test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter fest - Starlight bags - level 16 char and 0 bags

b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
simply put.. What level do you need to be to get a starlight bag? it says 15 for parcel.. but nothing on the Bag. after receiving 120 gifts (3x 10 gift parties) on a level 16 char they got 0 bags. I know this because I was in the party with them and they were less than 10 from me ;) Their alt level 36 got countless bags to drop.

Even with bad RNG 0 bags that many gifts is not likely

Comments

• johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I opened 90 bags on one toon , 4 green comps, 1 pres ward pack , 60 plus black pearls and some weapon and fashion items . Than I opened that toons parcels at 92 opened and received black pearls and blue weapons in all . He is my cursed rng toon . So yea, rng can be brutal at times . Keep the faith !!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I can't remember the exact level you need to get bags but it's above 15 definitely. I know 30 can get them, it may be a bit below that.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Well, i think the level to get something good from the bags/parcels is around 25, but i would recommend leveling up to 30 just to be on the safe side. I think the "drop chance for the good stuff" level restriction was introduced last year, since that was the first time i noticed it. And i'm wondering why this isn't clearly mentioned somewhere?

I mean, what about a new player getting into the Winter Festival for the first time, buying parcels with real money, only to find out after opening and asking around that they can't get anything good from them below level XY...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Well I looked and looked and looked for the answer to this question and can't find what I'm looking for! I seem to remember there was a required level and I feel it was level 30. But I can't find the reference to it. I was able to find winter event on preview posts, I was able to find the first blog post about it in 2013, posts from Strumslinger back in the day. But no luck finding the post that is sticking in my mind about it!!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well, i tested it with a level 25 character today, 2x10 gifts round in a full group, got 0 bags, only RP HAMSTER and some stars.
    Level 33 character, 2x10 gifts, 11x bags, RP HAMSTER and a few stars.

Anyway, as mentioned before, would be nice to have this hidden level requirement somewhere be shown...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    yup.. had a few lower level gift with us and didn't realize it till they complained.. they were sub 20 level.. Maybe next winterfest it'll update.. I doubt it.. but.. maybe? :P I'm officially done gifting this year (suuuuuure....) .. 992 bags opened across 25 chars.. now I have to open 420 (already opened 123) more parcels today.. on top of the 50 I'll get today and tomorrow.

It's been a long three weeks but I look forward to this event every year!