test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - General Feedback/Bugs

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Can we please get the Dusk set back in the tradebar store or as an alternative to the Drowcraft set in the Underdark campaign ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Hunting hawk instinkst, give 2x dmg on atwill
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • arkamaiarkamai Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I have this problem, an insane cure. happens after using daily, whenever I use atwill canceling the animation with life below 100% I get cures that reach 700k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGbepMe2RQ&ab_channel=ArkamaiMip
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    arkamai said:

I have this problem, an insane cure. happens after using daily, whenever I use atwill canceling the animation with life below 100% I get cures that reach 700k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGbepMe2RQ&ab_channel=ArkamaiMip

I do not think its related to cancelling animation. I think its related to Primal Instinct daily.

This daily normally should be negating the effect of combat advantage against us and the chance of being critically struck. I think we see that big heal when we were supposed to get critically hit. I do not know how exactly this daily works, I think maybe this daily is just giving us maximum critical avoidance or something like that. I assume on live this was working fine because crit avoidance was countering enemy critical chance. But now critical chance is not countered, and crit avoidance only reduces enemy critical severity. So I think this max crit avoidance from daily makes enemy crit severity negative or reduces it to smallest integer value possible(it can be seen from the example log down below). In the end their critically hit is appearing like its healing us.

This might be the issue here, as i said im not 100% sure, im just speculating.

An example log for this situation:

[Combat (Self)]Critical Hit! Halaster gives 988673664 (-2147483648) Arcane Damage to you with Arcane Blast.
  • arkamaiarkamai Member Posts: 3 Arc User

I do not think its related to cancelling animation. I think its related to Primal Instinct daily.

you are right. the problem is with the daily, the bug persists even when I do not do anything under the effect of it.
  • rudygandalf#8774 rudygandalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello
    At the start I want to say i appreciate all the work that the dev team devotes to the game.
    I wanted to talk about a few things with the warlock here, because now is the best time to change, because the class was and is not fully optimized

I will also point out that these are mostly to do with the DPS(hellbringer) class warlock not the Healing(Soulweaver)

One of the class's biggest shortcomings is the constant delay in the animations and the unexpected things these cause.
    The animations aren't smooth and the long duration of casting makes warlock clunky to play.

At will powers need to cast faster

[Arms of Hadar] needs more damage and could stun enemys for a short time

[Vampiric Embrace] magnitude is to low, for players wishing to stay further away from the enemy this could be an alternative

[Dreadtheft] it shouldn't block other skills. This power could be changed to allow us to use other skills while this is in use, because it blocks everything,
    to provide an alternative for players who wish to remain in range

[Hellfire Ring] casting is way to long, animation could be more dynamic

[Infernal Spheres] [Blades of Vanquished Armies]
    If I can suggest a favoured consideration for both of these powers.
    Infernal Spheres
    The Infernal Spheres could work like the current blades without the possibility of using them on other players.
    This power could increase player damage by 5% and deal 3 tic of damage like blades does now with decent damage.

Blades of Vanquished Armies
    Could be changed to be a more buff/protective skill,
    On the dps path the power could provide small amounts of temporary hp just like a wizard's shield and add additional damage with a specific value -
    same as the ranger daily powers but with a significantly reduced value
    + making blades only attacheable to yourself and not other players

For heal paragon, blue temorary hp could be increased and in addition the power
    could provide 5%-10% protection of damage and provide small healing over time
    Casting could even work with the tab mechanic

[Tyrannical Curse] Another suggestion I'd like to make is to change the cost of the Tyrannical Curse to a 50% action point.
    Reduce the damage dealt by this skill after use and reduce the damage bonus from 15% to 10%. After this change, it would
    be possible to use this skill twice in less time, which would help the warlock do consistent damage.
    It would open up a lot of combinations in character building AND possible to use a combination of two daily powers because at this point the only daily power
    that is in use is just [Tyrannical Curse]

[Soul Puppet] The next thing I would suggest is changing the soul puppet. If this mechanic needs to stay in the game suggesting
    that soul puppet appeared after 5 seconds of combat without any use of skills
    this would keep the soul puppet in battle can stack up to 5 stack as is now but in way shorter time.
    The third lower feat would have to be optimized and be as attractive to choose from as the third up.

[Curse]The base curse skill could have a small amount of damage increase and a damage indicator as the damaged caused does not show on screen.

[Soul Scorch]

This mechanic has a lot of bugs, the animation does not work properly using this skill often causes character movement and animations to glitch and the only
    option to remove this is use a quick burst of shadowstep. The animation and the end time must be shortened and optimized because
    it is one of the greatest problems of the warlock. If soul scorch had greater damage after using it, you could completely change the first class feat and
    add something new there that will be more useful (maybe even transfer [Double Scorch] to class feature)
    because at this point players must give up dealing increased damage [Double Scorch] on tab mechanic
    and choose [Power of nine hells] because the lack of stability of the soul puppet causes to be almost unplayable.

https://streamable.com/0fe05s

The class features could be changed, there are many of them but only a few are playable,
    I would suggest changing some useless powers and combining them with the encounter powers as with fighter where combining some skills increase dps.

[Dark Prayers][Dust to Dust][Dark One's Blessing][Flames of Empowerment]are completly useless.
    Dust to dusk provides 5% damage but it cannot be fully utilized because most combinations now require 2 completely different class features.
    Changing one of them makes the character unable to utilize the build properly.

The mechanics of soul spark have to be improved because the warlock becomes even slower and is not very dynamic.
    After the changes on the test server there is no longer a mechanic that gives sparks when dealing critical hits.

Thank you for your time.
    Maybe other players will add something else.
    Please consider this changes.

• malistaire#9098 malistaire Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    BUG

Will of the Sentinel is missing from the Mechanics section of the Barbarian Sentinel's power tab.

Fighter and Paladin Tanks still have their respective base threat multipliers (Oath of Protection, Path of the Vanguard)
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    From my perspective, Enchantments are a way to 'flesh out' a character's stats, and in doing so, provide the means for a versatility, flexibility, and uniqueness of build styles.

With the current proposed system, the Enchantment-specific stats (i.e. the non-Combined Rating) stats, are far too lack-lustre to really make any real difference, as you could almost slot in any Enchantment and the difference is negligible.

What i propose is:

Re-balance Combined Rating and non-Combined Rating on Enchantments
    I would prefer to see a rework where approximately 50% of the Combined Rating stats on all Enchantments are transferred to the specific non-Combined Rating stats that each individual Enchantment provides. This will greatly encourage, assist and support players to develop greater and more numerous unique and different builds, without unbalancing the system.
    BUG

Unstoppable (Tab) appears to be giving 50% stamina while the effect is active. When it's not active we have 40% stamina. I was under the impression that all tanks had 60% stamina when their tab effects were active.

This is with Unstoppable (Tab active).

I have 954,757 HP. With Unstoppable active, I blocked 477,379 damage. That is 50% of my total HP.

Unfortunately it doesn't say how much stamina Unstoppable provides anywhere in game. It would be much appreciated if the tool-tip for Unstoppable was updated so that is displays how much increased block Unstoppable provides when it is active. I would also appreciate our Tab mechanic providing the same amount of stamina as the other two tanks :/
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Got one smaller sugestion to add regarding awareness stat coming from mounts. I checked in collections and as far as I can tell, there is only one legendary mount that gives only awareness stat: Beholder Personal Tank. There is Celestial Stag but this one has mixed awareness with accuracy. No other legendary and no other epic mount has awareness and only some blue and green mounts has is.

There are a lot of mounts with critical avoidance stat, so here is the sugestion: change some of those critical avoidance to awareness.

Event known as Hell Pit and now Harvester of Nightmares offer legendary account-reclaimable mount: Golden Warhorse. This mount also has critical avoidance and since it's one-time thing, I would guess it's too much to ask for this mount to have also crit.avoid swapped for awareness (even though Beholder Tank mount is a thing that comes only from campaign with really low drop chance).
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    bug:
    Flayed Storyteller's Journal has lower IL than other storyteller's journals.
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2021
    brewald said:

NW.123.20201218A.2

Bugs on Augments companions:

- Ioun Stone of the Feywild
    Doesn't provide statistics

Thank you for your reports!

I reviewed your character and the Ioun Stone of Radiance in your inventory thinks that it's an Ioun Stone of the Feywild. I would recommend contacting CS at the following link for assistance: https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us

Miku V.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @cryptic39#8917 @noworries#8859 a wizard friend and I theory crafted some ideas for the class that could help them. Listed below are our thoughts:

Make some kind of "arcane buff bar" that increases your damage by up to 15% and recovery speed by up to 100%
    change arcane empowerment to a daily that fills the bar for 12 seconds and recovery speed is increased to 400% (and possibly increase the damage by an additional 10%?)
    whenever you use an encounter power, the bar increases by 3%
    whenever you use an at will power, you consume it by 3% (for each hit of RoF)
    increase RoF magnitude to 90 to avoid TAB Q E R afk playstyle
    reduce RoE cooldown to 14 sec, assailing force cooldown to 12 sec
    whenever you have less than 20% bar, the amount of the thing gained by encounters gets doubled
    fix the cooldown bug and buff elemental reinforcement to 20% at max

The class is in trouble of being relegated to a useless dps unfortunately (disclaimer I don't main wizard, but I feel for my wizard main friends).
    For thauma:

Smolder is currently 40 magnitude over 3 seconds for its damage over time. Our suggestion is the following:

Increase the magnitude to 50/second, stackable up to 5 times and does not overwrite, for a maximum of 250 magnitude/second. This buff alone might make thauma viable.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Will we be getting an exchange for weapon enchantments?
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    fyi... Dreadnought faces direct damage loss in mod 20.

Almost all Dreadnoughts use Bull Charge and Anvil of Doom in Single Target battle. Most use Bull Charge always. These two encounter skills represent about 33% of a Dreadnought's total damage.

On preview...

Bull Charge loses 100 magnitude
    Anvil of Doom loses 125 magnitude

The reason they are losing magnitude is because Encounter damage was increased by 33%, but Feats and Feature magnitude was not. Both of these skills, when used, are used with their corresponding Feat/Feature.
    edited January 2021

fyi... Dreadnought faces direct damage loss in mod 20.

Almost all Dreadnoughts use Bull Charge and Anvil of Doom in Single Target battle. Most use Bull Charge always. These two encounter skills represent about 33% of a Dreadnought's total damage.

On preview...

Bull Charge loses 100 magnitude
    Anvil of Doom loses 125 magnitude

The reason they are losing magnitude is because Encounter damage was increased by 33%, but Feats and Feature magnitude was not. Both of these skills, when used, are used with their corresponding Feat/Feature.

@noworries#8859 I brought up the issue of feat/class feature magnitudes being raised on hunter before in a previous thread and was wondering if there are plans to address some of them. It isn't that big of a deal on hunter since we are already in a good spot (thorned roots remained unchanged), but dreadnought could use a look. I think even before these changes, dreadnought needed a small buff, this nerf will hurt them. Perhaps give the feats that zimxero is mentioning above the same buff given to encounters, and then take a look at buffing the encounter magnitudes separately, as they could use a boost anyway.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    @cryptic39#8917 Knight's Rebuke and Survivor's Blessing are both under performing compared to Barbarian's Revelry.
    They provide about 1/3rd the heal per proc of Barbarian's Revelry.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Yeah fighters need another nerf because we are in such a great place, what is that, 3rd worst dps. So because the feat changed, which some of us don’t use, let’s nerf damage because god forbid they actually can do some.
    So now we HAVE to take a feat to use a power. Yeah less choice! Why not make Seethe even crappier than it is now too. Really help that paragon path just die.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Teneborous

Tooltip says it does 5% of HP up to 24k. ACT shows it never hits for that. I don't know how to read the logs directly. ACT is using the 2nd last number as the damage, and the log does have a 24k as the last number e.g.
    21:01:10:13:03:59.0::Halcyon 9,P[101268492@15683196 Halcyon 9@tamtoucan],,*,Target Dummy,C[59026 Entity_Targetdummy],Tenebrous Power,Pn.Ajxxze,Physical,Dodge,11638.5,24000
    21:01:10:13:04:06.5::Halcyon 9,P[101268492@15683196 Halcyon 9@tamtoucan],,*,Target Dummy,C[59026 Entity_Targetdummy],Tenebrous Power,Pn.Ajxxze,Physical,,16000,24000

Teneborous
    R11 says it gives the same as R15 except for Item Level and rating. This is a huge nerf since there is no real point in spending millions for tiny HP and damage increase. Especially strange since there is large difference between a Barkshield R13 and R14 (making it's upgrade more whorthwhile).
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Who knows if the barkshield is working as intended. Elven battle on live has been 10-12 same stats for a long time, it makes it hard to bother investing into.

Yeah fighters need another nerf because we are in such a great place, what is that, 3rd worst dps. So because the feat changed, which some of us don’t use, let’s nerf damage because god forbid they actually can do some.

So now we HAVE to take a feat to use a power. Yeah less choice! Why not make Seethe even crappier than it is now too. Really help that paragon path just die.

we were calling for damage buffs xD
  • igrejamasterigrejamaster Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Hi, how are you? So I would like to know if the Wizard could receive any buff in any of the paragons, today he is currently the worst class in the game, as DPS in PVE he is not good in AoE damage or in Single Target damage and in PVP he is one of the easiest classes to kill and has the least damage to kill someone in front of the other classes!

Could anything be done?
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @jman3l#5579 said:
    > we were calling for damage buffs xD

Lol

Right! But now to do damage with an encounter, I HAVE to use a feat, which uses up my choices. Why have any other feats? Everyone was saying we need choice and no more cookie cutter meta builds, but this is exactly what this is.
    Sheesh.
    And yeah, Wizards still suck and their control abilities are non existent.
    If we could move away from everything being about dealing damage and remember the buff and control functions that used to be so fun and relevant to game play.
    edited January 2021

>

To be fair, that is the case for almost all classes and roles. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single class/role that has a meaningful choice for their feats. You have a choice between picking a bad option and picking an ok option.