'd think that someone in charge would realize taking things out of the game IS A STUPID HAMSTER IDEA.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    There was nothing wrong with original Sharandar?
    Not like EE that many people cannot complete because of those many fixes in the past.
    *english-ing edit
    - bye bye -
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

We have lol... we have lost the ability to make keys for Malabogs castle and master of the hunt.
    We have lost the ability to farm fey trinkets for stronghold progression.
    We have lost 4 boon points on any new character that doesnt complete old sharandar.

Good luck to all of the new guilds out there!
    edited January 2021
    I just got back from preview, this is the HD remake of Sharandar. Three gates and 2 are locked...again.

Good news: I didn't lose my 4 boon points from the original campaign.
    Bad news: Anyone that don't finish it by next month will not have them.

Good news: New map is less claustrophobic, looks great, new models for the trolls, redcap, and whatnot.
    Bad news: Same as before, had to fight my way into the new place -- makes no sense what-so-ever -- if we been there before why wouldn't I be able to return the same?

Good news: My pathetic characters can do this, very survivable, intro is tough but can be done. Especially in a group with friends... hard to believe it, but yes I do have friends in the guild.
    Bad news: My characters are ALL under 30K this is going to be item locked for 40K??? REALLY? Another forced grind for new content or you can pay them.

Good news: They changed the Quickling to be more "presentable" with a dapper jacket and pants.
    Bad news: The Redcap companion still looks the same.

I spoke to another player in chat on preview and they believe this is all "temporary" and old campaign will return after the 3 parts are done. No, my friends, say fond farewell to the Sharandar you know, and Hello to the new level 80 HD remake. I have no clue why I need more currency, if they don't plan to use it in the new module? I will assume the four weeks of double currency is for players to rush through the current campaign before it is gone!

Oh by the by, I ducked in for a quick look. Barovia is missing something called trees. It looks like a deforestation by unknown lumberjacks. @sandukutupu I know you are busy with your other game, but thought you might want to take a look. That Halloween party going to be "Save the Trees!" instead?

Just killing time...
    edited January 2021
    It's not item level locked for 40k, it's recommended for 40k, you can get in with far less. As far as old Sharandar, wait until we get some answers before rushing to conclusions.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

What happens to those boons? Will new players not get them? Will people who completed it lose them?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Only thing I hope they do is bring back the arcane resevoir, or something that gives weekly AD. If someone is a completely solo player, and does not run any dungeons, this removes one of their sources of income.

hustin1 said:

What happens to those boons? Will new players not get them? Will people who completed it lose them?
    I kept my boon points, but it seems you lose the ability to re-farm those on new characters.

This is principally bad, as it puts old players 4 boons ahead of new players with no way to catch up.
    And the solution to this is NOT to remove the old boon points, THAT would create a rightful uproar.

The old campaign should be left in.