test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Item/Item Sets to adjust

Comments

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Note that changes in T3 equipment only favored classes with CA in the Fort. I still hope to see a % CA gain for the other classes or we will return to Mod 16 where only TR's and CW's were sought as DPS.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Spiked Defender Vambraces - When hit, gain 1% defense, maximum 5%, after 5th hit, 5% power for 10 seconds (for tanks)
    Shielded Defender Vambraces - When hitting, gain 1% power, maximum 5%, after 5th hit, 5% defense for 10 seconds (for tanks).

I will make a follow up post about other gear bonuses (vallenhas gear etc.)
    Neko, the Vambraces first came out with Vallenhas :P

Note that changes in T3 equipment only favored classes with CA in the Fort. I still hope to see a % CA gain for the other classes or we will return to Mod 16 where only TR's and CW's were sought as DPS.

Even if all changes were a pseudo stealth class balance update, I don't think Wizards are going to instantly beat the likes of Arbiter Clerics or even Assassin Rogues with the changes.

Sure, Wizard damage might be multiplied by slightly more thanks to their forte bonus in CA, but I don't think it'll be enough to offset that they generally have the weakest magnitude per second out of all classes' attacks.

rjc9000 said:

Spiked Defender Vambraces - When hit, gain 1% defense, maximum 5%, after 5th hit, 5% power for 10 seconds (for tanks)
    Shielded Defender Vambraces - When hitting, gain 1% power, maximum 5%, after 5th hit, 5% defense for 10 seconds (for tanks).

I will make a follow up post about other gear bonuses (vallenhas gear etc.)
    Neko, the Vambraces first came out with Vallenhas :P

Even if all changes were a pseudo stealth class balance update, I don't think Wizards are going to instantly beat the likes of Arbiter Clerics or even Assassin Rogues with the changes.

Sure, Wizard damage might be multiplied by slightly more thanks to their forte bonus in CA, but I don't think it'll be enough to offset that they generally have the weakest magnitude per second out of all classes' attacks.
    With 90% CA and Critical Chance, wouldn't anything really achievable in the preview greatly increase the chances of these bonuses being activated?

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Striking_Advantage

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Storm_Spell

The class can achieve the maximum of CA, Critical Strike and Critical Severity, the latter now without having to pick points in Dex with the change of armor. Despite having this class, I never made much of a point about specializing in it, since it was created to be a buffer in pre mod 16. Since I don't have time to run tests with ACT, maybe you're right and I'm wrong.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User

I agree. I hope skyblazer or lightguard has % combat advantage. So far gith + rogue is looking ridiculous with T3 gear lol.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2021

Arcanist will vastly improve in PvE.
    A class rebalance between every mod has been the standard faire for years. This mod will certainly upset the previous 'balance' a lot.

Classes with powerful feats that boost damage or heals by a % will weather the mod well.
    Classes with powerful feats that boost skills by a magnitude amount will suffer.

> @zimxero#8085 said:
    > Arcanist will vastly improve in PvE.
    > A class rebalance between every mod has been the standard faire for years. This mod will certainly upset the previous 'balance' a lot.
    >
    >
    > Classes with powerful feats that boost damage or heals by a % will weather the mod well.
    > Classes with powerful feats that boost skills by a magnitude amount will suffer.

Based on ACT logs from top dps players of each class/paragon, wizard is getting steamrolled on damage. Hunter/Arbiter/Assassin/Blademaster in a great place, warden/hellbringer/dreadnought in a viable place, arcanist/thauma/whisperknife are horrendously bad compared to the rest in enc dps.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Amm can we get free insignia exchange? I really don't wana spent more then 15 mil to get another 15 insignia ( yea now I have all max dominance)
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • sirol#5176 sirol Member Posts: 13 Arc User

for how the cw are put, even with 260% of ca they would reach the other dps

for how the cw are put, even with 260% of ca they would reach the other dps
    Come on, with approximately +/- 8% of CA and +/- 8% Critical Chance, + skill powers (1. Ray of Ray of Enfeeblement (debuff for anothers powers) + Repel (active Controlled Moment = buff damage) + Desintagrate + Entangling Force (Dot) + at - will and all with chance to activate the powers quoted in my post. Add 10 stacks of Arcane Presence that is easily reachable, each stack of +0.5% damage, with ease of AP gain and casual recharge speed in the powers and you're telling me that the class is as bad as on the live server? I think the experts in the class need to review their concepts.
  • nabu#4746 nabu Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @admiralwarlord#3792 Wizard is currently one of the worst performers on preview, people have run the ACTs on it and it’s significantly worse than others.
    nabu#4746 said:

@admiralwarlord#3792 Wizard is currently one of the worst performers on preview, people have run the ACTs on it and it’s significantly worse than others.

I can't speak for the ACT, but from what I see, most run with Ray of Frost de at will and Chilling Presence, when this is inferior to Arcane Presence. But if you could show us the images from the ACT logs, I'd appreciate it.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I agree, some tank gear would be nice. I would love to see awareness as well.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User

nabu#4746 said:

I can't speak for the ACT, but from what I see, most run with Ray of Frost de at will and Chilling Presence, when this is inferior to Arcane Presence. But if you could show us the images from the ACT logs, I'd appreciate it.
    I don't play wizards, but I've run with many BiS ones, with 200k+ base power. A lot of people have opinions on wizards, but not a lot seem to know it inside and out. Taking 2 wizards, both lionheart set, 250k power buffed, capped stats and you can see in tomm runs sometimes one will do 20% the damage of the other. I honestly don't understand it =/ . People have made it clear there are a lot of bugs, but a 400% increase in damage from just playing differently either means the class is way too hard to play at skill ceiling, something is lost in the descriptions that only excessive testing can explain, or something has to be abused to make this happen.

In IC my zariel tank spec (125k power, capped offensive except CA, 113k) out dpses most wizards I've run with, that shouldn't be happening.

• tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Tank gear that provides 25% (total) in stats, even with procs to reach it. Will that ever happen?

Every time you get hit for more than 15%(random number) of your total life (premitigated damage) get 2.5% deflect and 2.5% deflect severity,
    stacks up to X times

You get +7.5%(number to be fixed) awareness when you fight only 1 target

etc

nabu#4746 said:

I don't play wizards, but I've run with many BiS ones, with 200k+ base power. A lot of people have opinions on wizards, but not a lot seem to know it inside and out. Taking 2 wizards, both lionheart set, 250k power buffed, capped stats and you can see in tomm runs sometimes one will do 20% the damage of the other. I honestly don't understand it =/ . People have made it clear there are a lot of bugs, but a 400% increase in damage from just playing differently either means the class is way too hard to play at skill ceiling, something is lost in the descriptions that only excessive testing can explain, or something has to be abused to make this happen.

In IC my zariel tank spec (125k power, capped offensive except CA, 113k) out dpses most wizards I've run with, that shouldn't be happening.

I agree with your thinking about the difficulties of the class, something that I particularly do not understand and can not even have parametermy CW, since I do not care if it does not give much damage by being an alt and not having the amount of investment that my main char or my GF receive. I only commented on some mistakes That I see, as well as about the visible gains that the class had with the changes in the combat system.

Even though I'm not an expert I'll take some suggestions:

Magic Missile - 25 magnitude, get an increase to 40 maybe;

Arcane Bolt - 45 of magnitude to 70 or more, since this At-Will is horrendous.
    edited January 2021

nabu#4746 said:

I agree with your thinking about the difficulties of the class, something that I particularly do not understand and can not even have parametermy CW, since I do not care if it does not give much damage by being an alt and not having the amount of investment that my main char or my GF receive. I only commented on some mistakes That I see, as well as about the visible gains that the class had with the changes in the combat system.

Even though I'm not an expert I'll take some suggestions:

Magic Missile - 25 magnitude, get an increase to 40 maybe;

Arcane Bolt - 45 of magnitude to 70 or more, since this At-Will is horrendous.
    My experience is that buffs to "used" skills should be done moderately, in small increments. That would be a big shift in the class right there, and could lead to the other at-wills and some feats no longer being used. Thaumaturge definately needs buffing. I believe they've held off because:

1. they are overworked
    2. they aren't sure which direction they are going to go with the class
    3. some of the bugfixes and stat system changes could completely derail any balancing changes made now
  • d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    If the Undermountain ones are keeping their bonuses, please make the rune area more visible. Also, it seems like the colors may be glitched. I have the Wyvern Set and I've seen the rune be green or yellow
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Isn't this supposed to be a thread about items/item sets? Not really about differences and issues in DPS on different classes. Maybe start another thread somewhere to continue the conversation?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

nabu#4746 said:

The top wizards get absolutely obliterated on damage in ZC/TOMM, and they are skilled players. Their class just sucks.. but that isn't what this thread is supposed to be about xD. Its item/item sets.
    Anyway,

I'd like to see a helmet/shirt give a tank bonus for once. Maybe one of the T2 hunt helmets giving 10% deflect severity against one target or something?
    I believe that many classes are sub ultilized, that was my point. With this change of combat maybe players now invest in other ways to take damage, since power has a cap.
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Tank bonuses can NEVER be effective with a '15% damage taken' Proc- since that would never happen often enough for one to gain more than 1 stack of the Bonus, let alone 5, at any given time. A per hit Bonus would also not work since some Bosses prefer to hit only once in a while but with stronger hits, for example Trobriand in LoMM.
    A compromise would be to have 2 types of Bonuses- 'per hit' in Mob Fights since you get hit often there and a 'flat x% increase' like the Fancy Duelist Mask of Cormyr (which gives 5000 Power in a Boss Fight) for Bosses/Trials.
    Further, unlike DPS, whose probability of proccing their 'x% damage done' Bonus rises per stack of Bonus due to their DPS rising per stack, the probability for Tanks actually DROPS with an 'x% damage taken' Bonus since their Tankiness rises, which means they take lesser damage per stack, making it very hard to get multiple stacks (along with the reasons I already mentioned).
  • supmadbrosupmadbro Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Suggestion for vorpal to make it viable for slower hitting dps classes. When you critically hit, you deal 10% additional dmg, This 10% bonus damage would work similarly to the 8% dmg thats on all weapon enchants, but only proc when you crit. Obviously the 10% can be higher or lower, Just my guess of what would be decently balanced.
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @supmadbro said:
    > Suggestion for vorpal to make it viable for slower hitting dps classes. When you critically hit, you deal 10% additional dmg, This 10% bonus damage would work similarly to the 8% dmg thats on all weapon enchants, but only proc when you crit. Obviously the 10% can be higher or lower, Just my guess of what would be decently balanced.

My crit rate 90% all the time so this 2 more %will be almost op, vorpal now in gud please, still need nerf bile dmg from 60 to 45 :)
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
    > @elderislt#1066 said
    > My crit rate 90% all the time so this 2 more %will be almost op, vorpal now in gud please, still need nerf bile dmg from 60 to 45 :)

crit rate 90% all the time, same with crit sev just from bone devil/crit sev potions, so Vorpal is useless for every dps. even with Bilethorn nerf from 60 to 45 its still gonna be like 12 or 13% dmg for most classes, bile should be good for fast attacking classes, Vorpal for slow hitting. I do think 10% is slightly too high, maybe 6% or 8% is better.
    edited January 2021
    That's an interesting variable that the combat change has brought, choices. I chose at first to invest in Critical Strike and Critical Severity, all for the sake of economics. I will not do my daily quests with potions and other things that make me costly and deviate from my primary investments that will be in mounts and companions. As well, I will not run with a companion fighter just to generate me CA, since this would also bring me costs and lose status. I think vorpal is in a good place in the preview, what's wrong is the Bile that destoa in much of other enchants with Faming for example.
    Post edited by admiralwarlord#3792 on
    Based on how bone devils ribcage and whispers hood of quiet were changed, I think it makes sense to change skyblazer helmet to 7.5% CA and nerf goristro's helmet to 7.5% critical strike.

Leaving goristro's helmet at 10% would make it better than 7.5% on skyblazer (which I don't think would be intended). Making them both 7.5% would ensure skyblazer is better in trials and goristro is better in mobs.
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > That's an interesting variable that the combat change has brought, choices. I chose at first to invest in Critical Strike and Critical Severity, all for the sake of economics. I will not do my daily quests with potions and other things that make me costly and deviate from my primary investments that will be in mounts and companions. As well, I will not race with a fellow fighter just to generate me CA, since this would also bring me costs and lose status. I think vorpal is in a good place in the preview, what's wrong is the Bile that destoa in much of other enchants with Faming for example.

So you're gonna Invest in a Vorpal just to do daily quests but not some potions that you can get for free from invoking?
    edited January 2021
    Is Dread working yet?

Terror still seems underpowered. I think a side effect should be added to it. Can't just keep buffing it or it would become a 'Ranger's only' weapon enchantment.

No one seems excited about Plaguefire or Feytouched enchantments either.