test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OP Class Feature "Guarded Prayers" = Broken

Tool-tip states "whenever you use Channel Divinity..."

OP doesn't channel divinity anymore :)
I understand that only 2 (or 3 max) features are viable for OP right now, but having a broken one certainly puts OP at a disadvantage

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited December 2020

I understand that only 2 (or 3 max) features are viable for OP right now, but having a broken one certainly puts OP at a disadvantage

Is the 'tab' key named "Channel Divinity"?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yoshiicapone#2520 yoshiicapone Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Is the 'tab' key named "Channel Divinity"?

I'm a console player, not sure what a "tab" key would do (guess that is PC) but the R1 on the PS4 used help channel divinity, and that does not work anymore.

edited December 2020

I'm a console player, not sure what a "tab" key would do (guess that is PC) but the R1 on the PS4 used help channel divinity, and that does not work anymore.

In PC, Paladin - Oathkeeper - in Powers tab, in Mechanic, there are 5 things:
    1. Block (assign to shift in PC).
    2. Channel Divinity (assign to tab in PC)
    3. Oath of Devotion Mechanic (Paragon)
    4. Hand of Divinity - Mechanic (Paragon)
    5. Aura of Divinity - Mechanic (Paragon)

Do you see the 2nd one? Does it assign to any control?
    "Channel Divinity" is one of combat skill. I don't think it can be removed in console.

For PS4, it should be R1. Did you hold the button? Do you see the blue bar in your health bar after you hold for a while and then release? If that does not work, the problem is not about the class feature but the button control.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yoshiicapone#2520 yoshiicapone Member Posts: 26 Arc User

In PC, Paladin - Oathkeeper - in Powers tab, in Mechanic, there are 5 things:
    1. Block (assign to shift in PC).
    2. Channel Divinity (assign to tab in PC)
    3. Oath of Devotion Mechanic (Paragon)
    4. Hand of Divinity - Mechanic (Paragon)
    5. Aura of Divinity - Mechanic (Paragon)

Do you see the 2nd one? Does it assign to any control?
    "Channel Divinity" is one of combat skill. I don't think it can be removed in console.

For PS4, it should be R1. Did you hold the button? Do you see the blue bar in your health bar after you hold for a while and then release? If that does not work, the problem is not about the class feature but the button control.
    @plasticbat ...I looked at this closer last night...and it looks like it is a trick of wording. The term "Channel Divinity" is misleading and the description is very open to interpretation (as most of the descriptions tend to be)...I understand it better with you giving me a different viewpoint.

Thanks very much for clearing this up for me :)
  • malikiel#7477 malikiel Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Yoshiicapone is right, we do not channel div anymore.
    The only time this feature might be usefull is when casting hand of divinity. But cast time is 3 sec max and no one need it vs aura of restoration, composure or eventually timely intervention.

This feat is a relic of the old system when we spent quite much time channeling div.
    edited January 2021

Yoshiicapone is right, we do not channel div anymore.
    The only time this feature might be usefull is when casting hand of divinity. But cast time is 3 sec max and no one need it vs aura of restoration, composure or eventually timely intervention.

This feat is a relic of the old system when we spent quite much time channeling div.
    It said "whenever you use Channel Divinity ..." as "whenever you use 'Channel Divinity' ..." instead of "whenever you channel Divinity". 'Channel Divinity' in this context is the name of a skill. Yes, Paladin does not channel divinity anymore but one can activate a skill called 'Channel Divinity'.